Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 9th August 2015, 21:01   #61
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff_106 View Post
Yeah looks like it changes quite a bit when the light hits it tbh! Not sure I'd have the balls to go for the colour in case I changed my mind on it a few months down the line but that is coming from someone with a silver 106 and (currently) a Gun Metal Grey Juke albeit with a red interior haha.

Aye yeah good to see the old girl still about... not quite sure the plate fits the car anymore though! Oh and your new reg is showing as well in that pic mate lol

Photo fixed. Cheers.

And now I've gone from a string of black cars to this I don't think I'll ever get a "boring" colour again. Love it.
Old 9th August 2015, 21:05   #62
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Nice car,bronze coloured wheels I feel would suit it mate.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 21:07   #63
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439153846.064047.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	17989saw these today and thought the same...
Old 9th August 2015, 22:00   #64
griff_106
Established Member

Car(s): Daily: 2015 Juke 1.5dci Toy: 2002 106 Quiksilver
griff_106 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Photo fixed. Cheers.

And now I've gone from a string of black cars to this I don't think I'll ever get a "boring" colour again. Love it.
No worries!

The old man's had two black cars now and fancies a change tbf... he's only going to go for a white Leon Cupra ST 280 though so nothing drastic haha.

Hmm do like those wheels actually! Will keep an eye on the thread to see what you settle on

106 GTi Raptors, 60mm Spax Springs, GTi/VTS 247mm front brake setup for sale and more HERE! PM me for info if required!
griff_106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 17:17   #65
Rossp
Super Moderator

Back from the ring.

Only two laps in the dry, the rest (6) the following day in weather you'd not want to drive to the shops in. 08:48 was the first (and only "hot") lap, second was a cruise around to show some people round. 11:06 in the appalling weather the following day so doesn't really count.

Car wants for better tyres (needs pilot super sports really - that'll transform it) and probably different pads. Almost set fire to the EBC yellows (which were just fine on my B7 but I guess I was using more engine braking on the manual car). Brakes were pouring out enough smoke to have me wishing I'd got the fire extinguisher ready...

Naturally the Audi put in a faultless performance there and back - arriving back a bit late in the UK we did Dover to home in 1 hour 25 mins - not bad for a 132 mile journey that includes a large swathe of M25 with speed cameras... It also appears Audi lied a little about the 155mph speed limiter. Saw 170mph before having to brake for traffic on the E40 on the way home - pleased I didn't pay the £1k for the delimited ECU...

All in, a great trip with Josh, Sam, Dom and a few (15!) of the regulars. I'm already booked again for Easter bank holiday (it's always a spectacle as it's Car Crash Friday) but will save my laps for the days after
Old 18th August 2015, 18:51   #66
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

aren't these things 190+ machines when unrestricted?
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 19:16   #67
ldavies
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Boosted 106 GTI 16V Supercharged
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
ldavies is on a distinguished road

Wow amazing Ross looks a stunner.
Think I've read more progress threads of yours than all the Saxo owners threads put together lol.
Is it 3 Audi,s your up to now, not to mention the Clio 182 your currently on with lol and not forgetting the 106 turbo thread lol. Still read that now
Deep pockets my friend.
I hope when I get bored of the supercharged 106 I end up with something in the same class as these lol, I wish.
Can't wait for more news and upgrades
Old 18th August 2015, 19:43   #68
Rossp
Super Moderator

Aye meirion I think so - somewhere round there anyway. It's not like the rs6 mind where it's steady Eddie at high speed. You do know you're doing it.

Thanks for the comments. Yep 3rd Audi for me and I'll be sticking with them for a while now - quality of the car is very high, customer service is exceptional, and the cars ability to do everything I ask makes it worth while

And yeah - I do seem to have done a couple of progress threads now lol. I love the little French tins dearly but I'd never sink a ton of money into one again. Wish I hadn't gone boosted in that regard, but conversely I gained a lot of knowledge and friends along the way so wouldn't change it for the world now.