Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 1st August 2016, 18:54   #1
SaxoCup16v
L-plater

SaxoCup16v is on a distinguished road
Default 195 50 15

Yes, there are a ton of information about these, also too many different opinions with different setups, I was wondering how would nankang ns-2r(195-50-15) would suit a eibach-prokit(3cm) with 15" standard alloy,
will they rub?
how bad would it be?
got a video/demonstration?
is it worth the hassle over sportyness/comfort?
the big price difference, for the price of the ns-2r in 45 profile the best i can get is rainsport 3 / t1r
SaxoCup16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2016, 21:16   #2
SaxoCup16v
L-plater

Anyone? i am having a lot of doubts with a lot of mixed opinions
Old 10th August 2016, 01:20   #3
ForteRob
L-plater

Car(s): Here's goes!!! Vauxhall corsa Renault Clio TOYOTA
ForteRob is on a distinguished road

Shouldn't rub? Minimal difference. Google the tyre size or eBay it. Check results with tyre reviews to see what works and what doesn't. Some reviews are hideous. Nankang have grossly varied reviews so it looks like it depends on drive style to suit tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ForteRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 02:36   #4
SaxoCup16v
L-plater

Thank you for answering
I have been researching like a maniac and surprisingly at the top of the list its still the nankang ns2r 180 street version and am still very sceptical about buying a semi slick let alone buying a chinese nankang tyre..
On the rest of the list i had Bridgestone RE003 which unfortunately aren't coming out on the European market;
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 but since these are the "downgraded" version for the pilot sport 2 it just puts me off just knowing that, also there are better versions from michelin...
At this time am still researching exploring other tyres and verifying the B wet rating of the ns2r which seems really good for a semi slick
Old 19th August 2016, 22:08   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

I would recommend sticking with 45 profile. 50s are hit or miss and things like actually tyre size ( is actually varies brand to brand and even model to model ) rim width, suspension setup and such like become deciding factors. Also begrip. Personally I would avoid anything to slick like if it's a road car unless it's just a summer toy. Personally if it's a road car I would avoid anything to race like unless it's just a summer toy. Most will perform far worse than there grip ratings would you believe on a typical UK slimy wet road.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 13:50   #6
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

ps3 are not a downgrade on PE2.
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 11:57   #7
SaxoCup16v
L-plater

Well i tried some 195-50-15 i truly recommend everyone NOT TO use them, depending on how low your rear axle is it will scrape in some bumps, and if you have 1-2 persons on the back its going to be a awful ride, in front it scrubs on full lock and some scrubbing if you are driving really hard a small bump appears/even a small rock for that matter.

In the research i found that PS3 are a bit of a downgrade due to the EU regulations on noise emissions not 100% sure
Old 22nd August 2016, 08:24   #8
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

why do you think they fitted 195/45 x15 to later vts ???--cos they touch thats why