Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 12th December 2016, 20:45   #1
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Car(s): JuliustoogyJD
DaCrazyOne is on a distinguished road
Default Brakes and handbrake problem

So I know my brakes are bedded in I have grove disc all round. However front brakes are making like a grumbling sound and like their grinding. I know they have plenty left on them as checked them. Nothing is court in them and look like a even ware down on the pads.

I have checked lubrication and even redone and still getting the grumbling sound when am braking. Its almost like ABS kicking in when slamming brakes on in an emergence stop.

Next one is for handbrake.

So have new handbrake, cables, and clean up done. Handbrake was working fine for about a month or so now when handbrake is off its flapping about and has a lot of slack in it. I have had this tightened up but still its lose and also my handbrake light is showing on now and then.

When on a hill if handbrake on and I get up to move out the car can hear it screeching and rolls back a tiny amount not much but still it seems as tho its not holding its weight proper. Is this to do with caliper maybe ceased up? How to check or how to fix if is ceased up?
DaCrazyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 11:46   #2
BUMMERS
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

BUMMERS is on a distinguished road

Did you get a DTI on your front discs when you fitted them? Sounds like one or both might be warped.
BUMMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 19:30   #3
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Was checked before I put on and still fine no coating on them was a sticker on each of them but removed before fitting. Double checked and not warped or an thing like it only other thing can think maybe pads are cheap so might take a step buying green stuff ones or more uprated returning these as only had on for a month and done 1200 mile or so abd shouldebt be doing this on em. Just trying figure out what might be. Tonight tho on back have noticed a lot or brake dust build up on alloys on back to point almost giving a layer of dust so more thinking could be pads or defective and or cheap. With regards to handbrake still puzzling me what is think might strip down all brake system this weekend chean everything up and see if anything seased up too
Old 14th December 2016, 06:46   #4
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Grooved discs can be noisy, depending how the angle of the groove interacts with the pad.
Fit plain discs and send the grooved ones back, they aren't best suited to road use anyway, which is why cars don't come fitted with them from the factory.
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 19:43   #5
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Well when I got them where never like this and have had off today and nothing appears warped or anything. Why would I want to send stuff back when its up rated brake system with much better stopping power not had problems in past with them. Might gone to a different place to get disc and pads this time round but might be taking trip back down to see wtf wrong
Old 16th December 2016, 19:51   #6
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCrazyOne View Post
Well when I got them where never like this and have had off today and nothing appears warped or anything. Why would I want to send stuff back when its up rated brake system with much better stopping power not had problems in past with them. Might gone to a different place to get disc and pads this time round but might be taking trip back down to see wtf wrong
Well what would I know?
I've only been around tuned and racing cars for forty years...
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chipwizards For This Useful Post:
Old 18th December 2016, 17:40   #7
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizards View Post
Well what would I know?
I've only been around tuned and racing cars for forty years...
I totally get where ya coming from as not standard to have grove or drilled disc it come with a set on it that was perfectly fine when originally got car. Coming to changing with new and theirs problems. I will try to do what you advised when got money to put new on again as too near Christmas for buying all round disc again.
Old 24th December 2016, 17:29   #8
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Well that is brakes sorted out. Found was the pads where defective and got refunded on them and decided to go with some EBS pads. Seems done the trick no grumbling from braking at all guess pads that where the cause. Now to find the problem with handbrake.