Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 9th April 2018, 10:49   #1
Bodeka
L-plater

Bodeka is on a distinguished road
Default Just Bought A Clean VTR

My first car was a 1.1 Saxo that was previously owned by my Mum. She didn't take good care of it, when I first got it and changed the oil, no oil came out. So it wasn't a surprise when 8 months later the car died on me. I'd been saving up for a while for a new car but I wanted to wait till my current policy ran out.

So, using my savings, I bought myself this VTR. 51 plate, 84k miles, FSH up to 75k, and a relatively clean example, got it for 900. Needed a new spring and a new wheel, but overall immaculate inside and out. How'd I do?

Need to spray the grill the bumper colour, but other than that, she's pretty sweet.
Bodeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 11:55   #2
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Cracking little motor. Any rot?
What are your plans for it?
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 12:52   #3
Bodeka
L-plater

Bodeka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_130 View Post
Cracking little motor. Any rot?
What are your plans for it?
Minor rust inside the boot due to seals but purely cosmetic, just going to treat it. There's some rust in other areas but nothing major, none on the arches etc, just going to treat it when I get round to it.

I'm torn between modifying, it's such a nice example I want to keep it that way. I think I'll be happy with just bolt on mods (air filter, strut brace), things that are easily removable. Not going to put a camshaft in or anything. I'm definitely going to get some nicer discs and pads, current ones are corroded so might as well spend the extra tenner or so.

First thing is a service from me, need to check the cambelt as I think it stopped being serviced just before the cambelt was due. Going to put some sound deadening in and some component speakers, as well as a sub. Also need to chuck some new tyres on, going to get the Uniroyal RainSport3s seeing as I live in England.

Anything you'd recommend mate?
Bodeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 17:06   #4
Saxrob

Car(s): Poseidon blue Saxo VTR reg BD03LFF. Sold in 2010 a
Saxrob is on a distinguished road

Very nice mate. Standard non ragged ones are getting harder to find.
Saxrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2018, 15:23   #5
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

check the front chassis legs from under the bonnet, boot floor and sides (where floor meets side wall) and jacking points for rust and get on top of it asap.
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:44   #6
Serapth

Car(s): 2003 Saxo VTR
Serapth is on a distinguished road

Get some solution finish on the grill and black plastics, will look like new.
Serapth is offline   Reply With Quote