Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 28th January 2016, 16:46   #521
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
ha and probably most pushbikes. However this one does come with its own hamster sized bath in the rear sill
Mine gives me a shower through the interior light the day after it rains. Optional extra apparently.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 17:16   #522
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Not on here mate, but I did over on CS then gave up as it was pointless
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 17:17   #523
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post
Mine gives me a shower through the interior light the day after it rains. Optional extra apparently.
Surprise integrated shower system, mine used to do it through the sunroof drain tray. Hard corner and bam wet lap - looks like your been wanking or pissed yourself when you get out. Not sure good for those of us with intact bladder functions but a get out clause for the older incontinent driver so I can see why it was an option.
Old 29th January 2016, 03:49   #524
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Only leaks ive had have been on the vvc metro,through the heater blower unit.
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2016, 17:50   #525
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

Think I'm going to fetch the box off this again, got a rattle loud rattle from inside the bell housing. I'm thinking loose/snapped flywheel bolts or clutch cover bolts. Doesn't affect how it drives just makes a noise and doesn't go with clutch in or out so its not the release bearing. A job for warmer weather I think and when I have more time free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 6th February 2016, 23:24   #526
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

Default Gandi699's Amazon Mk1 VTR 16v

Got the box off today, I wasn't wrong

This fell out when I got the clutch and pressure plate off

That's the dowel from end of the crank that centres the flywheel.

Here's a couple of videos showing how loose the flywheel was and the bolts

Fortunately I can't see any damage done but was pretty lucky that the bolts didnt come out totally - a heavy flywheel rotating quickly could have made a bid for freedom easily enough or at least caused some bad damage to the box and engine. Surprisingly other than the rattle it drove fine!

Also my bigger torque wrench decided to fail on me so I've done the bolts up with more thread lock again,same as last time, and used my other smaller torque wrench to bring them up to 65nm. Should probably renew the bolts so I'll have a think and maybe change them before I put it all back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gandi699; 7th February 2016 at 01:42.
Old 7th February 2016, 19:38   #527
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

In the end I went with the original bolts. All back together now and removed from my garage, no pics of this as I was in a hurry today to get it done so I don't have to do it on a week night. No more rattle so far and it started first turn of the key which is always nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11th February 2016, 04:31   #528
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Lucky there realy my mate..
Old 11th February 2016, 15:54   #529
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

Very very lucky, that dowel inside the clutch cover could have easily ruined the clutch plate and scored the flywheel but thankfully no harm done other than slight witness marks
Old 23rd February 2016, 04:37   #530
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

Got it nick of time!!
Old 7th June 2017, 19:24   #531
Kianio7

Car(s): saxo 1.1 massey ferguson 135
Kianio7 is on a distinguished road

smart looking yoke still have it ?
Kianio7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2018, 02:58   #532
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

Not sure who still frequents these forums these days as I imagine it’s use base it’s next to zero with the advent of Facebook but I do still have this car. I can’t believe I’ve had it nearly 8 years and in those 8 years I’ve driven it even less miles than the years I’ve owned it even though I’ve spent hundreds maybe thousands of pounds on parts and what have you. I probably could have bought a decent Vts from the off back when they weren’t fetching big money. Oh well, I think I’m possibly a car hoarder but I don’t generally buy other vehicles to add to the collection, I just work on the two “daily” cars for me and the wife and also a slightly decrepit and inherited 2004 Ford Ka that’s joined this vtr on my “driveway of eternal ownership” perhaps never to turn a wheel on the highways and byways of England again
What’s more funny is even though I do still tinker with both cars occasionally when not doing work on our proper cars and other life stuff, I do chuck a good battery on them from time to time and they both start first time and run sweet. Maybe they’ll see the road in the 2020s!
Old 31st December 2018, 12:11   #533
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not sure who still frequents these forums these days as I imagine it’s use base it’s next to zero with the advent of Facebook but I do still have this car. I can’t believe I’ve had it nearly 8 years and in those 8 years I’ve driven it even less miles than the years I’ve owned it even though I’ve spent hundreds maybe thousands of pounds on parts and what have you. I probably could have bought a decent Vts from the off back when they weren’t fetching big money. Oh well, I think I’m possibly a car hoarder but I don’t generally buy other vehicles to add to the collection, I just work on the two “daily” cars for me and the wife and also a slightly decrepit and inherited 2004 Ford Ka that’s joined this vtr on my “driveway of eternal ownership” perhaps never to turn a wheel on the highways and byways of England again
What’s more funny is even though I do still tinker with both cars occasionally when not doing work on our proper cars and other life stuff, I do chuck a good battery on them from time to time and they both start first time and run sweet. Maybe they’ll see the road in the 2020s!
I think (don't shoot me here) we are at an age, where we can afford to have these projects but cannot manufacture the time to 'complete' them, if that is ever a term.
My enthusiasm waines also, as being old means different priorities and conflicts and how 'best' to use our time - more so, with family, spouse, career etc.
I tend to convince myself nowadays that, I'll do the jobs in the winter time. As I'd prefer to enjoy the summer doing something useful with the kids. However, I'm too old and too cold to be bothered in the winter and it sort of spirals from there!

I still frequent here and love to read the builds/refreshes or just general parts hoarding or what have you. So if you do get back out there, make sure you update this!
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sri_130 For This Useful Post:
Old 31st December 2018, 15:05   #534
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Get back out in it and drive it, you will then remember why you loved it so much. This is especially true if you are exclusively now only driving modern cars, the contrast will be quite something!

I on the other hand have ended up choosing older cars entirely, using a 20 year old 306 Dturbo for my daily driving, a classic mini for club runs etc and now a saxo VTS for additional fun and light track/hillclimb use. They're such fun little cars!
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dturbo For This Useful Post:
Old 31st December 2018, 18:27   #535
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore

Cheers guys, I hear what you say about the time element - before being married and what not I seemed to have so much time to work on this car and now I’m lucky if I can scrape together a few hours a month.
Old 5th March 2019, 03:53   #536
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Cheers guys, I hear what you say about the time element - before being married and what not I seemed to have so much time to work on this car and now I’m lucky if I can scrape together a few hours a month.
Hey bud your stil got your saxo??