Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 11th March 2009, 18:35   #41
dj_russell
Established Member

Car(s): 400bhp build gt4
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
dj_russell is on a distinguished road

also what bhp did this craigs run on somone elses rr?
dj_russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 18:39   #42
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_russell View Post
also what bhp did this craigs run on somone elses rr?
pm saxo180 he will be able to tell you.
Old 11th March 2009, 18:42   #43
dinga
Frequent Poster

Car(s): vts
dinga is a jewel in the roughdinga is a jewel in the roughdinga is a jewel in the roughdinga is a jewel in the rough

you can lead a horse to water,but..........................
Old 11th March 2009, 18:54   #44
dj_russell
Established Member

Car(s): 400bhp build gt4
dj_russell is on a distinguished road

tried pming him but it keeps saying theres an error??? would reallyt like to have a chat with this dude my msn is dj_russell_plays_trance@yahoo.co.uk

cheers
dj_russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 19:02   #45
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Database is having issues atm.
Old 11th March 2009, 19:08   #46
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): clio 172 exclusive track toy
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
tried pming him but it keeps saying theres an error??? would reallyt like to have a chat with this dude my msn is dj_russell_plays_trance@yahoo.co.uk

cheers
ur abit of a cock really mate ur car does not have 180bhp the 180 l.a.d conversion does not have 180bhp , i know all about l.a.d i had headwork done by them on my vts with the work i had done they said it would be 170bhp on there rollers it did show 170bhp ish ,but there rollers was tottal wank ,
so i took it to motorscoop in north allerton and it showed 146bhp ,after that i cammed it and had it on chipwizzards rollers and ran 157bhp .

so listen to what people are telling u get it on a proper set of rollers and u may see 160 bhp tops but that will be it

my vts was quick ran 0-60 in 5.9 sec and 1/4 mile in 14.5 sec but was no were near 180bhp

Last edited by andywiddss1; 11th March 2009 at 19:11.
andywiddss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 19:59   #47
d4r3n
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): bmw 330ci sport !
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
d4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to behold

big LOL at this thread, its not even possible to run that bhp on standard inlet thats why people buy upgraded cams just to get 150 plus sooo why asnt this thread been locked lol ?
d4r3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 20:01   #48
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4r3n View Post
sooo why asnt this thread been locked lol ?
because its an open debate. Thats why im a moderator and you are not

And btw standard inlet is refering to the inlet manifold/throttle body set up and not the cam
Old 11th March 2009, 20:05   #49
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

andywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud ofandywiddss1 has much to be proud of

dosent need locking maybe it will help a few people that dont understand that u have to spend lots of money and know what u are doing to get anywere near 180bhp
Old 11th March 2009, 20:07   #50
d4r3n
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): bmw 330ci sport !
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
d4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
because its an open debate. Thats why im a moderator and you are not

And btw standard inlet is refering to the inlet manifold/throttle body set up and not the cam

i do no what a inlet is... and i was just saying with you saying people buying catcams and that, there was ment to be a commer and plus after the standard inlet bit sorry grammer is crap.

yes you are the mod and im not lol !

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywiddss1 View Post
dosent need locking maybe it will help a few people that dont understand that u have to spend lots of money and know what u are doing to get anywere near 180bhp
thats a good point didnt think of looking at it in that way
d4r3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 20:09   #51
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

*changes name to saxo120ish*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 20:10   #52
Nij
Yorkshire
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C4 VTR Coupe Porsche 924
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Nij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team member

Saxo180 didnt run at the RR.
The best figure from a N/A Saxo was 162.4BHP (infact from any Saxo), thats with head work, ported and polished throttle body, ph3's and a superchip (we think it was). And without going down forced induction/throttle bodies or piles of dosh I dont think that it is possible to go much further (ie - to 180BHP).

Not my Paxo's progress thread
162.4BHP VTR! Now gone, but not forgotten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouldy87
Your car is like a irritated wasp

Last edited by Nij; 11th March 2009 at 20:13.
Nij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 20:11   #53
Nij
Yorkshire
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C4 VTR Coupe Porsche 924
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Nij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
*changes name to saxo120ish*
might go for Saxo162.4 then lol, actually Nij162.4 sounds better haha

Not my Paxo's progress thread
162.4BHP VTR! Now gone, but not forgotten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouldy87
Your car is like a irritated wasp
Nij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 20:11   #54
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywiddss1 View Post
you rate Motorscope in Northallerton do you Andy?

ads
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 20:12   #55
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

falcus's made 163hp when mapped, i think finns old vts made 165hp aswell, and im sure camp daves was over 160??
never seen any make more than 170hp on standard TB though.
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 20:12   #56
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post

ads
i would go there again, i had my cam timing tweeked there a couple year ago.
Old 11th March 2009, 20:14   #57
andywiddss1
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post

ads
didnt say i rate them mate just went with 106 owners on a rolling road day

think chip wizards rollers are true and bhp in leeds were yorkshire sec had rolling road day on sunday
Old 11th March 2009, 20:16   #58
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

i ran 153 at chipwizards and 150 at motorscope so they both seem to be accurate.
although, iirc there was about 10hp difference in whp between the 2.
Old 11th March 2009, 20:18   #59
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
ive emailed lad now, i dont really know alot about saxos but i want to find out what they have to say.

my cars got over 6 grands worth of recipts for it and on quite a few they claim my car is running 180bhp and on another sheet it says 185bhp. it seriously must be making at least 160bhp with the mods its got id of thought. its pissing me off now some point i shall get it on the rr. ill try and scan all there paperwork up its got a folder full. deffo is not on tbs though.

ill post the pics up of my car in the car thread.
have you got throttle bodies? ya or na?
Old 11th March 2009, 20:19   #60
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

WHP differences usually are more about the calulation people use, unless its MAHAs in which case its if they have calibrated them correctly.