Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 24th August 2010, 15:08   #1
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!
Default New Phone

Yo, need to order a phone within the next hour, really cannot decide which one to get, but ive narrowed it down, so i aint gonna jus do what poeple tell me, i have made a decission for myself.

Mods if you can leave this till theres a decent amount of input before moving it to phone section? pretty please <3

Between:

iPhone3 - you all know the deal with this
Samsung GalaxyS - Up to date Android 2.1 OS with LCDLED type screen, apps n stuff
Blackberry Bold 9700 - BB Pin, buttons rather than touchscreen, but interface seems dated from one i used the other day?

What would you advise, pro n cons. No answers saying "Get iPhone its good n ting"

Thanks much love.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:10   #2
Moke
Saxperience Hardcore!
North Wales Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Work van che.
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Moke is on a distinguished road

Get iPhone, it's good n ting!

Seriously though, I haven't a fucking clue.
Moke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:11   #3
LeeM
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Black Corsa C SRi
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
LeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to behold

ive had blackberry, used andraoid, and have an iphone. iphone wins hands down every time
LeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:11   #4
MunkyBoy
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 1. MK2 Chalked VT'd 1.1 2. MK1 VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
MunkyBoy is on a distinguished road

No to the BB, The Galaxy has a bit of a weird skin ontop of android which makes it not really user friendly.

Is it a 3GS? I mean, that is still a nice phone.. With iOS4 - Are there not other phones you can have? Not thought about the desire to tide you over?
MunkyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:13   #5
LeeM
Saxperience Post Whore

LeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to beholdLeeM is a splendid one to behold

just noticed you want pros and cons. blackberry has next to fuck all apps or games and android is slow in comparison to ios4
Old 24th August 2010, 15:15   #6
MunkyBoy
Established Member

BB:

Pro: Good for email / business use / exchange.
Con: Lack of apps / usability.

Galaxy S:

Pro: Android up and coming, good amount of apps, decent spec phone.
Con: Silly Skin on android, screen is rubbish outside.

iPhone:

Pro: Its an iphone. App store / usability is great.
Con: Now like 2 years old...
Old 24th August 2010, 15:15   #7
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

3Gs. why does it have to be in the next hour??
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:17   #8
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyBoy View Post
No to the BB, The Galaxy has a bit of a weird skin ontop of android which makes it not really user friendly.

Is it a 3GS? I mean, that is still a nice phone.. With iOS4 - Are there not other phones you can have? Not thought about the desire to tide you over?
Desire uses Android too dont it? Was thinking the Galaxy as it seemed the most up to date with 2.1 Android. And decent cpu etcc

Yeh 3gS, iOS4 stable on the iP3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM View Post
just noticed you want pros and cons. blackberry has next to fuck all apps or games and android is slow in comparison to ios4
Cant afford the iP4 so iP3 with iOS4 is still quicker? If what i said is correct lol, not clued up on iPhones.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:20   #9
MunkyBoy
Established Member

iP3 runs nice with iOS4, multitasking is still fine.

Desire runs android with HTC's sense running on top of it. Its better than the TouchWiz from Samsung...

Spec wise, they are pretty much equal, just depends what you want as usability. I much prefer the desire to the galaxy S.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:21   #10
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
BB:

Pro: Good for email / business use / exchange.
Con: Lack of apps / usability.

Galaxy S:

Pro: Android up and coming, good amount of apps, decent spec phone.
Con: Silly Skin on android, screen is rubbish outside.

iPhone:

Pro: Its an iphone. App store / usability is great.
Con: Now like 2 years old...
Good input there thanks mate.

Galaxy is my choice atm i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
3Gs. why does it have to be in the next hour??
Couse ive looked into it all day, and cant findany factors of either of them to sway me. Obv there is deciding factors, but theyre meaningless to me.

Ive got the 5800 atm, so lack of apps etc wont be missed by me as im not used to them anyway

+ im going out after an hour...
Old 24th August 2010, 15:21   #11
Robin91
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): EK9 Civic Type-R
Robin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant future

I've got the 9700 bold.. got it when it first came out. BB messenger is good if you know a lot of people with it, but that's about the only good thing the phone really has over others. Otherwise it's nothing special, pretty boring phone, can't get the quality and range of apps you get with the iphone for example.
Robin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:24   #12
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
iP3 runs nice with iOS4, multitasking is still fine.

Desire runs android with HTC's sense running on top of it. Its better than the TouchWiz from Samsung...

Spec wise, they are pretty much equal, just depends what you want as usability. I much prefer the desire to the galaxy S.
Thanks again for your knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91 View Post
I've got the 9700 bold.. got it when it first came out. BB messenger is good if you know a lot of people with it, but that's about the only good thing the phone really has over others. Otherwise it's nothing special, pretty boring phone, can't get the quality and range of apps you get with the iphone for example.
Yeh BB is just an oldskool ring and text phone aint it with the internet side of things.

I always see mate n poeple on facebook asking for BB pins, but also alot saying "lost all my pins, need them all again" which dosent give me much confidence lol
Old 24th August 2010, 15:25   #13
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Why rush it... Just take your time. It took me long enough to get my iP4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:25   #14
Robin91
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): EK9 Civic Type-R
Robin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
Yeh BB is just an oldskool ring and text phone aint it with the internet side of things.

I always see mate n poeple on facebook asking for BB pins, but also alot saying "lost all my pins, need them all again" which dosent give me much confidence lol
Yeah a lot of people seem to have problems with them.. I've never had one myself *touch wood*. Mind you, I guess you get a lot of people having problems with iPhones too.

But yeah, unless you think it's worth BB messenger, I'd have the iPhone instead. Can't comment on the samsung as I've never used one.
Robin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:28   #15
LeeM
Saxperience Post Whore

bb messenger is shit with the pins and stuff, whatsapp is where its at and that covers both iphones and bb's.
3gs is what i have, running ios4 and it runs about as fast as an iphone 4
Old 24th August 2010, 15:30   #16
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Why rush it... Just take your time. It took me long enough to get my iP4
I kno, thats what id tell someone else if they made this thread. Going to have the phone for 18/24 months so no point rushing the decission.

Also cba to be using this:

Old 24th August 2010, 15:34   #17
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91 View Post
Yeah a lot of people seem to have problems with them.. I've never had one myself *touch wood*. Mind you, I guess you get a lot of people having problems with iPhones too.

But yeah, unless you think it's worth BB messenger, I'd have the iPhone instead. Can't comment on the samsung as I've never used one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM View Post
bb messenger is shit with the pins and stuff, whatsapp is where its at and that covers both iphones and bb's.
3gs is what i have, running ios4 and it runs about as fast as an iphone 4
I just cant see myself taking advantage of all these apps you get. I guess i cant comment as i havnt had experience of them before, so if i did get one i wouldnt be able to live without them.

Thats why id sway towards the galaxy, its got the sexy arse mofo screen, and got apps aswell but not as in depth as the iphone which wouldnt bother me...right?

BB i like becouse its got buttons and the BB pin, but then why have bb pin if ive got text and thats extra on a contract and the limit of apps if i did want them, its like staying stuck in time.

iPhone contracts aint the best, and seems like alot of effort with jailbreaking and all the fancy shiznit?
Old 24th August 2010, 15:41   #18
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

My cousins BF has the galaxy, i played on it the other night, wouldnt say there is much between that and the iPhone.. Just doesnt get as many aps, but doesnt cost as much either..

Id go for that if i was you buddy, its like a slightly scaled back version of the iphone

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:45   #19
MintedSaxo
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MintedSaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMintedSaxo has a spectacular aura about

get a palm pre!
MintedSaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 15:47   #20
Jamb0