Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 19th February 2011, 12:39   #21
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulch View Post
Hmmmm shall I hold off?
It probably won't be a new design just the iphone 4 with a better processor

iphone 4s
Old 19th February 2011, 13:23   #22
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

Iphone 5 (if it exists) will just be a small upgrade form the 4, better processor and more memory probably

Apple are not going to release a whole new design with a massive spec 12 months after the iphone 4 imo
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 18:51   #23
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

is everyone forgetting this is apple we are talking about? They have no reason not to release a total redesign, they have been doing it forever with their products from ipods through to the mac workstation thingys.

If Apple want to maintain their market position they need to release two products this year:

Ipad 2. Hp TouchPad, a whole mountain of Andriod 3.0 tablets and Windows tablets will be out this summer.
Iphone 5. Again whole host of competitor products loaded with latest webOS or Andriod 3.0 are properly going to take bites out of the market if Apple do not keep up the pace.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 19:51   #24
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

although scott, i dont see the need for a remodelled IP5. As the fanboys/people who just want to spend their life playing angry birds will buy it no matter how shit it is in relation to the rest
Old 19th February 2011, 20:48   #25
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

I agree, I didn't see the need for the redesign from 3GS to iphone4, however after it was done we all probably would say it was an excellent upgrade.

I just can't see apple sitting on their bums on this one and hoping they will see it through

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 23:25   #26
williamanderson31
Frequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Renault Megane 1.9Dci
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
williamanderson31 is on a distinguished road

i dunno about the IP5 but alright the iphone looks nice, but i wouldnt say its anywhere near the best phone on the market - they release a new phone each year with a tiny bit more - like the IP4 features were camera flash and video call - these have been around for ages
I would get an HTC or i quite like the nokia e72 - i know not everyone will agree but just my thoughts on them
Old 19th February 2011, 23:39   #27
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

I would be shocked if Apple didn't bring out a new iPhone this year and not just the white 4, it just wouldn't sell enough to make it worth while.

Like this from Engadget suggests that apple are occupying close to 60% of the global touch panel production capacity. They wont be taking up that many touch screens if they wont be using them any time soon.

But if they do bring out the iPhone 5 it wont be much more than the 4. Most rumors suggest it will run the new A5 Processor instead of the A4. It will likely have some more memory, an improved battery, possibly slightly higher res cameras. Some people think apple will remove the home button after gesture controls were found in the latest version of iOS and use a bigger screen but personally I think thats very unlikely.

Im hoping for the iPhone 5 and iPad 2 to take with me when I go to uni in September this year.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 07:09   #28
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Newer released like 2.2 and 2.3 run incredibly smooth, especially on the newer phones coming out such as the lg's.

iPhone 5 will have to be great to keep me from changing from apple to a android ( probably htc ).
Is that froyo? if it is thats what im refering to. Just felt "laggy" and slow compared to the iphone to me

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 07:16   #29
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker556 View Post
It probably won't be a new design just the iphone 4 with a better processor

iphone 4s
Im with you there mate. I reckon it will be a similar upgrade to the 3g -> 3gs. They really should put the software in to run flash player as well!

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
Old 20th February 2011, 08:49   #30
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
Is that froyo? if it is thats what im refering to. Just felt "laggy" and slow compared to the iphone to me
yeah 2.2 is froyo.

and wierd, probably differs from phone to phone any way. android is alot better then it used to be atleast, used to be very buggy!
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 11:01   #31
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
yeah 2.2 is froyo.

and wierd, probably differs from phone to phone any way. android is alot better then it used to be atleast, used to be very buggy!
HTC desire, desireHD, wildfire and the samsung, all the same, just a slight delay on the software which is annoying, even on the most up to date software.

Old 20th February 2011, 11:19   #32
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Fair enough, cant say i experienced it with the galaxy s but each to their own.

prefer the software on my iphone any way, though i am tempted by the lg optimus 2x (assuming it comes to uk), very fast phone, no lag at all, makes the iphone look laggy tbh .
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 22:37   #33
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

I do agree with the general opinion that apple really need to up there game with the new iphone, if they want to retain there market share, they are starting to lag behind on certain things and if they dont improve things they will find alot of people will go for the andoid as its cheaper and basically the same quality of phone.