Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Closed Thread

Old 12th March 2011, 16:24   #41
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): bodied VTR
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
-shuggles- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Garbage. Companies will produce anything that customers want to buy. Even if it something silly like lowering. And you put 'roll cages' in em, what WTF is that all about? You are more likely to bang your head in a roll if a cage is installed, than if the roof absorbs some of the energy.

No Ive not seen him but I would have him on any real road with bumps and turns.
padded roll cages can save you'r life there is plenty of evidence for it, they make your chassis alot stiffer when cornering hard to reduce chassis twist when running grippy tyres and good suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo-Vtr View Post
I love shugs 8 valve of terror... I wish I had throttle bodies
Old 12th March 2011, 17:13   #42
SAXO8VYO
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo furio - X312HBK Peugeot 206GTI -J44KBX
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
SAXO8VYO is on a distinguished road

so this lads running a standard 1.4 saxo but the thing is a 1.4 saxo thats standard may is be a furio/westcoast/sx or whatever it will not do a 0-60mph sprint in 8 seconds , as 1 a 0-60 in 8seconds is gti/vts times and they have 45bhp more standard it will not happen mate , theres no point bigging your car up saying it can do this when it cannot and its not possible to do a 0-60mph in 8 seconds in a standard 1.4 litre saxo , my saxo furio is a 1.4 like yours i have a cat back system and a filter with cold air feed and my engine is very healthy serviced regulary and i can only do 0-60 in say around 10 seconds and my furio will only do 54mph in second gear thats not clocked by a speedo thats by a sat nav and my clocks are the newer type and when i am doing 60mph looking at my speedo on the tomtom it says im doing 56mph so realisticly
you have failed as everything you have said is not true
Old 12th March 2011, 17:47   #43
Railroader
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.4i sx
Railroader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shuggles- View Post
padded roll cages can save you'r life there is plenty of evidence for it, they make your chassis alot stiffer when cornering hard to reduce chassis twist when running grippy tyres and good suspension
More rubbish, most people go through their whole lives without rolling their car, although it is always teenagers that do. The chassis is stiff enough already, a 106 or Saxo is more likely to lift a rear wheel with a roll cage installed because it is heavy and raises the centre of gravity, the weight also hinders performance.
Old 12th March 2011, 17:56   #44
Railroader
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.4i sx
Railroader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAXO8VYO View Post
so this lads running a standard 1.4 saxo but the thing is a 1.4 saxo thats standard may is be a furio/westcoast/sx or whatever it will not do a 0-60mph sprint in 8 seconds , as 1 a 0-60 in 8seconds is gti/vts times and they have 45bhp more standard it will not happen mate , theres no point bigging your car up saying it can do this when it cannot and its not possible to do a 0-60mph in 8 seconds in a standard 1.4 litre saxo , my saxo furio is a 1.4 like yours i have a cat back system and a filter with cold air feed and my engine is very healthy serviced regulary and i can only do 0-60 in say around 10 seconds and my furio will only do 54mph in second gear thats not clocked by a speedo thats by a sat nav and my clocks are the newer type and when i am doing 60mph looking at my speedo on the tomtom it says im doing 56mph so realisticly
you have failed as everything you have said is not true
Of course it is true I wouldnt have put it up otherwise. I have already stated that induction kits are useless, Ive never tried a cat back but there was a noticeable difference in pull when a more expensive back box was fitted, and recently again with a quality downpipe [walker]. My head might be an xsi one but it was always rorty before that. It spins the passenger wheel even in the dry. Thats why Ive kept it so long, cheap to run too,

Ive driven several VTR's and a couple of 106 GTi's and there is no difference until you get over 90 or so. I didnt bother buying a 106 gti last year because it was no faster but noiser and harsher riding

I will check the speedo with a satnav but it agrees with most of those roadside speed display boards and my huge experience tells me its not far out

Last edited by Railroader; 12th March 2011 at 18:05.
Old 12th March 2011, 18:18   #45
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum

-roll cages do help handling, the safety factor is massive too
- after market exhaust do help if they are a decent brand such a supersprint,btb ect
- one last thing... you clearly don't know fuck all and when you'r going on like this you wont be very liked on this forum either

Quote:
Old 12th March 2011, 18:30   #46
stendog
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Rubbish, there wont be much speedo error at 60mph, even if its a two mph difference we are only talking about [2/60]*8= 0.26 of a second. And don't forget that this was the very first attempt. Undoubtedly I could get it lower with practise.You are one of those who believe what they want to even if the evidence is presented in front of them.
think you need to practice your spelling aswell as your counting, you must be dreaming
The Following User Says Thank You to stendog For This Useful Post:
Old 12th March 2011, 19:03   #47
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stendog View Post
think you need to practice your spelling aswell as your counting, you must be dreaming
This is why this guy is pi**ing so many people off (RR) I mean his sarcastic comments he asks questions then thinks he knows all the answers.

Steve.
Old 12th March 2011, 19:59   #48
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

i'm no teenager (41) and have been upside down in plenty of motors in my life,its part of the risk of 4x4 winch challenges and comp safari/hillrallies, and theres no doubt that rolling 4 times down a bank in Seven Sisters when a brake caliper mount sheared,leaving me in Builth Wells Hospital for 4 days wouldn't have been survivable without a roll-cage lol
Old 12th March 2011, 20:01   #49
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyslover70 View Post
i'm no teenager (41) and have been upside down in plenty of motors in my life,its part of the risk of 4x4 winch challenges and comp safari/hillrallies, and theres no doubt that rolling 4 times down a bank in Seven Sisters when a brake caliper mount sheared,leaving me in Builth Wells Hospital for 4 days wouldn't have been survivable without a roll-cage lol
nah rubbish they don't have any benifits

Quote:
Old 12th March 2011, 20:04   #50
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shuggles- View Post
nah rubbish they don't have any benifits
no,just means i'm still here to read failroaders drivel and opinionated expert nonsense,maybe as he's such a skilled inventor for leading motor manufacturers he can invent a self righting anti gravity comp safari truck and then cages wouldn't be needed
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saxo-parts For This Useful Post:
Old 12th March 2011, 20:18   #51
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
and all this from a man who slates Saxo owners for lowering their cars etc and asks for a manifold he can't even spell correctly, its RALLYE, Failroader
ive used all my thanks mate, nearly spat my beer allover the laptop there

why are you fitting a rallye inlet if saxo owners on this site cant utilise the mods of their cars? have you seen some of the cars/drivers on here? i bet alot of them would have something to say about that statement

your car cannot do what your claiming! yes your phone may be accurate the point of being 100% perfect, but the sad fact of life IS your speedo and timing methods arent, why would road testers spend tens of thousands on accurate timing equiptment when all they need is a phone

get a grip and stop griefing ppl for bursting your bubble, shuggles is clearly stating facts, and the biggest fact of the day is..... roll cages save lives. ppl who drive saxos fast need them, as sadly the roof will absorb the impact, a little bit of it........... untill it flattens you into your seat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackie_2k5 For This Useful Post:
Old 12th March 2011, 20:25   #52
tillygti6
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 106 ph1 rallye 106 gti 106 hybrid thing GTI~6
tillygti6 is on a distinguished road

my cages have saved my life on numerous occasions, sadly railroader your are deluded. im not the sort of person who would normally say much, but all your comments have been utter sh1te.
Old 12th March 2011, 21:05   #53
Meto
Established Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Meto is on a distinguished road

Getting your arse handed to you Railroader??

I actually think you are a troll, but you are doing it in such a way that draws minimum attention to yourself, credit to you for that.

As for the video, I think you are going downhill, purely based on when you change gear, ie when you are not accelerating, the speedo still seems to be rising.
Old 12th March 2011, 21:57   #54
Gareth_R
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen AX VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gareth_R is on a distinguished road

Saxo clocks are generally at least 10% out and I've gone through enough sets

My car will do a properly timed 0-60 in 6.47 seconds. It weighs less than your pony furio, has 140 bhp and runs a higher rev limit. In what world do you think yours can do it in 8 seconds. Try 10. If I happen to come across you on a track I will dick all over your furio and prove it. And yes I've watched the shit video, it's 10 seconds long ad the acceleration starts before you even hit 1, you would need to get to about 66 or 7 on the clocks to be doing a proper 60 so add another second

BOOM 10.5 seconds, pretty much as the factory
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gareth_R For This Useful Post:
Old 12th March 2011, 22:38   #55
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

Having owned two saxos and a 106, in my experience the clocks are almost always out.
Mine have been out 4-7mph.

In my current 106, the clocks are out by about 5mph and thats going by the satnav and I doubt that it bang on to be honest.

Having seen the video, it does look like about 8 seconds but if you take into account the inaccuracies of both the Saxo clocks and the timings on the device you measured it on, I would say its more like 9 seconds.

At the end of the day, you own a 1.4 Saxo
It's hardly cool to be bragging about the 0-60 times, who gives a shit
Oh, my cock is bigger than yours btw....I measured it and it is definitely 25 inches!
Old 13th March 2011, 00:42   #56
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
no,just means i'm still here to read failroaders drivel and opinionated expert nonsense,maybe as he's such a skilled inventor for leading motor manufacturers he can invent a self righting anti gravity comp safari truck and then cages wouldn't be needed

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
ive used all my thanks mate, nearly spat my beer allover the laptop there

why are you fitting a rallye inlet if saxo owners on this site cant utilise the mods of their cars? have you seen some of the cars/drivers on here? i bet alot of them would have something to say about that statement

your car cannot do what your claiming! yes your phone may be accurate the point of being 100% perfect, but the sad fact of life IS your speedo and timing methods arent, why would road testers spend tens of thousands on accurate timing equiptment when all they need is a phone

get a grip and stop griefing ppl for bursting your bubble, shuggles is clearly stating facts, and the biggest fact of the day is..... roll cages save lives. ppl who drive saxos fast need them, as sadly the roof will absorb the impact, a little bit of it........... untill it flattens you into your seat
yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillygti6 View Post
my cages have saved my life on numerous occasions, sadly railroader your are deluded. im not the sort of person who would normally say much, but all your comments have been utter sh1te.
yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meto View Post
Getting your arse handed to you Railroader??

I actually think you are a troll, but you are doing it in such a way that draws minimum attention to yourself, credit to you for that.

As for the video, I think you are going downhill, purely based on when you change gear, ie when you are not accelerating, the speedo still seems to be rising.
yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth_R View Post
Saxo clocks are generally at least 10% out and I've gone through enough sets

My car will do a properly timed 0-60 in 6.47 seconds. It weighs less than your pony furio, has 140 bhp and runs a higher rev limit. In what world do you think yours can do it in 8 seconds. Try 10. If I happen to come across you on a track I will dick all over your furio and prove it. And yes I've watched the shit video, it's 10 seconds long ad the acceleration starts before you even hit 1, you would need to get to about 66 or 7 on the clocks to be doing a proper 60 so add another second

BOOM 10.5 seconds, pretty much as the factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
Having owned two saxos and a 106, in my experience the clocks are almost always out.
Mine have been out 4-7mph.

In my current 106, the clocks are out by about 5mph and thats going by the satnav and I doubt that it bang on to be honest.

Having seen the video, it does look like about 8 seconds but if you take into account the inaccuracies of both the Saxo clocks and the timings on the device you measured it on, I would say its more like 9 seconds.

At the end of the day, you own a 1.4 Saxo
It's hardly cool to be bragging about the 0-60 times, who gives a shit
Oh, my cock is bigger than yours btw....I measured it and it is definitely 25 inches!

yes!

Thanks guys! clearly my post count is not good enough for him

failroader you drive a 1.4 8valve........... get over it

Quote:
Old 13th March 2011, 00:44   #57
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

and iirc its a 1.4sx not even furio/westy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
Old 13th March 2011, 01:01   #58
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
and iirc its a 1.4sx not even furio/westy
60ish bhp? I am sure I have seen gypsys with more pony's?

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to -shuggles- For This Useful Post:
Old 13th March 2011, 01:23   #59
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

lmao at this thread yet another fail for failroader.
Old 13th March 2011, 01:35   #60
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedford126 View Post
lmao at this thread yet another fail for failroader.
maybe a change of name should be requested

Quote:
Closed Thread