Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 25th May 2011, 14:43   #21
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
believe me, stats wise, it isnt the best. theres a new Samsung and HTC which has specs that are unreal. i wouldnt buy them for shit, id get the iphone for its design and simplicity, but still, the other phones are faster/quicker and more accessibility ect.
There are tvs that have far better specs on paper than my 50" Pioneer plasma but I guarantee none will come even close to it in terms of build quality, picture quality, sound quality and usability. Trust me the iPhone will never be beaten
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.

Last edited by craig180; 26th May 2011 at 08:59. Reason: iPhone auto correct fail!
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 14:56   #22
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 10 (92%)
Delboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
I would bet money on even the day that the iphone 5 comes out, there will be a better specced android phone available. Whether or not this will equal a better user experience is debatable.
+ this

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
There are tvs that have far better specs on paper than my 50" Pioneer plasma but I guarantee none will come even close to it in terms of build quality, picture quality, sound quality and usability. Test me the iPhone will never be beaten
like above mate, i would still choose the iphone for the user friendly interface and i love the programming over anything, im an Apple person! yet on paper, some HTC's and Samsungs are better, the new HTC 3D phone is meant to be insane, and theres a new samsung coming out thats meant to be a world record breaker for speed ect, so technically theyre better..

but id still choose the iphone!
Old 25th May 2011, 15:47   #23
makaveli144
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo GT
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
makaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant futuremakaveli144 has a brilliant future

Statistically people with Android phones earn more than those with iphones.
makaveli144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 17:05   #24
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Useless fact.

I will always have an iPhone, going from Apple to HTC, Samsung, Blackberry etc would feel like a step backwards, a big one.

And that says it all really. The iPhone is user-friendly, simplistic, stylish, powerful, reliable and very entertaining.

But it does miss things like;

Adobe Flash Player
More customisation options
Better camera
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 21:50   #25
bfc2dabone
Frequent Poster

Car(s): saxo mrk2 vtr, v reg (90bhp), citroen relay tipper
bfc2dabone is on a distinguished road

I heard a rumour that apple will be bring out a iphone 4gs before the iphone 5
bfc2dabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 22:52   #26
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
+ this

like above mate, i would still choose the iphone for the user friendly interface and i love the programming over anything, im an Apple person! yet on paper, some HTC's and Samsungs are better, the new HTC 3D phone is meant to be insane, and theres a new samsung coming out thats meant to be a world record breaker for speed ect, so technically theyre better..

but id still choose the iphone!

A 3D phone will be shit, just like the 3DS by nintendo.. you have to be looking straight at it, and still its nothing all that amazing.. Fair play, its a step forward in tech, but its nothing all that special to experience, you cant show a friend anything, like a youtube clip or anything, because only one of you will get the 3D..

Waste of time and money.

iPhone may be out out spec'd, but it still wont be beaten on userbility, and the things it can do.. a jailbreak makes an iphone like nothing else on the market.. Other phones just up the cameras and shit to make it seem all that much better...

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 23:44   #27
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
A 3D phone will be shit, just like the 3DS by nintendo.. you have to be looking straight at it, and still its nothing all that amazing.. Fair play, its a step forward in tech, but its nothing all that special to experience, you cant show a friend anything, like a youtube clip or anything, because only one of you will get the 3D..

Waste of time and money.

iPhone may be out out spec'd, but it still wont be beaten on userbility, and the things it can do.. a jailbreak makes an iphone like nothing else on the market.. Other phones just up the cameras and shit to make it seem all that much better...
have you seen the new 3D phone at all or are you just guessing? with 2 5megapixel cameras on the back making it 10megapixel HD quality in 3D? no need for Glasses. it has band width to use all over the world and has the capability to connect to multiple masts to grab the best signal for mobile data on the move. let alone the INSANE multitasking and street view in HD quality as a little free perk, something iphone can never do.

i wouldnt buy it, like said before id still get the iphone for all its other uses as i love it for design and general user friendly interface, but there are VERY high spec phones out there.
Old 25th May 2011, 23:51   #28
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

You can do street view on the iphone lol, how did ya not know this, so useful!

Having the 2 cameras wont make it 10mp either, they will just be used to create 3d video. (either way full HD video is always 1920x1080 pixels.)
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 23:55   #29
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
You can do street view on the iphone lol, how did ya not know this, so useful!

Having the 2 cameras wont make it 10mp either, they will just be used to create 3d video. (either way full HD video is always 1920x1080 pixels.)
not with a free app/or something already provided with the phone, and iirc its not the official google street view, as i tried it in training last week, asked an apple manager him self and he said no lol

and i thought the same, but believe me its 10megapixel, as the 2 camera's cross verge over eachother, which doubles the amount of pixels in 1 area ect making it 10megp altogether...believe me i tried debating that it wasnt and got proved very wrong lol
Old 26th May 2011, 00:22   #30
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
not with a free app/or something already provided with the phone, and iirc its not the official google street view, as i tried it in training last week, asked an apple manager him self and he said no lol

and i thought the same, but believe me its 10megapixel, as the 2 camera's cross verge over eachother, which doubles the amount of pixels in 1 area ect making it 10megp altogether...believe me i tried debating that it wasnt and got proved very wrong lol
You can do it with the built in maps app lol, you just hold your finger on a spot, once it has dropped a pin click on the little man... I just compared pictures on street view in chrome and its exactly the same pictures. Seems the apple manager didnt know shit lol.

We will have to agree to disagree about the camera thing...
Old 26th May 2011, 00:24   #31
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
You can do it with the built in maps app lol, you just hold your finger on a spot, once it has dropped a pin click on the little man... I just compared pictures on street view in chrome and its exactly the same pictures.

We will have to agree to disagree about the camera thing...
mate i was sat in iphone training last week for about 4 hours trying to do that! lol...fair play if you can, just me who cant then

when it comes out it'll probably be bullshit lol, its only stats
Old 26th May 2011, 00:46   #32
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
mate i was sat in iphone training last week for about 4 hours trying to do that! lol...fair play if you can, just me who cant then

when it comes out it'll probably be bullshit lol, its only stats
You have an iphone, do it now, guarentee it will work lol.

Just had a look, seems it will "stitch" the two photos together, cant see it being great quality though
Old 26th May 2011, 17:37   #33
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
You have an iphone, do it now, guarentee it will work lol.

Just had a look, seems it will "stitch" the two photos together, cant see it being great quality though
if i had an iPhone i would have done lol

can only wait and see ey!
Old 26th May 2011, 18:48   #34
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

My bad, thought you had one. What ya got?
Old 26th May 2011, 20:10   #35
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
My bad, thought you had one. What ya got?
Blackberry 9700 still, got it back when it came out, contract ends this month or next! getting either the new HTC HD phone coming out, possibly the iphone 5 when i get to go on some at work!
Old 26th May 2011, 20:19   #36
vts-dave
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 106 gti
vts-dave is on a distinguished road

lol didnt realise iphone had street view! just done it just now and works for me
vts-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 20:21   #37
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Yeah dude, I didn't know for ages until I was randomly messing around with the apps.
Old 26th May 2011, 21:09   #38
A_Whit
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): citroen c2 vts
A_Whit is on a distinguished road

stats mean nothing really, who cares if a fone loads an internet page or an app 0.5 of a second faster than the next phone? its all about simplicity, user friendliness, etc like stated above, this is why iphones are 100 x better than blackberrys, their text is so much easier to read and theres no fafing around with the middle button. people may move from an iphone to a blackberry or HTC but 99% of the time will regret it
A_Whit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 22:13   #39
Delboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Whit View Post
stats mean nothing really, who cares if a fone loads an internet page or an app 0.5 of a second faster than the next phone? its all about simplicity, user friendliness, etc like stated above, this is why iphones are 100 x better than blackberrys, their text is so much easier to read and theres no fafing around with the middle button. people may move from an iphone to a blackberry or HTC but 99% of the time will regret it
nah your right, stats do mean nothing, suppose thats why they have stats, because they mean nothing at all, makes sense really.

iphone's are so good it means EVERY other phone is shit, only iphones can do everything right.
Old 27th May 2011, 14:30   #40
CEdwards
Established Member

Car(s): Golf mk7
CEdwards is on a distinguished road

whens the 5 coming out?