Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 4th July 2011, 13:49   #1
9Freedman9
Established Member
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
9Freedman9 is on a distinguished road
Default Best iPhone Contract?

I know this isn't in the Mobile forums but I guessed it would get more attention here.

I have seen a few iPhone deals around the £30 mark, this is for the 8GB iPhone 3, I basically want around the 3-600 minute mark, with unlimited texts and a good wedge of internet, not nothing major.

Aslong as it's free for the phone, i'm not too fussed about network, Vodafone have said if I find a deal they could pretty much match it, so the challenge is on!
9Freedman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 13:52   #2
Morgzc
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 92 Mx5
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Morgzc is on a distinguished road

Try 3, not sure on what the £30 package.I'm pating £35 and I get unlimited data, 2000 minutes, 5000 texts. Had to pay £60 for the 16gb iPhone 4.
Think of it this way... they think you're going to drive like a cock because you drive a saxo, so you might as well.
Morgzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 20:30   #3
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Dont get a 3GS, you will regret it in 12 months time when it become slow and will stop receiving updates.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 23:13   #4
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
Dont get a 3GS, you will regret it in 12 months time when it become slow and will stop receiving updates.
Must just be yours, mine was fine till i lost it at the weekend..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 00:50   #5
Brenz
Regular Poster

I bought a 3G about halfway between the release of the 3GS and the 4. I gave up using it a few months ago as it became unuseable and taking about 3 mins just to get to my contacts to make a phone call. I could type a whole text before any of it would appear on the phone then it would all come up in one a few mins later.

Now the 3GS is in the same position, a few months away before being discontinued and recieving the last major OS upgrade before that finishes in a years time.
Old 5th July 2011, 04:23   #6
beastgtir
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Soon to be another Honda!
beastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to allbeastgtir is a name known to all

just hold on for a few months, as the 5 will be out.

i got my iphone 4 september last year.
16GB - Black - £230 for the phone.
Tariff: £35 a month. 1 year contract only though!
1GB internet - WiFi/BTOpenzone unlimited - 750 mins anytime/any network - Unltd texts free.. With TESCO (use 02 network)

Everyone i know with a iphone 3GS/4 is on 18-24 months!

This was last september, so possibly less for the phone now!
beastgtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 15:48   #7
9Freedman9
Established Member
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
9Freedman9 is on a distinguished road

There isn't actually a release date for the five, I ended up getting a 4 on a 24 month deal, 900 minutes, unlimited texts, 750mb of Internet, free case and two months free insurance, which covers everything, the phone was also free and I pay £32 a month.

Also in three months time I can add my girlfriend on the same plan as me and it'll reduce my plan by £5 per month, which I think is very reasonable.
9Freedman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 18:21   #8
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I bought a 3G about halfway between the release of the 3GS and the 4. I gave up using it a few months ago as it became unuseable and taking about 3 mins just to get to my contacts to make a phone call. I could type a whole text before any of it would appear on the phone then it would all come up in one a few mins later.

Now the 3GS is in the same position, a few months away before being discontinued and recieving the last major OS upgrade before that finishes in a years time.
the 3GS is going to be able to go to iOS5.. so clearly they are not forgetting it are they.. Otherwise the wouldnt make it compatable..

Old 5th July 2011, 19:25   #9
Brenz
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
the 3GS is going to be able to go to iOS5.. so clearly they are not forgetting it are they.. Otherwise the wouldnt make it compatable..
The 3G got a limited version of iOS4 and updates stopped a few months ago, the 3GS is getting a limited version of iOS5 so in a years time when they announce iOS6 the 3GS will be forgotten.
Old 5th July 2011, 19:30   #10
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

phones4u were doing an iphone 4 16gb with NO handset fee for £35 a month for 600 mins / 3000 texts and 500mb on vodafone i think. not sure if they are still doing it now or not.

ah here you go - looks like it is still on (they have the same deal for orange / vodafone)
http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_...allbanner_DOTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 18:38   #11
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
The 3G got a limited version of iOS4 and updates stopped a few months ago, the 3GS is getting a limited version of iOS5 so in a years time when they announce iOS6 the 3GS will be forgotten.
Ah well, maybe so, i dont mind anyway, i run my 3GS jailbroken, so im not too fussed about updates, since most of them arnt major, and dont really do alot