Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 17th July 2006, 23:06   #1
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!
Default Swimming

One of the best forms of exercise, but how long are you ment to do it for? i mean i hardly think 10lengths of a 20m pool is enough, but just wondering what would be a good work out? how many metres or minutes in the pool?
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2006, 23:15   #2
dannsax
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): citroen saxo 1.1i
dannsax is on a distinguished road

set yourself a target of say 20 laps . then each time you go again , try and beat the previous time by 6 / 8 laps . or simply try for the most laps in a certain a mount of time .
dannsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2006, 23:28   #3
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

i always do that, like start with twney next time go for 25, but when i get to 40 i cant b arsed doin any more lol
Old 17th July 2006, 23:36   #4
liamk15
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Type-r
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yate5y
One of the best forms of exercise, but how long are you ment to do it for? i mean i hardly think 10lengths of a 20m pool is enough, but just wondering what would be a good work out? how many metres or minutes in the pool?

its going to be different for everyone,so id say if your proper fooked after your session ,then job done.:Y:
liamk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 09:45   #5
S34MER
East Midlands
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Fabia VRS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise as it promotes strength, stamina and mobility, and improves cardiovascular fitness. To make the most of your swimming workout, try varying your strokes. To get the best results possible, ensure that you swim intensely and get your heart rate up.

Turbo Diesel is where the future lies

Bow to the VRS
S34MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 16:41   #6
ChrisJ
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo furio
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
ChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to behold

I do a lot of swimming, a mile once a week. (64 lengths of a 25m pool i think). I time myself, and then try to beat it next time.
Old 22nd July 2006, 19:16   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

if you really want to progress with swimming routines you can intorduce a farklek type style into the swim.

so for instance do 5 laps at a steady pace. then 2 fast laps, then 1 lap slow to recover, then back up to 1 fast, then 5 steady etc....

intervals can be brought in as this will use diff systems.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 19:21   #8
Imfromwales
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo SX 1.1
Imfromwales has a spectacular aura aboutImfromwales has a spectacular aura aboutImfromwales has a spectacular aura about

did you do pe for gcse or alevel? seems you know a bit about it lol.....
im doing pe for alevel and did it for gcse it sounds like you did it for gcse......
Imfromwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 19:47   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

i compete internationally at athletics.
Old 22nd July 2006, 22:03   #10
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

ah your the guy from ssc!

cheers for the help
Old 23rd July 2006, 12:51   #11
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

lol yes the resident ssc athlete (currently trying to recover from injury tho)

no worries, my advice i allways keep fairly simple as there is no need to go into lots of detail with alot of it, but the basics are easy to help you on your way.

the main thing with anything is make sure you enjoy it!
Old 23rd July 2006, 14:03   #12
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Just remind me, how many pairs of trainers do you have and how many pairs of glasses?!

Serious question tho, im going in navy, i do alot of fitness, but i want to start road running, what trainers do i get? Obv money doesnt matter as i need a decent pair as i will need them also for 2 months hard training, been told asics trainers are the best to go for. the ones ive seen range from 80-140 quid. Im not one to think ah they are the most expensive they must be the best, as im thinking certain trainers may be for different training...

so any help on that would be great mate cheers
Old 23rd July 2006, 14:10   #13
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Try doing half an hour and vary things a little, i tend to just try doing 5 lengths front crawl, 2 lengths breast stroke as recovery then 5 lengths back stroke and back to 2 breast stroke. Seems to work ok

Itsafastworld, what event/s do you compete in??? I used to be pretty good at athletics.
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2006, 14:20   #14
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

400m hurdles.. currently ranked top 20 in europe last time someone told me. run 50.12 seconds (WILL BE ALOT FASTER SOON!)

as for the trainers it depends on how you run, your foot placement etc...

go to a good running shop if you have one near for gat anaylsis, and run on the treadmill..
asics are good yes as are the mizuno wave rider series, im a neutral runner and have found these nice to run in.

a good idea is to also buy last seasons style, (the shoe tends to be the same as this year but the colour is diff) and this will save a fair few £££

www.startfitness.co.uk
www.bournesports.com (or co.uk)

companies like this are good to buy from if you know what you want

as for spikes and trainers you cheeky cunt haha!!
Old 23rd July 2006, 14:21   #15
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

also try to not do lots of road running if you can, try and do more work on grass etc... as there will be less chance of impact related stress injurys.
Old 23rd July 2006, 14:35   #16
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Well the bike ride i go on, its 2 miles road, 6 miles grass so il just try and job that!

No decent shops around here like that, cheers for the help, il have a look about for a decent shop, i need some blue trainers so it goes with my shorts n top lol
Old 23rd July 2006, 14:41   #17
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

your as bad as me you style whore

ok well try and just find something suitible then.
dont ever buy running trainers from a normal sports shop they sell so many trainers that are dangerous for running in!!

where are you based, ill try and think of anything i know in that area to help you.

nike pegasus are a good trainer for 60-70 2 btw
Old 23rd July 2006, 15:12   #18
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Im from darlington - North East, Middlesbrough is near so its the metro centre and newcastle...

What about foot locker? i know that they sell 'fashion' trainers but they also sell running trainers as well i think
Old 23rd July 2006, 15:24   #19
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

erm footlocker tbh wont be any good either.

im sure in newcastle you have a few big compaines based there.
Old 23rd July 2006, 15:32   #20
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

there is actually a running shop in Darlington, forgot about it, il have a look there tomorrow

newcastle are bound to have a few places, its just finding them!