Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 18th July 2006, 16:40   #1
babers
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vts
babers is a splendid one to beholdbabers is a splendid one to beholdbabers is a splendid one to beholdbabers is a splendid one to beholdbabers is a splendid one to beholdbabers is a splendid one to beholdbabers is a splendid one to behold
Post what should i use to wash & polish flip paint

what should i use to wash & polish flip paint. does if have to be any different then the stuff you use on normal paint
babers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 16:53   #2
YM03
Established Member

Car(s): vtr mk2, posi blue
YM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to behold

I'd go for meguiars gold class, and get a buffer for taking wax off and buffing it up
YM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 16:55   #3
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

Id advise paint thinner.........lol......

Nah deffo Meguairs....
Old 18th July 2006, 17:21   #4
kcsaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1
kcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team member

flip paint is no different to any other metallic paint, it has a primer, basecoat (the flip paint) and then lacquer (clear coat) is on top. so you will only be polishing the lacquer and not the paint to bring the shine up. just be careful if you are using aggressive paint cutting compounds.
kcsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 18:16   #5
djjoney
Frequent Poster

Car(s): carbon clad nos breathing westcoast
djjoney is on a distinguished road

i've used this shampoo

and this wax

on a mates flip painted saxo and it brings it out nicely :thumbup:
djjoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 20:26   #6
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

I'd have a look at the JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic range. This car care system comprises a good quality shampoo, a basecoat cleaner/sealant, a pure spray sealant and a quick detailer that also adds sealant. What I like most about this range is what it does to metallic and pearlescent flakes - it makes them explode out of the paint when the sun hits it. It will have the same effect on flip paint, in terms of enhancing the colour transition and effect. The range is easy to use by hand or machine, and also gives tremendous durability (up to six months protection from a single application of the basecoat and two coats of the spray sealant). Below is an example of what it does to the flake on my Leon. Seat's Arctic Grey is a very flat silver, with almost no flake. I have tried many, many products on it, but none have enhanced the flake to the same extent as Werkstatt prime and Acrylic Jett Trigger.

Old 20th July 2006, 12:01   #7
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 4th Impreza of the year - 391bhp - Audi S4 Avant,
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Connor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team member

thats a good finish