Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 9th April 2012, 18:32   #61
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mint 106 rallye, Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
joe333 is on a distinguished road

Strip it
4-2-1 mani
supersprint pipe
lighten, balanced flywheel
bmc/ green panel filter!

should be a nice power upgrade!

My new 106 rallye fast road/track Progress Thread!!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=409293
joe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joe333 For This Useful Post:
Old 9th April 2012, 18:39   #62
JoshFurioBrookes
Frequent Poster
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Silver 6n2 Polo
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
JoshFurioBrookes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJDEbon View Post
I think you need to read back in the thread and look at the tips I mentioned, once again these tweaks are making better for what you have and won't add substantial gains but will give the edge on what you've already got.

I think you are another believing I am comparing my minor tuning techniques at low budget and durability to camshafts and remap etc.....

Just looking at your car in a car-park tells it all
Your tweaks are probably easy if your a mechanic. If your not, then I cant see how they are worth doing when there are alternatives providing more power with less effort/cost.

And what is that supposed to mean?
Old 9th April 2012, 18:40   #63
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

None of the noobs tips/advice will increase the power or make it run better in anyway shape or form.

I personally just think he's trollin.

This thread was answered and over by the end of the 14th post.
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 18:43   #64
JoshFurioBrookes
Frequent Poster

Trolls are becoming harder to spot, they seem to use disguises
Old 9th April 2012, 18:45   #65
AJDEbon
Banned

Car(s): Saxo max
AJDEbon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshFurioBrookes View Post
Your tweaks are probably easy if your a mechanic. If your not, then I cant see how they are worth doing when there are alternatives providing more power with less effort/cost.

And what is that supposed to mean?
no need to repeat myself
AJDEbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 18:45   #66
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk1 JP4'd VTR, '16 Fabia Monte Carlo
jeffchiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think you need to read back in the thread and look at the tips I mentioned, once again these tweaks are making better for what you have and won't add substantial gains but will give the edge on what you've already got.

I think you are another believing I am comparing my minor tuning techniques at low budget and durability to camshafts and remap etc.....

Just looking at your car in a car-park tells it all
you think were not listening to you but your not listening to us, we arent saying you're saying that your suggestions are as powerful as cams and bodies but were talking about costs here, we dont work for tuning companies, we dont live on cloud 9 and have the time and resources to rebuild an engine to your high expectations and blueprint an engine to gain a few bhps, we want some fun which means bang for buck and (fitting cams over regrinding valve seats, skimming head, adjusting timing gives us that), your talking to the wrong crowd of people you might be very good at getting an engine to perform its best and little tweeks and some good old engineeering but you keep saying low cost, but nothing what your saying is low cost, your not talking to a race team here

i can tell you are looking down at us thinking were all narrow minded youngsters with our moddified saxos with your 'look at your car in a carpark' statement and that we are naive when it comes to engine tuning, but we live in a completely different world to you

Last edited by jeffchiz; 9th April 2012 at 18:47.
jeffchiz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffchiz For This Useful Post:
Old 9th April 2012, 18:51   #67
JoshFurioBrookes
Frequent Poster

Ahh he was talking about my avatar picture. I take alot of photos in that car park, as the lights in there are bright. Cars look shiny in there. I like shiny things, and I shall still like shiny things when I'm old.
Old 9th April 2012, 18:51   #68
AJDEbon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post
None of the noobs tips/advice will increase the power or make it run better in anyway shape or form.

I personally just think he's trollin.

This thread was answered and over by the end of the 14th post.
People do like to hear alternative options rather than the usual "Cams and Remap", which half of all saxperience threads are based on. Taking a different view on things and seeking alternative options isn't wrong which you seem to think. If our thinking was left on your shoulders we wouldn't evolve, simple.
Old 9th April 2012, 19:01   #69
AJDEbon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchiz View Post
you think were not listening to you but your not listening to us, we arent saying you're saying that your suggestions are as powerful as cams and bodies but were talking about costs here, we dont work for tuning companies, we dont live on cloud 9 and have the time and resources to rebuild an engine to your high expectations and blueprint an engine to gain a few bhps, we want some fun which means bang for buck and (fitting cams over regrinding valve seats, skimming head, adjusting timing gives us that), your talking to the wrong crowd of people you might be very good at getting an engine to perform its best and little tweeks and some good old engineeering but you keep saying low cost, but nothing what your saying is low cost, your not talking to a race team here

i can tell you are looking down at us thinking were all narrow minded youngsters with our moddified saxos with your 'look at your car in a carpark' statement and that we are naive when it comes to engine tuning, but we live in a completely different world to you
All I'm doing is suggesting alternative options and not sticking to your narrow minded views, as far as I was concerned I had finished posting at #15, but people wanted to contradict what I was saying, especially about advancing the throttle switch which costs £0.
Old 9th April 2012, 19:06   #70
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
All I'm doing is suggesting alternative options and not sticking to your narrow minded views, as far as I was concerned I had finished posting at #15, but people wanted to contradict what I was saying, especially about advancing the throttle switch which costs £0.
you seem to be getting wound up speaking to me and im not trying to have an argument here im trying to get you to understand us and not just think we are narrowminded people, what you do is fine and i do admire people like you that have the knoweldge to do what you do in motorsport, it is interesting to hear about what your saying, im just trying to get across that WE cant do what YOU can do so for us it does cost us, you probaly have the resources to take an engine out strip it down rebuild it for next to nothing doesnt mean everyone can do that

and josh i did make that connection with your avatar lol

Old 9th April 2012, 19:09   #71
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

Because you're a genuine retard who can't read threads, the guys asked for the best bang for buck. And it's gospel

Loose weight

Breathing mods

Cams

Bodies

Low boost

Rebuilds ie stroking, head work

Big Boost

And that goes for all cars.
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 19:14   #72
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): A few
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
SAM-S44MDS- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
no need to repeat myself
Yet you've repeated yourself numerous times when stating you used to work for 'TWR'

We all understand what you're saying, I've had my engine rebuilt on my old car, I've had my gearbox rebuilt, I've had my rear beam rebuilt on my current car and have replaced 99% of 'wear & tear' items on my car also...I am however in a good position to be able to do this, not every member of saxp is!

IE, a mate of mine on here works in an office for a media company and another works for his dad in refrigeration. They don't have access to ramps, tools and experience etc!

Other people on the forum work for garages/tuning companies and do have access to these things and does have the experience to do it!

What I'm saying is, fitting camshafts is alot easier for someone to do than what you're suggesting they do!
Yes for someone building a high spec engine your points are valid, but for the average joe who wants to make his car a little bit quicker down the back roads, whacking a set of cams in, a decent mani and a good exhaust are about as good as it gets

EDIT: Not a dig at you or your advice, as for rebuilding an engine it is good advice, it's just not what alot of members on here can do on the cheap.

Although, if you're offering your abilities, knowledge and time, my car is currently off road so I will happily bring it to you for you to blueprint etc, cos after all its cheaper than cams...and cams are cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by L20VTS View Post
I only got stuck because I couldn't get out

Last edited by SAM-S44MDS-; 9th April 2012 at 19:17.
SAM-S44MDS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 19:17   #73
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM-S44MDS- View Post
Yes for someone building a high spec engine your points are valid, but for the average joe who wants to make his car a little bit quicker down the back roads, whacking a set of cams in, a decent mani and a good exhaust are about as good as it gets

EDIT: Not a dig at you or your advice, as for rebuilding an engine it is good advice, it's just not what alot of members on here can do on the cheap.
couldnt have said it better myself

Old 9th April 2012, 19:25   #74
AJDEbon
Banned

Quote:
you seem to be getting wound up speaking to me and im not trying to have an argument here im trying to get you to understand us and not just think we are narrowminded people, what you do is fine and i do admire people like you that have the knoweldge to do what you do in motorsport, it is interesting to hear about what your saying, im just trying to get across that WE cant do what YOU can do so for us it does cost us, you probaly have the resources to take an engine out strip it down rebuild it for next to nothing doesnt mean everyone can do that

and josh i did make that connection with your avatar lol
I'm far from "wound up" I can assure you, probably one of the coolest head person you could meet. Sorry I didn't mean to be rude, however I do believe in what your saying that I have slightly over-shot the gun over costs. I have always taken for granted in getting my cylinders heads skimmed for next to nothing and have always had the correct tooling around me. Personally I set-up my nephews saxo VTS which brought me here, It was good enough to keep up with a Renault Clio 182 Cup at Santa Pod which made me proud, as i thought maybe sharing some knowledge with you guys here at saxperience would be helpful however it seems to be going down like pork in a m**lims wedding.

Last edited by AJDEbon; 9th April 2012 at 19:32.
Old 9th April 2012, 19:29   #75
AJDEbon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM-S44MDS- View Post
Yet you've repeated yourself numerous times when stating you used to work for 'TWR'

We all understand what you're saying, I've had my engine rebuilt on my old car, I've had my gearbox rebuilt, I've had my rear beam rebuilt on my current car and have replaced 99% of 'wear & tear' items on my car also...I am however in a good position to be able to do this, not every member of saxp is!

IE, a mate of mine on here works in an office for a media company and another works for his dad in refrigeration. They don't have access to ramps, tools and experience etc!

Other people on the forum work for garages/tuning companies and do have access to these things and does have the experience to do it!

What I'm saying is, fitting camshafts is alot easier for someone to do than what you're suggesting they do!

Although, if you're offering your abilities, knowledge and time, my car is currently off road so I will happily bring it to you for you to blueprint etc, cos after all its cheaper than cams...and cams are cheap
Your problem is that I am the first to break the mould, which there is nothing wrong with
Old 9th April 2012, 19:30   #76
SAM-S44MDS-
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): A few
SAM-S44MDS- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm far from "wound up" I can assure you, probably one of the coolest head person you could meet. Sorry I didn't mean to be rude, however I do believe in what your saying that I have slightly over-shot the gun over costs. I have always taken for granted in getting my cylinders heads skimmed for next to nothing and have always had the correct tooling around me. Personally I set-up my nephews saxo VTS which brought me here, It was good enough to keep up with a Renault Clio 182 Cup at Santa Pod which made me proud, as i thought maybe sharing some knowledge with you guys here at saxperience would be helpful however it seems to be going down like pork in a muslims wedding.

Not at all fella. Don't get the wrong idea, you are right in what you say to an extent, but, only for someone building a high spec engine.

Read the part I said above that jeffchiz highlighted buddy and you may understand!

You do sound like a knowledgable person, just the knowledge you have won't benefit 99% of members because they can't afford to fork out £££ to possibly gain 1-2hp, they want to fork out £££ and jump from ~120 to ~145+ bhp.

You see what I mean?

EDIT: What does the above mean? My 'problem' is you're the first to break the mould?

I'm sorry mate, I have no problem! If you read the post rather than getting defensive over it, I was actually defending what you said...just explaining to you that it's not beneficial for most on this site!

Yes, you have the knowledge and access to the tools to blueprint and set things up. If a customer was to come to you, what would you charge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by L20VTS View Post
I only got stuck because I couldn't get out

Last edited by SAM-S44MDS-; 9th April 2012 at 19:32.
SAM-S44MDS- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAM-S44MDS- For This Useful Post:
Old 9th April 2012, 19:32   #77
JoshFurioBrookes
Frequent Poster

>>> You
^
l
l
l < How far up your own ass you sound
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
Your ass
Old 9th April 2012, 19:34   #78
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
I'm far from "wound up" I can assure you, probably one of the coolest head person you could meet. Sorry I didn't mean to be rude, however I do believe in what your saying that I have slightly over-shot the gun over costs. I have always taken for granted in getting my cylinders heads skimmed for next to nothing and have always had the correct tooling around me. Personally I set-up my nephews saxo VTS which brought me here, It was good enough to keep up with a Renault Clio 182 Cup at Santa Pod which made me proud, as i thought maybe sharing some knowledge with you guys here at saxperience would be helpful however it seems to be going down like pork in a muslims wedding.
clio 182 pah my housemates vts with cat cam 743's pulls lengths on clio 197's, howver im led to believe the clio 172 has the quickest 0-60 time out of the range?

what did you do to your nephews vts? and what time did it run?

dont get me wrong id love for you to take my engine and work some magic on it, but for the time being a refurbed head, 708's and jenveys will do me, id only get a port and polish done witha bottom end rebuild if i went down the route of wilder cams with high comp pistons etc

saxo engines are cheap to buy if things go tits up

Last edited by jeffchiz; 9th April 2012 at 19:36.
Old 9th April 2012, 19:38   #79
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
clio 182 pah my housemates vts with cat cam 743's pulls lengths on clio 197's, howver im led to believe the clio 172 has the quickest 0-60 time out of the range?

what did you do to your nephews vts? and what time did it run?

dont get me wrong id love for you to take my engine and work some magic on it, but for the time being a refurbed head, 708's and jenveys will do me, id only get a port and polish done witha bottom end rebuild if i went down the route of wilder cams with high comp pistons etc

saxo engines are cheap to buy if things go tits up
172 cup will do 0-60 in 6.5. Only the trophy is capable of this, a 182 in marginally slower but its so minute it'll all be down to driver
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 20:34   #80
tichy
Regular Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Yes
tichy is on a distinguished road

Tbf you sound like you know nothing about saxo's why don't you just leave giving advise to people who know what there going on about. If there where 'cheaper' ways to make a vts quicker than breathing mods and cams half of saxp would be doing it.
tichy is offline   Reply With Quote