Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 25th August 2006, 09:48   #21
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

""Possibly a good adea"".... a whey protein suppliment contains more than just protein.... how do you know its not needed? do you know how hard he trains? how often? What types of training hes doin? and what his diet is exactly like?

Who ever said it stunted your growth? whoever told you that was lying thats for sure.

The amount of protein that is needed in a day is about a palm full. even if your lifting heavy weights nmore than that its not necessarly required!

Protein is made from amino acids.... these are the building blocks you seek!

I see amazing results too, but with my clients not just me.

its best to seek advise before you start as mindless taining is the worst.

WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2006, 10:33   #22
Apz1
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR
Apz1 will become famous soon enough

"he is still young & needs to grow"

sorry i thought you were saying here that it would stunt his growth.

yes whey does have a full amino pool, but so does chicken, beef, egg whites etc, so no it is not Necessary, the only time i would say it is benefical over solid protein is after workout for fast digestion along with high GI carbs.
Apz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2006, 11:05   #23
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

I was refering to alot of heavy weight training causing injury & damage to his tissues! He is young & still needs to "develop" - would have been more PC.

Think outside the box - protein doesnt mean, aminal! Nuts, seeds, pulses... some of the stongert ppl ive trained were & probly still are vegans!

""possibly a good idea"" as i have no idea what the specifics of his situation are.

I like they way you are keen to research beforee you start. somthing everyone should do IMO

Last edited by WestyVTR; 25th August 2006 at 11:07.
WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2006, 14:34   #24
Apz1
Regular Poster

well nuts etc dont have a complete amino profile... soya protein, cottage cheese, quark etc is the must for vegans
Old 25th August 2006, 14:35   #25
Apz1
Regular Poster

and vegetarians
Old 25th August 2006, 15:49   #26
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

arnie was swinging the weights out at 15.lol
protein drinks are a good idea when you cant eat at that time and straight after training.(very important) you could get your aminos from certain foods but as there are many, one type of food will produce more certain aminos than the other food. this is why i ate chicken, tuna, and eggs at the same time because each produced different bvs.
anyway people who post these questions do you have trainers in the gym who can help? or research, research. get some old school bodybuilding.
best advice is learn and read yourself cause your gonna be naive to what anyone says

Apz have you been reading mike mentzers, however you spell it?
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 11:00   #27
Apz1
Regular Poster

nope not read that