Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 1st February 2015, 13:07   #1
Nimix
Regular Poster

Car(s): ex-Blue 106 Rallye 1.6 '97 Black 106 Gti '99
Nimix is on a distinguished road
Default Black 106 Gti '99

As long as i can remember i've allways had a soft spot for the 106, so ofc my first car had to be one of those.
Back in 2007 i bought a '97 Rallye 1.6 in blue, my first car.
The joy was short, after 3-4 months the engine died due to low oil pressure while blasting though a roundabout
So it was sold as i didn't have the working space to change the engine (i earned £300 more than i gave for it )

But the damage was done, for the next 7 years i still had the fun memory of the car nagging me, untill i finaly bought one again.
But it wasn't as well planned as it should have..

My brother and i allways had a deal, one day he would get a 306 Gti i would get a 106 Gti, then travel to the Ring and race the nuts off them.
March 15 2014 my brother died from lounge cancer, 24 years old, which kinda made me question my way of living.
So i bought a Black '99 Gti with 250k km (~155k miles) on the clock in april and traveled to the Nürburgring a week later.

As you all know it takes abit to keep an old lady running, but i think it's all worth it.

This is how it looked after a quick wash.

The previous owner had fitted a TA-Technix coilover, less than 1 year before i bought it and it was completly destroyed.
Both damper was knackered leaving the oil in the struts and one of the springs was collapsed.
The anti-rollbar links where both in desperate need of a replacement because of this.

So a new set and a Bilstein B12 with Eibach spring was fitted.

The front brakes was not working properly, and no wonder

So bought a used set with ATE powerdics' and OMP 971/c pads.

Went to the danish equivalent of MOT and had to remove the "eye lids" from the headlights, then it passed without problems.

He did however say that i should keep and eye on beginning rust, so cleaned it up to see how bad it was

The rear wheel arches and below the ECU had a tiny bit of surface rust, but nothing to talk about really.

I bought a used pair of strut braces and man what a difference
Really changed the steering from direct to go-cart.

Fitted some decals
The one on the boot lid that all got, and a set of these

Winter came and it was time to ditch the OZ rims for some winter rubber, i also removed the lower strut brace again, no point getting any problems with snow and ice.

I bought a 4-2-1 manifold from a guy who got the wrong one for his 8v, brand new for 50% of the price
Also got a full 2" Powerflow decat from a guy on 106owners.
Did some cleaning and painting before fitting it

Bought a set of 743 that got fitted.
I've desperately been trying to get hold of Andy, but it seems imposible.
So with more than 1 months of waiting for a response, this tuesday i'm finaly getting it remapped instead.

Was getting really tired of the crappy rims so gave them a clean and some paint, also toned the rear light

Fitted some 100W xenon bulbs in the lower headlights, that really helps when it's dark.
Currently waiting for some white and blue bulbs for the dash and a new decal for the boot lid badge.

Got a set of 306 Gti brakes to get fitted in the spring

Brand new Brembo discs with greenstuff pads, not sure about those but will give it a try.
My plan is to sand the calipers and paint them black again, then fit some red Peugeot stickers

I've had some missfire problems the last month or so, the tester at work (i work at Peugeot) says the O2 sensor is periodicly failing.
Changed the MAP sensor and temp. sensor but that didn't do anything, the sparkplug was changed last summer and so was the fuel filter.
Bought a new ICV and fitted it earlier this week, it seems to have cured the issues.

I'm planning to change the headlight, i'm really keen on getting the angle eyes in the Black2 edition, but all 106 got those
Instead i'm trying to paint the inside of the lights black, but still not sure.

I got the suspension checked and the toe was changed, tho it seems abit off
Nimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:55   #2
Nimix
Regular Poster

Got it mapped today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzMlUUZj7A
Not bad for a 15 year old car with 270.000km
Old 5th February 2015, 18:41   #3
misulko
Regular Poster

Car(s): Silver MK II VTS 1.6 16V 2002
misulko is on a distinguished road

Nice results with 743, What´s the cup intake?
misulko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 20:00   #4
Nimix
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by misulko View Post
Nice results with 743, What´s the cup intake?
Thanks mate.
It's a simota intake filter
Like this:
Old 24th February 2015, 10:42   #5
Nimix
Regular Poster

Fitted a Cupra R lip and the lower strutbrace

Toke the summer wheels out of the basement and gave them a good clean and re-balance so they are ready for the spring
Old 25th February 2015, 08:51   #6
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Great car (still kick myself for never owning a 106 Gti). Sorry to hear about your brother too, shocking how young he was. I shall follow with interest

Oh btw, great English. Better than some British members of the forum!
Old 25th February 2015, 19:13   #7
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Xantia 1.9TD
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Good job bringing a deathtrap back to life. those brake pistons look fucked!

shame to hear about your brother. I need to get a few people together with a few daft cars and hit the 'ring too
chinkostu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chinkostu For This Useful Post:
Old 25th February 2015, 20:01   #8
Nimix
Regular Poster

Thanks alot guys, it means alot.

The plastic on the bumbers looking like crap, so gave them a nice cleaning

I'm pretty pleased with the results.

I'm dying to fit my 283mm brakes, looking at them everyday laying around on the table is serisouly getting up my nose (i even drive around with my summer rims in the boots atm)
Next week i reckon, next week..
Old 7th March 2015, 18:25   #9
Nimix
Regular Poster

I've fitted my OZ rims as the weather is not to bad, and i doubt there will be any more snow.
Only had one issue with grip, going out of a roundabout with full throotle

The lower strutbrace was catching the exhaust so had to give it some massage with a hammer
But atleast there is no more metal scrubbing.

Also got the 283mm brakes fitted, looks quite big under the 16" rims

The discs are brand new brembo, so still doing some bedding in so can't really say much about the added breaking power.
The pedal travel is far to long for my likings so a 23mm brake cylinder will be fitted to address that.
The car weighted 940kg with the old brakes, but the new setup is 24kg () so it might tip the 950 mark

I have been trying to remove the rear seats and such, but the road-/exhaust noise is far to loud in my opinion.

The rims looks like shit, but since i'm going to get 15" with some proper tyres (the tyre options with 195/40-45 is not impressive) then i see no point dropping to much work onto them.

I've been having some engine issues, been trying several things to fix it but without any luck, untill now:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=31
So far it's still working like a charm, so fingers crossed, it might have cured it

Depending on how busy the next week will be and how long it will take to change the exhaust on my moms car, i'll be giving it a proper polish and hopefully the weather will make it posible to get some decent pictures.
Old 11th April 2015, 17:28   #10
Nimix
Regular Poster

I've installed a digital oil temp. gauge, but ofc it was broken..
So currently waiting for a new one to arrive.

The plastic around and on the mirrors where faited and looking like shit, so gave them a nice cleanup:

I got my C5 rims today, now they just need some TLC and paint:

I'm ending up painting them "True Metallic Graphite"

Last edited by Nimix; 11th April 2015 at 17:30. Reason: Typo
Old 12th May 2015, 22:06   #11
Nimix
Regular Poster

Got my C5 rims done and fitted my new headlights, then went to a small french car meeting:

Also got a second dyno run:

This time with a 4bar fuel pressure regulator.
Results where -4hp and -2nm down from the first run, so nothing crucial

Last edited by Nimix; 13th May 2015 at 17:46.
Old 23rd July 2015, 14:36   #12
Nimix
Regular Poster

I've been getting some increasing wheel wobble over the last 3-4 month or so.
So installed a set of blackseries powerflex bushes, but when i removed the control arm this showed up

So i removed the carpet and sound isolation to let it dry out.

While i was at it, i removed everything apart from the front seats and dashboard (i did remove the passenger seat at first, but installed it again)

I'm not entirely sure where the water is coming from, but i'll track it down at some point, just have a few other things i have to sort out aswell.
Like the washer pump not working, so bought a new only to have the same issue.. I've been told it might be the relay, but i can't track it down - both a new item and the location in the car

I also have a problem with the horn, when i use it the car acts like it's running on 3 cylinders, using it again will cure it from all symptoms
It's driving me up the wall..

I finished the control arms only to have the same issue with the wheel wobble..
Removed the discs and got them refurbished (or what ever the correct term is?) anyway that sorted it out perfectly..

So instead of wrecking the car, i installed the OZ rims again and gave it a nice wash, light polish and some tlc, hoping that it would help my mood every time i see it

Last edited by Nimix; 23rd July 2015 at 15:29. Reason: typo
Old 10th September 2015, 14:01   #13
Nimix
Regular Poster

There haven't been much done the last months
The lack of comfort in 195/40-16 vs 195/50-15 is insane but the grip in those 16" SportContact2 is amazing compared to the 15" Ventus S1 Evo

Last night when the sun went down, it had a nice position on the clear sky.

The seal between the crank and flywheel is knackered, so it's leaking oil when the oilpressure is getting high, so i have to keep it below 3000rpm and drive like a granny..
It's getting fixed this weekend tho

I'm going to remove the plates for the winter, and get the car stored at my friend's company at the end of the month
I got offered a cage for £150 that i'll be installing, and at the same time fix abit of rust in the left rear inner arch.

The next MOT is in september next year (we got 2 years between each test in Denmark) so there is plenty of time to fix the last few bits
Old 10th September 2015, 15:56   #14
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road

It does look very good with these 16" Superturismo,I had the 15" version my VTS but the bigger inch really suits the car lovely,I have never tried 16" wheels as I didn't want to modify the way the car drives too much but seeing these on your car really make me wonder if I should fit 16" too.
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote