Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 2nd July 2008, 11:18   #21
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

For R'n'B i would recommend you go for a ported box with either a single 10" sub or 12" sub. Tune it nice and low, like 28-30hz and just watch it wobble!

You could get BFUK to build you an awesome box for about £40 posted which will sound awesome and will blow all your mates setups out the window, purley because of the well designed box!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:18   #22
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

see now im loving the bass for my 2 12" and it plays any type of music perfect!!!!
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:20   #23
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modified View Post
see now im loving the bass for my 2 12" and it plays any type of music perfect!!!!
You ported it yet mate?

If you think it sound good now, wait till you get that little tube in there!!
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:21   #24
Squirtukuk
South West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
Squirtukuk is on a distinguished road

Wiring kit: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/value-pc428-p-3788.html - £45
Subwoofer: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto1214-p-6652.html -£50
Amp: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto7001-p-6737.html - £140
Sound Deadening: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/seco...lk-p-4853.html - £140
Total: £370

This is what i would recommend, then you need materials on top of this like wood etc. This would let you expand in the future to buy a set of components and another amp.
Squirtukuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:23   #25
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtukuk View Post
Wiring kit: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/value-pc428-p-3788.html - £45
Subwoofer: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto1214-p-6652.html -£50
Amp: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto7001-p-6737.html - £140
Sound Deadening: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/seco...lk-p-4853.html - £140
Total: £370

This is what i would recommend, then you need materials on top of this like wood etc. This would let you expand in the future to buy a set of components and another amp.

Agreed, thats a good set-up, although i feel that the amp is overkill for that sub tbh, and your pretty much wasting 50% of its power due to it being 2 ohms stable, and the sub being svc 4 ohm.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:24   #26
TDID
Regular Poster

Car(s): VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
TDID is a name known to allTDID is a name known to allTDID is a name known to allTDID is a name known to allTDID is a name known to allTDID is a name known to all

I won't be sticking a sub in the saxo, will be on track a fair bit (hopefully) so not too bothered about the sound, will probably get some new components for the front and a new head unit and leave it at that.

How is the infinity stuff these days? Always liked them.
TDID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:24   #27
jodie_saxo
Established Member
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cream VTR on 15" Borbet A's/Zender Turbo's baby!
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
jodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Nah, you may aswell go sealed, which then means there is no real calcs to do. Just cut the wood to size and screw the lot together, however, when they are sealed, the subs MUST NOT share the same air space, so basically, you need to make to seperate boxes, unless you make one big box, with a seal in the middle effectively giving you 2 seperate boxes.

What music do you listen to, and do you like it loud and deep, or punchy and tight? (not a sexual inuendo)
oi oi, your abit of a fast mover jk
loud and deep i think for r and b music
if i'm having two subs i want them in seperate boxes in each corner anyway.

Quote:
IS that £500 just for a subwoofer, amp and wiring kit? Or will that include, headunit, components upfront and a amp to power the components upfront?
if you read my original post that will answer your questions...
jodie_saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:25   #28
Squirtukuk
South West Region Member

Quote:
Agreed, thats a good set-up, although i feel that the amp is overkill for that sub tbh, and your pretty much wasting 50% of its power due to it being 2 ohms stable, and the sub being svc 4 ohm.
Agreed but overhead is good, and JBLs are renown for taking alot more than they are quoted. Atm, i'm put about 500wrms into my GT4 atm and thats rated at 250wrms and its still going strong. Plus, if you change the sub for a more powerful one later then you won't need to change the amp.

Last edited by Squirtukuk; 2nd July 2008 at 11:29.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:28   #29
Squirtukuk
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodie_saxo View Post
if you read my original post that will answer your questions...
I presume your speakers are being run off your headunit? If thats the case, i'd also add a 4 channel amp to the list, my choice being http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-...4e-p-6240.html for £110.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:28   #30
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Agreed but overhead is good, and JBLs are renown for taking alot more than they are quoted. Atm, i'm put about 500wrms into my GT4 atm and thats rated at 250wrms and its still going strong.
Yes, the GT4's are very strong and i have known them to take 800rms all day! Granted they get smelly but they take it!

However, these GTO series subs dont take the power like the gt4's do! I ran 1.2kw into 2 of these and cooked them within a week! Just melted the coil!

I wouldnt want to put much more than 500rms into a GTO, but as you say, i always like to give my subs a bit of headroom!
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:30   #31
jodie_saxo
Established Member

jodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team memberjodie_saxo is a well respected team member

Quote:
I presume your speakers are being run off your headunit? If thats the case, i'd also add a 4 channel amp to the list, my choice being http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-...4e-p-6240.html for £110.
yes they are, i wouldn't need 2 amps would i?
you mean a 4 channel instead of the previous?
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:30   #32
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

Quote:
You ported it yet mate?

If you think it sound good now, wait till you get that little tube in there!!
thread jack!!!

get paid 17th so will be ordering them then hehe and maybe recovering it!
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:32   #33
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

We really need to know whether you want 1 or 2 subs jodie!
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:34   #34
jodie_saxo
Established Member

Quote:
We really need to know whether you want 1 or 2 subs jodie!
lmao sorry
OK I DEFO WANT 2 SUBS!!

is a ported box a box with a hole basically?!
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:37   #35
VTS_86
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk2
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
VTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the rough

Talkaudio is a good website to ask questions if you don't really know that much. I have done a few install in my Saxo and am currently in the process of doing another now.
What sort of music do you listen do and are you looing for SPL or SQ set up.
JL Audio,Rainbow & DLS are very good brands not to mention the rest.
VTS_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:37   #36
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
lmao sorry
OK I DEFO WANT 2 SUBS!!

is a ported box a box with a hole basically?!
I'll let you off

Anyway, that gear that was recommended by squirty squirty or whatever his name is lol, would be ideal. You could buy 2 of those subs, wire them in parallel to show a resistance of 2 ohms, then you will be getting the full shabang out of the amp and into the subs! It will be pretty damn loud tbh!

EDIT:a ported box can have a hole, or a slot port, which runs down the side and is rectangular!
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:39   #37
VTS_86
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk2
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
VTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah sort of. A ported box will give you a greater output and a sealed box will give a clearer tighter sound.
VTS_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:41   #38
Squirtukuk
South West Region Member

Quote:
yes they are, i wouldn't need 2 amps would i?
you mean a 4 channel instead of the previous?
Depends just how loud you want your system. Most people run a mono channel amp just for your subwoofers, then another amp to power the front end. Gives you loud bass and a loud front end.

Some people run a 5 channel amp or a 4 channel amp, this saves space cause you only have one amp, how ever they generally don't go anywhere near as loud on the same ammount of money.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:46   #39
jodie_saxo
Established Member

ok this is getting more confusing with every post.
so jbl is what is being recommended?
2 12" subs and amp.
i thought people would suggest different makes as i'm looking to spend abit!
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:47   #40
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
ok this is getting more confusing with every post.
so jbl is what is being recommended?
2 12" subs and amp.
i thought people would suggest different makes as i'm looking to spend abit!
You really cant beat JBL to be honest! Thats my opinion anyway!

Have you got good front speakers, or standard?