Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 16th September 2008, 14:57   #81
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

what about this.. AA SUB

or

Diamond Audio

which would you say out of those and the SPL one i posted above ^ ???
and how many 1 or 2?
Old 16th September 2008, 15:07   #82
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDannyB View Post
Would i need two of those SPL subs?
Personally i dont like SPL subs. They wont go anywhere near as loud as those JBL's.

Even the lower end JBL stuff is better imo.
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:08   #83
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

2 of these mate!

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/asce...ef2f53c4480d4e
Old 16th September 2008, 15:15   #84
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

ok mate, wow £280 just for 2 subs :| that without the box lmao.

they better than the two JBL you recommended?
and also what amp would be best to power them with?
Old 16th September 2008, 15:49   #85
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

coonper "ive just about had it with this site "

i knew you couldnt stay away from us

look how much dannys budgets going out the window lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:50   #86
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Id go with 2 of the P-1222's mate, although those A.A's will be better, but more money! And also, the A.A's wont run off a 1201.1 amp. You would need one that is 1 ohm stable.

And the SPL comps are better than the hertz imo.
Old 16th September 2008, 15:53   #87
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/asce...ef2f53c4480d4e

have a look at that

of a jbl 1201.1 that will lap up the power

and from what i hear the drivers are very stable so will hear a very high quality bass
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 16th September 2008, 20:18   #88
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

that looks nice ashley, what would the jbl amp be putting into that? the new model jbl because it doesnt look like ill be finding that old one.

and also i would only be able to buy one of those!
Old 16th September 2008, 21:27   #89
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Id go for 2 of the JBL's over 1 A.A tbh mate.

They will run perfectly from either the 1201.1 or the newer 14001. They are also VERY efficient, so will get moving off little power, which means you wont have to run your amp at maximum to get the most from the subs, which ultimately means less strain on the alternator/battery.

They will sound awesome mate! Get 600rms into each one and you're gonna be knocking on the door of 145-148db's!
Old 16th September 2008, 21:39   #90
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Really, WOW! hmmm im going to have another look at those then!..there only 400w rms though?

whats the difference in those jbl comps you can get on ebay for around £40 to the SPL ones i mentioned above? just trying to save myself a bit of money but if there not as good then ill get the SPL's

Last edited by DJDannyB; 16th September 2008 at 21:41.
DJDannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 21:46   #91
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

jbl's will happily take more than stated rms

on TA ive seen gt4s beeing powerd of a 1201.1... i thought coonper was taking the piss when he said it could be done lol
Quote:
Old 16th September 2008, 22:02   #92
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

lmao, think i may buy two of thos jbls then.. only £100 each! how would i wire them to the jbl amp, dont they only have one speaker + / - on them?
Old 16th September 2008, 22:12   #93
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
lmao, think i may buy two of thos jbls then.. only £100 each! how would i wire them to the jbl amp, dont they only have one speaker + / - on them?
2 + terminals, 2 - terminals

1 channel

hence the name "mono"

you can wire 2 subs.
Quote:
Old 16th September 2008, 22:13   #94
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

yeah i know there mono, i just didnt know they had two terminals with them being mono lol.
soo two of those jbl subs on the new model amp, what will the amp be putting into each sub?

Need a good wiring kit also! for both amp + sub and amp + comps. also a dizzy block.
Old 16th September 2008, 22:15   #95
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

id help you do all the wiring danny no worries about that
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 22:20   #96
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

nice one mate, ive wired a few of my mates up, somehow i end up on here asking questions when ive done a few before, never wired up two amps in one car though. should be just as easy lol.

webby, looks like ill need a good bit of MDF lol, two 12" jbls!
Old 16th September 2008, 22:24   #97
webby
Established Member

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
nice one mate, ive wired a few of my mates up, somehow i end up on here asking questions when ive done a few before, never wired up two amps in one car though. should be just as easy lol.

webby, looks like ill need a good bit of MDF lol, two 12" jbls!
best bet. ill get a discount from the bnq at the ashton snipe i have a mate there
should be about £18 for a 8x6ft piece and ill get it cut there aswell then all we need is a pack of screws an glue and caulking we will be away hahaha

i also know a company were i can get a dual amp 0 gauge wiring kit for £50 delived thats with distro blocks etc
Old 16th September 2008, 22:38   #98
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
best bet. ill get a discount from the bnq at the ashton snipe i have a mate there
should be about £18 for a 8x6ft piece and ill get it cut there aswell then all we need is a pack of screws an glue and caulking we will be away hahaha

i also know a company were i can get a dual amp 0 gauge wiring kit for £50 delived thats with distro blocks etc
Really! sounds good to me mate. whats dual amp ??
Old 16th September 2008, 22:44   #99
webby
Established Member

Quote:
Really! sounds good to me mate. whats dual amp ??
just means the main run from batt to boot is 0 awg then u have a disto block to split it into 2 runs of 4 awg or 1 run of 4 and 1 run of 0 so you can power both your amps
Old 16th September 2008, 22:50   #100
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Oh i see, cool. yeah sounds good that for £50 delivered!

need some cash now to order some stuff, oh and i nearly forgot, need to go buy my car LMAO