Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 6th November 2008, 01:43   #21
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

kl you got any sound deaderning on your doors? im from paignton so not to far from exeter i will be in exeter this sunday night for a photoshoot if you wanna meet up for a listen
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 01:23   #22
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Nitrous'd Saxo VTS '52 Plate (S33 VTS)
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Lippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
kl you got any sound deaderning on your doors? im from paignton so not to far from exeter i will be in exeter this sunday night for a photoshoot if you wanna meet up for a listen
photoshoot of what? and where abouts? yeah that might be good to come for a listen! can you pm me your mobi number and il see if i can come meet up at some point!

Oh and no sound proofing yet... not got any spare cash at the moment but i will prob invest in some when I have built my sub bos cos its gonna rattle like a tin can!...

Icelandic vts Progress Thread
Cars life story Post 1

Last edited by Lippy; 7th November 2008 at 02:07.
Lippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 18:58   #23
si_pow
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2001 mk5 Fiesta ZS
si_pow is on a distinguished road

Great guide mate. You make it look so easy! Bet its not though, i would love to give it ago, but my handywork is a little poo to say the least. haha
si_pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 23:31   #24
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippy View Post
photoshoot of what? and where abouts? yeah that might be good to come for a listen! can you pm me your mobi number and il see if i can come meet up at some point!

Oh and no sound proofing yet... not got any spare cash at the moment but i will prob invest in some when I have built my sub bos cos its gonna rattle like a tin can!...
a local site im on is meeting up to get photos of all the members cars ect where meeting up at marsh barton mcdonalds at 8pm then going to some places in town to get pictures but anyone is welcome to come along. u got pm

what box and sub you putting in?
Old 8th November 2008, 00:38   #25
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
a local site im on is meeting up to get photos of all the members cars ect where meeting up at marsh barton mcdonalds at 8pm then going to some places in town to get pictures but anyone is welcome to come along. u got pm

what box and sub you putting in?
whats the local site? a sax group? or audio? Yeah il see if i can make it sunday 8pm, I wanna keep the weight down for this install so im having a single sub install with a box constructed of mainly fibreglass! 12" Pioneer 3kw eventually...

I have had fairly excessive stereos for years and I now have an ear condition called tinitis and its really annoying so im trying to keep it more sensible with the volumes! Still like to listen to other peoples though! been in alot of show/competition cars!

Cars life story Post 1
Old 8th November 2008, 01:11   #26
DazzaVTS
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Toyota Starlet SR, Toyota MR2, Saxo VTS
DazzaVTS is on a distinguished road

They look the muts nuts fella... Good Work...

~ Dazza.
DazzaVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 03:42   #27
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
whats the local site? a sax group? or audio? Yeah il see if i can make it sunday 8pm, I wanna keep the weight down for this install so im having a single sub install with a box constructed of mainly fibreglass! 12" Pioneer 3kw eventually...

I have had fairly excessive stereos for years and I now have an ear condition called tinitis and its really annoying so im trying to keep it more sensible with the volumes! Still like to listen to other peoples though! been in alot of show/competition cars!
its tq modified just a local cruise site that's just been started up. i made a fiber-glass box for a Pioneer 2kw middle of the year for my sax didnt sound to bad tbh but riped the spider on it so got the gt5's insted. i get tinitis when playing at shows ect not good
Old 10th November 2008, 11:12   #28
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
its tq modified just a local cruise site that's just been started up. i made a fiber-glass box for a Pioneer 2kw middle of the year for my sax didnt sound to bad tbh but riped the spider on it so got the gt5's insted. i get tinitis when playing at shows ect not good
Hey liam, shame we didnt actually get to make any noise last night, wanted to hear it flat out! was the fibreglass box for the drivers or passengers side that you made?

I still have to start fibreglassing my new box, only started it yesterday though! EDIT: started the fibre glassing and its well on its way now! Liam how many layers did you apply to your old glass box? Im gonna see how strong 6 is first i think!

Cars life story Post 1

Last edited by Lippy; 10th November 2008 at 18:18.
Old 10th November 2008, 23:31   #29
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
Hey liam, shame we didnt actually get to make any noise last night, wanted to hear it flat out! was the fibreglass box for the drivers or passengers side that you made?

I still have to start fibreglassing my new box, only started it yesterday though! EDIT: started the fibre glassing and its well on its way now! Liam how many layers did you apply to your old glass box? Im gonna see how strong 6 is first i think!
yeah sorry about that mate i should be in exeter again soon to get the dB tested so can have a proper listen then if your about

the box i made could go on any side but proberly would of looked better on the passenger side i only did it as a quick box for the show so i only used about 2/3 layers and loads of filler held up pretty well didnt crack any of the filler and didnt have any flex out of it

Old 11th November 2008, 13:26   #30
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
yeah sorry about that mate i should be in exeter again soon to get the dB tested so can have a proper listen then if your about

the box i made could go on any side but proberly would of looked better on the passenger side i only did it as a quick box for the show so i only used about 2/3 layers and loads of filler held up pretty well didnt crack any of the filler and didnt have any flex out of it

shame you must have taken ages building it and then not used it! does it look anything like myne? can you link a piccy?

Let me know when your next out on a meet cos i live between exeter and newton abbott so either is easy to get to!

Cars life story Post 1
Old 14th November 2008, 00:16   #31
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
shame you must have taken ages building it and then not used it! does it look anything like myne? can you link a piccy?

Let me know when your next out on a meet cos i live between exeter and newton abbott so either is easy to get to!
na only toke me a day or so 40grit sand paper smooths things off very quickly lol il have a look if i got any pics of it wihout the flyers over it thay where hiding some of the places i didnt sand much lol

kl well il give you a text when im over that way the tqmod lot seem to like going on alot of random drives
Old 17th November 2008, 00:29   #32
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

sweet bud! nearly finished the bass box, just got to carpet it! and put some baffle cloth on the inside, gonna upload some more piccys now I think! you got many bass disks? I have about 11 albums, just thought we caould swap some at some point!

Nice tidy install in the piccys! couldnt see the pics last time I post as I was at work!

Cars life story Post 1
Old 21st November 2008, 21:13   #33
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysaxo1000
Hi, just a quick question about the 17cm door pods

Hi, just like to say great guides you've done

I'm a bit puzzled, could you tell me the size of the wooden support blocks you used? I keep trying different size blocks but it just doesn't look right. Do you have anymore pictures of you progress with them? Any info would be realy helpful.

Many Thanks
Sam
The length of the batten is approx 4cms for the top block and 4 cms in length for the bottom block, just ben out to the car in the dark and measured taking into acct the 12mm thickness of the MDF collar! At this length the speaker slightly points upwards

Cars life story Post 1

Last edited by Lippy; 21st November 2008 at 21:25.
Old 26th November 2008, 00:07   #34
LukusCrossan
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): euro saxo vtr
LukusCrossan is on a distinguished road

progress is looking nice mate.
keep it up.
im interested in some door pods so this is a lot of help for me.
thanks
LukusCrossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 13:10   #35
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukusCrossan View Post
progress is looking nice mate.
keep it up.
im interested in some door pods so this is a lot of help for me.
thanks
Cheers for your feedback! Glad it is helping someone! If you get any questions ask them here on this thread that way we can share the answers with anyone else looking into doing this!

Cars life story Post 1
Old 26th November 2008, 14:18   #36
switswoo111

switswoo111 is on a distinguished road

I got mine from Here And they do a Good job too
http://tidypods.webs.com
switswoo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 21:53   #37
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by switswoo111 View Post
I got mine from Here And they do a Good job too
http://tidypods.webs.com
Not too sure what to make of the above company's pods!? Bit gutted that I didnt find this company before I made my own, wonder how much they were for a saxo!

Still theres nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishment when you have made something yourself I guess

Cars life story Post 1
Old 27th November 2008, 05:07   #38
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
sweet bud! nearly finished the bass box, just got to carpet it! and put some baffle cloth on the inside, gonna upload some more piccys now I think! you got many bass disks? I have about 11 albums, just thought we caould swap some at some point!

Nice tidy install in the piccys! couldnt see the pics last time I post as I was at work!
yeah mate ive got loads il do you a copy you going to the storm speed open day?
Old 28th November 2008, 00:20   #39
Lippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
yeah mate ive got loads il do you a copy you going to the storm speed open day?

storm speed open day? wheres that and what sort of car show is it? interested in going but dont have any details!

Cars life story Post 1
Old 28th November 2008, 01:45   #40
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=187974

looking like alot of people will be turning up and il be getin my car tested there as well as tryin to get 150db out of my mates corsa befor he sells it