Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 14th February 2007, 00:55   #1
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Basic Amp Wiring Diagrams

Basic Diagram For Wiring in one Amp to Run A Sub And a Set Of Components

Basic Diagram To wire An Amp To Run A Pair Of Components And An Amp To Run A Sub

Last edited by Predator_R32; 14th February 2007 at 02:01.
Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Predator_R32 For This Useful Post:
Old 14th February 2007, 01:03   #2
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

nice one mate looks good should be made a sticky but how come on the 1st one you have 2 rca's going in to the one amp?
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 01:05   #3
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

well a rca is to run one pair of speakers, so components are a pair and one to run a sub but you only need one plug on the rca lead

Red = Left Speaker
White = Right Speaker

or the other way round

yeah ave asked scott if i should stick it with the grommet cable stick or put it as a new one

Old 14th February 2007, 01:19   #4
Saxo-Slag
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Vtr @ 123bhp R.I.P VTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Saxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant future

good one lad. needs to be sticky

Was Seanp06
Saxo-Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 01:23   #5
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

ill see what scott says, he was the moderator online when i was doing it at the time so ya know

Old 14th February 2007, 01:39   #6
Curran
Saxperience Post Whore
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!

you only need one rca lead for each amp. it doesnt matter how many speakers you are running from the amp. the rca leads supply the amp with the signal then the amp will send it to whatever is plugged into it. i.e sub or components or both

im not sure about the new type of amps that can run both sub and components though. most amps you just need one rca lead.

Last edited by Curran; 14th February 2007 at 01:42.
Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 01:45   #7
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

a rca lead has two plugs, re and white right, one forone speaker and the other for the other , so running an sub and set of components will require 2 sets of leads, but for the sub you only would need one plug

i did the second one so people know how to wire two amps up really, as ive alread been asked a few times about running multiple amps

Old 14th February 2007, 01:54   #8
Curran
Saxperience Post Whore

Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!

hmmm. not sure about that one. i've never run a sub and components from the same amp. i've always used a mono for the sub and a multi channel for the components.

how many rca leads are you saying you would need to run 2 sets of components from one amp?

i agree with your 2-amp diagram, i'm just not sure about the first one. but then i wouldnt use one amp to run comps and a sub.
The Following User Says Thank You to Curran For This Useful Post:
Old 14th February 2007, 01:58   #9
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

thats why its called a basic diagram mate

didnt say what amp you have to run its just a diagram on how to wire up an am tbh

it would be a 4 channel amp, my alpine one is desighned for a set of speakers and a sub

so you would do the components on channels 1 and 2 as normal and for the sub bridge it on 3 and 4

Old 14th February 2007, 02:04   #10
Curran
Saxperience Post Whore

ok mate, i'm not saying your wrong but it would do the same job with just the one rca lead.

the only reason i would run 2 is if the head unit had separate outputs for the sub and speakers
Old 14th February 2007, 02:06   #11
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

you would need 2 rca leads though mate, for to run a set of components and a sub but one of the leads you would only need the white or red plug as a sub is classed as one speaker and would be either a right or left plug if you know what i mean

RCA will operate a pair of speakers, if you look at a av lead Yellow = video, Red = Right speaker and White = left speaker

Last edited by Predator_R32; 14th February 2007 at 02:11.
Old 14th February 2007, 02:14   #12
Curran
Saxperience Post Whore

i know what you are saying but mono amps still use both plugs to run a sub.

my alpine 1/2/3/4 channel amp can run everything from one rca lead but it does have the option of using 2 rca leads but you would only need to do that if you had a head unit with separate outputs (for sub and speakers) otherwise it is pointless because you will just be sending the same signal twice.
Old 14th February 2007, 14:19   #13
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

well im running a set of components and 2 subs, and i need two leads, so its classed as 2 pair of speakers, if i was just using one sub and a set components id still need 2 leads but would only need the signal from one plug

i have not had any expierience with mono amps mate so i wouldnt know about using the two plugs on one

what am getting at one plug one the rca sends a signal to the other plug, so one lead runs a pair of speakers in my case

Old 14th February 2007, 14:24   #14
tom187
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Mark Two 1.1i
iTrader Score: 4 (83%)
tom187 is a name known to alltom187 is a name known to alltom187 is a name known to alltom187 is a name known to alltom187 is a name known to alltom187 is a name known to all

Great diagrams mate!
tom187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 20:57   #15
saxooxas
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): 1 series
saxooxas is just really nicesaxooxas is just really nicesaxooxas is just really nicesaxooxas is just really nicesaxooxas is just really nice

Cheers pred for that - he did the second diagram for me to explain wiring more than one amp up and it did the trick - i think i know how to do it now! woop. And saxo17s i cant say id use 2 rcas either but pred seems to know his shit with audio so he either drew it on by accident or it must work.. lol

saxooxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 10:28   #16
SAM33R
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vts 2003 *Dads*€nzo 15th APR
SAM33R has a spectacular aura aboutSAM33R has a spectacular aura about

im sure you only need one pair of rca leads....anyway.....what does the blue remote wire do???

thanks

good post
SAM33R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 10:46   #17
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

you only need one set of RCAs depending on conditions. If the head unit only has one preout then you can use splitters to gain as many rcas as you need.

Likewise the unit can have a million preouts and you still can use 1 rca and just split.

I run 2 rcas as i want to use the front preout for the front speakers and the dedicated sub out for the sub.

The remote turn on lead carries a small 12v signal that tells the amp that the headunit is on so turns on the amp

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 10:48   #18
SAM33R
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vts 2003 *Dads*€nzo 15th APR
SAM33R has a spectacular aura aboutSAM33R has a spectacular aura about

cheers fella
SAM33R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 12:00   #19
Curran
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
you only need one set of RCAs depending on conditions. If the head unit only has one preout then you can use splitters to gain as many rcas as you need.

Likewise the unit can have a million preouts and you still can use 1 rca and just split.

I run 2 rcas as i want to use the front preout for the front speakers and the dedicated sub out for the sub.

Scott - thats exactly what i was saying. thanks for clearing it up.

saxooxas - it will work with one or two but i would only use two if i have a decent HU with separate preouts
Old 16th February 2007, 15:09   #20
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

well to run two subs and components a need 2 RCA leads, same if you were runing a sub and components your still gonna need 2 leads to get the best out of it,

so saxo17s do you have a one RCA lead with Y phonos????