Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 8th March 2007, 20:46   #1
AliMak
Frequent Poster
Central South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Scandal 1.0
AliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up The Best I.C.E Brand?

Alrite every1
Just wondering what u guys think the best I.C.E brand is? Me m8s all say Fusion but i think thats just because their gear is the best looking.
Thought it was a good discussion
AliMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 20:51   #2
liamk15
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Type-r
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!liamk15 is absolutely fabulous!

fusion isnt anyway near imo,halfords stock all that shit

boston is quite a good make from what ive learnt and RA i think
Old 8th March 2007, 20:55   #3
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

I prefer Alpine V12 for the amps with Rockford Fosgate/JL Audio right up there for the average guy. Most of these hit harder than the stated power figures.

For the subs I wouldn't touch anything other than JL Audio, seriously and I've used quite a few. (tri chamber boxes seem to produce the best bass, many DB competitors have subs facing each other creating a rigid cone)

Not really clued up about stereos but Kenwood and Alpine seem to be the common choice, anything with a good amp preout/s gets my vote.

Speakers: Bostons or Infinity for the fronts and I'd only use Kenwood HQ 7x10's for the shelf as they can save on sub space/money with their punch.
RS_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 20:56   #4
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

fusion most definately not

headunits

alpine
pioneer
clarion
kenwood

subs

jbl
kenwood
re audio
jl
alpine
hertz

components

alpine
hertz
rainbow
boston
phoenix gold
diamond

theres more but could go on lol

amps

genesis
alpine
phoenix gold
jbl
and again a few more

thats just a few that are good

Last edited by Predator_R32; 8th March 2007 at 21:27.
Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 20:58   #5
RS_Matt
Established Member

RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Predator have you ever come across one of those 'longmill pure' amps?

One of the all time great amps was a phoenix gold clear cased amp that hit around 1,200 watts, think they are discontinued now, but I'd love to find one cheap on ebay. Nearly all serious Ice db competitors used them as an alternative to Alpine V12's/RF, can't remember if Alma Gates set the record with them or not. There was a broken one on ebay a few weeks back going for £40 with days of bidding left.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 8th March 2007 at 21:04.
Old 8th March 2007, 21:03   #6
AliMak
Frequent Poster

AliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the roughAliMak is a jewel in the rough

nice info, ye ive always thought fusion cared more bout looks then performance with their audio. Should i not bother with halfords or any of the retail shops for my I.C.E, and only stick to online stores?
Im an Ebay seller and soon will be strikeing deals to sell I.C.E online, so cheers for the info, becausde i only want to sell the best
Old 8th March 2007, 21:06   #7
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Matt View Post
Predator have you ever come across one of those 'longmill pure' amps?

One of the all time great amps was a phoenix gold clear cased amp that hit around 1,200 watts, think they are discontinued now, but I'd love to find one cheap on ebay. Nearly all serious Ice db competitors used them as an alternative to Alpine V12's/RF, can't remember if Alma Gates set the record with them or not. There was a broken one on ebay a few weeks back going for £40 with days of bidding left.
ive seen them mate but never had heard/seen one perform if you catch my drift, i just stick to my known brands now, bought a legacy amp before lasted 2 month lol, learn from your mistakes i guess

Old 8th March 2007, 21:19   #8
kip327
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1 White 2003
kip327 is on a distinguished road

You can add alpine to the list of components aswell there pred...mine sound AWESOM!

Back on thread topic...

I go with alpine all the way, co-axials, components, amplifier, subwoofer....

headunits, i've got a JVC dvd one but if didn't have that i'd deffinately have a alpine one...
Old 8th March 2007, 21:21   #9
Emma_ZS
Saxperience Post Whore
East Anglia Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. Mk2 Posi Furio 2. Fiesta Zetec S
iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!

What About Kenwood?
Old 8th March 2007, 21:25   #10
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

well kenwood are ok i have the subs and there fine ill add them to the list lol

Old 8th March 2007, 21:26   #11
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMak View Post
nice info, ye ive always thought fusion cared more bout looks then performance with their audio. Should i not bother with halfords or any of the retail shops for my I.C.E, and only stick to online stores?
Im an Ebay seller and soon will be strikeing deals to sell I.C.E online, so cheers for the info, becausde i only want to sell the best
yeah mate halfords are only good for there wiring lol

Old 8th March 2007, 21:28   #12
RS_Matt
Established Member

When I first started out it was Tornado subs and Jetsound amp, ditched the tornado and got Eminence subs, the subs were blowing off the amp so moved to longmill Jx amps, they blew the subs too! got some black widow amps which were louder but still blew the subs including Cyclops subs and a high power rated Pro Plus DC sub, moved onto JL audio subs which the amps couldn't touch and then upgraded to Sony XM and Alpine V12 amps for a cleaner tone. Pretty happy with the set up now, just waiting for some cash to upgrade the headunit or preout via a line driver. I've never been bothered about high quality midrange/treble in the car as a car design, road noise & engine is not condusive to great sound, I keep that element for chilling in the home! Its always been about the bass in my cars and my rear 7x10 kenwood HQ shelf speakers allow me to save space in the boot of a Saxo by only having to put a boxed JL audio 10" in there, they provide excellent bass/midbass that gives immense clarity to every bassline. Its not EMI studios more a nightclub sound.

I have a sony 500 watt sacd player at home to listen to the Floyd on!!! - worth every penny!

Had mates use Mosfet and Boss amps from motorworld they were terrible.
Old 8th March 2007, 21:31   #13
RS_Matt
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
well kenwood are ok i have the subs and there fine ill add them to the list lol

Don't you rate Rockford Fosgate? They are rated for their amps/subs and wiring! They brought out an headunit with a massive 8-9v preout signal which was critically acclaimed.
Old 8th March 2007, 21:33   #14
AliMak
Frequent Poster

this is all great info, if i start selling some of the top brand stuff, ill let every1 know! So could you all tell me the best brand for subs, best brand for speakers and best for headunits. Or any other ideas of what i should be selling?
Old 8th March 2007, 21:34   #15
Emma_ZS
Saxperience Post Whore
East Anglia Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. Mk2 Posi Furio 2. Fiesta Zetec S
iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!Emma_ZS is absolutely fabulous!

i have kenwood speakers
Old 8th March 2007, 21:39   #16
Curran
Saxperience Post Whore
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!Curran is absolutely fabulous!

i'm with alpine all the way.

the top range stuff they make is awesome
Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 22:03   #17
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Matt View Post
Don't you rate Rockford Fosgate? They are rated for their amps/subs and wiring! They brought out an headunit with a massive 8-9v preout signal which was critically acclaimed.
never had any expierience with them mate, so i wouldnt know but ive never actually wanted to go for them

Quote:
this is all great info, if i start selling some of the top brand stuff, ill let every1 know! So could you all tell me the best brand for subs, best brand for speakers and best for headunits. Or any other ideas of what i should be selling?
well them in the list mate and you will be on the right tracks

Old 8th March 2007, 22:27   #18
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

i bought a legacy amp, got it in a package deal when i first got a car

its been bulletproof for me if im honest, pleased with it
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 22:30   #19
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
i bought a legacy amp, got it in a package deal when i first got a car

its been bulletproof for me if im honest, pleased with it
you would say that jay lol, mine used to cut out on big bass on the sub was crap

Old 8th March 2007, 22:32   #20
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

dont get me wrong, if i could turn back time i wouldnt of bought it

i wish i done some research as id probly of got a better system for my money

i wouldnt ever reccomend it to people, its just that i got fobbed off by car audio centre

i was young an naive i guess lol
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote