Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 8th March 2007, 22:34   #21
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

yeah tru when your young you just want big amps i only got my legacy because it said 1200 watts and came with a power cap, both ment nothing to me at the time lol

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 22:38   #22
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

haha

mines the 1200 watt thing, i went through 3 subs

im so glad i got a warranty, gain turned up to the max and bridged

i rocked haha

what makes it worse is its now powering one of those 3,000 watt pioneer things and hasnt skipped a beat

i was so gullable and loved max power at the time lol

thank fuck ive been reading post from dave, scott and guy on talk audio/ ssc

ill wait for them to blow before i upgrade as it does a job and ive got more important things to spend my cash on
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 23:50   #23
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Im finding it difficult to pin anything down here. Heard to many different installs over the years to really say as each could potentially have its best.

I wouldnt have rated vibe much until skin heads old saxo nearly compressed my eyeballs with its 10/12 10" in a wall, but again that was more down to application.

Personally I havent heard a sub that can do much better in all aspects and excel in all aspects as the re audio XXX, hence why i own one. W6's were very nice to and for the cost ratio i would have them over W7's.

Havent had much of a chance to listen to some diamond subs for any length of time but have ALWAYS been highly highly recommeneded particularly for SQ.

Amps, I dont give a toss what it is, if the specs match up to the tech specs of the building of the amp then its good. I.e. none of this loudest.com pish that claims to be 8000W but only has a fuse rating of 90amp

Comps again are to personal to say which is best. I chose my DLS R6a's due to there laid back tweeters, others like sharper others like softer etc... Just get a listen to as much as you can.

Headunits, used just about all brands and my favourite still remains my old alpine cant remember it but it was right up there with the old pioneer solid face one, though i didnt own the pioneer so cant rule it out as the specs on it were pretty damn good. Wouldnt ever touch a sony ever ever ever again in any car audio. I dont like kenwoods headunits purely because the menu system pisses me off

Having been there with the mega loud rear shelf speakers and more speakers than was needed many years ago to what i run today i would never return to what i had previously. My personal preference though

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 00:27   #24
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
you would say that jay lol, mine used to cut out on big bass on the sub was crap
A good amp makes so much difference to the actual quality of the bass. It doesn't actually make the sub sound deeper it just hits so much cleaner and tighter. You get what you pay for, a 200 watt Alpine V12 amp will sound cleaner and louder than an 800 watt Ratho amp! probably similar prices rrp. Plus the speakers will get an healthier signal that won't destroy them.
RS_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 00:30   #25
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

yeah i now have a phoenix gold and alpine v12 amp, used to have a tiny v12 before and really cant fault them there bulletproof and sound sooooo good

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 09:08   #26
RS_Matt
Established Member

RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe 500 watt T707 v12 amps go for as little as £50 on ebay, wish I had 2 preouts, the model up, 747 I think, has a fan and line-through but goes for a little bit more, and they aren't listed as often.
Old 9th March 2007, 09:25   #27
jacko18
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vtr R reg dark grey
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
jacko18 will become famous soon enough

Pheonix gold is supreme so is the top of the range alpine gear!
jacko18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 15:47   #28
brianS
Established Member
South East Region Member

brianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nicebrianS is just really nice

all the following is my opinion on whats "best" (although thats quite an odd choice of word since its all just personal opinion from experience really),

Head Units

Denon
Rockford Fosgate ( pre 1999 )
Nakamichi
McIntosh

Speakers

McIntosh
Soundstream (pre 2003)
Rainbow
Boston
JL Audio (although if it hasnt the silk tweeter they are quite bright)
Seas Lotus (amazing aluminium cones that have the warmth of paper ones)
Dls
Dynaudio (a pain to install but my personal favorite)
Focal

Amps:
Rockford Fosgate (when the first had the punch range)
Soundstream
Pheonix Gold
Genesis
Butler Audio (tube amps ala Home audio)

Subs

JL Audio
Resonant Engineering
Digital Designs
Soundstream (the perfect range was just that)
Old 9th March 2007, 16:26   #29
mattcp
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

mattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud ofmattc has much to be proud of

got my system done at World of Ice in colchester. One of the best places if not the best in the country do to sound systems. John in their his golf was the loudest car in europe, mk3 golf... anyways its not anymore as world of ice where he works beat the world record with just 1 sub.... he was telling me that one time they were showing it off and they got told off by the police, the complaint came from about 8 miles away.... anyways he told me the name of the company of what he defines as the best make of sub ever but I can't remember it.... but for anyone interested in what i just pointlessly said he said he is going to be at near enough every show this year, including donny north... so look out for world of ice and their benz vito van later this year its more than impressive...
Old 9th March 2007, 16:44   #30
RS_Matt
Established Member

Cerwin Vega stroker aren't bad subs either when wanting to go loud!

Think a red (fire engine type?) van used to be full of them that kicked out 152db on the db scene a few years back.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 9th March 2007 at 16:48.
Old 9th March 2007, 16:58   #31
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

I use a Stealth Sub and Rockford Rosgate Speakers. Best ive tried i reckon. Amp is infinity
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 19:59   #32
mehmeh
Regular Poster

mehmeh will become famous soon enoughmehmeh will become famous soon enough

So many of the best names are missing from this thread...

I always find it interesting how people's music tastes vary. For instance the RE XXX v1 are really highly rated for subs yet for some reason they really don't do anything for me. Sure they're excellent subs but compared to some others I've heard they are over-rated, or maybe the others are just seriously under-rated? I've a date in my diary to hear the v2 though so all is not lost yet .

Subs; different ones are better in different types of install and for different tastes.
You could never ever say what the best manufacturer is, even if you limit it to a product type. I would have trouble making a list of my top 3 brands for each of speakers/amps/subs/HU, just for my personal, current music taste.

Last edited by mehmeh; 9th March 2007 at 20:01.
mehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 20:09   #33
Saxoladlesta
Established Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST
Saxoladlesta has a spectacular aura aboutSaxoladlesta has a spectacular aura aboutSaxoladlesta has a spectacular aura about

Audison amps are top quality.

The "Top" Brands have already been mentioned.

Audison/Rainbow/Hertz/Genesis are very high quality
Saxoladlesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 20:39   #34
mehmeh
Regular Poster

mehmeh will become famous soon enoughmehmeh will become famous soon enough

I would have to completely disagree there. Those are good brands listed but way over half of them are by no means the best.
It does depend what we're talking about though, I'm talking the best with respect to SQ and quality. Value for money is a completely different bucket as audio is very much a case of diminishing returns as you go up the scale.
mehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 15:34   #35
CSVTR
Regular Poster

Car(s): '01 1.8T Audi S3
CSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team member

This thread should have been made "Best ICE Brands that the majority can afford". There are brands such as Sinfoni that most can only dream of owning. I've also noticed that not a single mention has been made in favour of one of my favourite brands... DLS.

Two more slightly unknown, but good brands are SEAS Lotus and for great SQ subs, ID (Image Dynamics).
CSVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 15:56   #36
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSVTR View Post
I've also noticed that not a single mention has been made in favour of one of my favourite brands... DLS.
Read again mate i own some and mentioned them and im sure brian did as well

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 10th March 2007, 15:58   #37
RS_Matt
Established Member

Blaupunkt have made some products off note too.
Old 10th March 2007, 18:13   #38
CSVTR
Regular Poster

Car(s): '01 1.8T Audi S3
CSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team member

Quote:
Read again mate i own some and mentioned them and im sure brian did as well
My apologies, must have missed/skimmed the posts.
CSVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 18:46   #39
chris27
L-plater

Car(s): Mk 1 Westy
chris27 is on a distinguished road

has anyone mentioned audiobahn?
chris27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 18:57   #40
Scottp
Administrator

no because to be frank its rubbish.