Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 13th January 2016, 12:33   #81
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCrazyOne View Post
Not to set you back or anything as seeing after you ripped the plastics off and fitted new side wing you might want to check the following for rot and strongly advised as will take a few min of time to check and id advise with the rot you already found on it to check over the mas their a common fault design with the inner mud guard and shield.. Where your ECU is sitting on the tray theirs 3 bolts that screw in remove them and that tray will remove and come off. On the fuse bx side the fuses that are in a cluster will click in place and theirs a screw under it and also a screw towards bottom

Under my ECU full of rot, and pretty much same on fuse box side.

Is what I found on mine and just had plates welded and done both sides.
Thanks for the advice. We did a quick sweep of all the usual places, boot floor, rear arches, bottom of the doors etc. when we bought the car, and they all seemed fine. We didn’t check the ECU which is probably worth doing, like you say. We’ve been slowly undersealing the car when we’ve had panels or parts off, to prevent further problems. But I think long term we may need a bit of welding done, just to cover ourselves.

Quote:
And to your question

Happens a lot as drivers seat gets used a lot more than passenger and often than not starts getting flimsy and if seats been changed not tightened back up or gets a bit of play in it or over tightend they brake down so they get welded up and made secure again.
Yeah it’s a bit of a strange one. I’ve never seen it before, however when we first picked the car up it had been fitted with a grey leather interior, so it may of happened then. I was more concerned if the car had been in an accident.
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 01:48   #82
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Car(s): JuliustoogyJD
DaCrazyOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
Thanks for the advice. We did a quick sweep of all the usual places, boot floor, rear arches, bottom of the doors etc. when we bought the car, and they all seemed fine. We didn’t check the ECU which is probably worth doing, like you say. We’ve been slowly undersealing the car when we’ve had panels or parts off, to prevent further problems. But I think long term we may need a bit of welding done, just to cover ourselves.

Yeah it’s a bit of a strange one. I’ve never seen it before, however when we first picked the car up it had been fitted with a grey leather interior, so it may of happened then. I was more concerned if the car had been in an accident.
Sounds more like interior was not made secure in the first place when swiping original out and back and forth. First few things I started with was stripping down interior and ticking bits off that I had done. Still got a fair bit to do and now got Headliner being sloppy and insecure in central section and near sunroof. So need work out how to re secure that up. Then think it is car detailing getting scratches and small dint's out and get a cordless buffer machine and get a 3 stage polish on the go.

Last edited by DaCrazyOne; 17th January 2016 at 01:55.
DaCrazyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 12:09   #83
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Sounds more like interior was not made secure in the first place when swiping original out and back and forth. First few things I started with was stripping down interior and ticking bits off that I had done. Still got a fair bit to do and now got Headliner being sloppy and insecure in central section and near sunroof. So need work out how to re secure that up. Then think it is car detailing getting scratches and small dint's out and get a cordless buffer machine and get a 3 stage polish on the go.
We used some spray on fabric glue to stick the carpet back down in the footwells. It worked a treat. It might be worth using the same on your roof lining.
Old 19th January 2016, 23:10   #84
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Over the Christmas period we fitted the driver’s side wishbone and prepared the car for its MOT. We also thought that the silver wing on an icelandic car looked too bodged and unintended, so we removed the silver arch trim and Nathan resprayed the wing bright pink - so at least it will look unique.

Last edited by Stissy; 21st May 2018 at 21:11.
Old 20th January 2016, 00:19   #85
DaCrazyOne
Frequent Poster

Car(s): JuliustoogyJD
DaCrazyOne is on a distinguished road

Nice work the wing ;-)

Is that your own unit for doing respray work or place local to you who does work on car body work? If so you guys do full resprays or custom paint jobs?
DaCrazyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 12:03   #86
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Nice work the wing ;-)

Is that your own unit for doing respray work or place local to you who does work on car body work? If so you guys do full resprays or custom paint jobs?
I’ll send you a message mate.
Old 20th January 2016, 12:27   #87
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We also thought that the silver wing on an icelandic car looked too bodged and unintended, so we removed the silver arch trim and Nathan resprayed the wing bright pink
I'm having a hard time trying to understand the logic here!
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 13:04   #88
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizanthapus View Post
I'm having a hard time trying to understand the logic here!
Pink > Silver I guess.

Last edited by Stissy; 31st January 2016 at 15:33.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stissy For This Useful Post:
Old 20th January 2016, 15:03   #89
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Range Rover Sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
deano_123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pink > Silver I guess.
Icelandic > Everything

?
Old 20th January 2016, 15:42   #90
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_123 View Post
Icelandic > Everything

?
Mauritius > all other Saxo colours
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 17:44   #91
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

We fitted a silver wing because that’s all we had lying around at the time. The wing we fitted was scratched and covered in tigerseal so we never planned to keep it like that. We decided to sand it down and spray it, just to tidy it up a bit and make it look more intentional – rather than having a battered silver wing bolted to an icelandic car.
Old 30th January 2016, 12:12   #92
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

To tidy the car up. The bracket which holds the left hand side of the backbox to the car was rusty and loose. So we removed the bracket completely and drilled two holes in the boot floor, we then fed an eye bolt up from the exhaust and secured it in the boot. At the moment we only have one bolt fitted, but we’re planning to fit another one behind it and space them with an exhaust rubber.

Old bracket:

New temporary bracket:

Last edited by Stissy; 21st May 2018 at 21:14.
Old 15th February 2016, 20:08   #93
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Minor update. Our homemade seat frames sat a little high, so we picked up some proper OMP subframes from adam661 and remounted the seats. The buckets now sit much lower and no longer hit the roof of the car when tilted forward.

Whilst we had the seats out, we taped over the airbag sensors, which we had previously fitted with a 2 ohm resistor to prevent the airbag light coming on, since the standard seats had been removed.

At the same time, we fitted the exhaust eyebolts to make a bracket, and tightened them up so the exhaust sits right.

With the buckets properly fitted, we were then able to mount the harnesses permanently, and refit rear bench. It’s practically impossible to get in and out of the rear with the harnesses in the way, but we don’t expect the rear seats will be used much, we only really need them for one day.

We fitted the pink wing a couple of weeks back but didn’t get any pictures of it. So here it is:

All that’s left on our to-do list for this car is fit the audio, fit wheels, lower and tidy up any bits we’ve left unfinished. Then we can start on car 2, the Gavin and Stacey VTS.

Last edited by Stissy; 21st May 2018 at 21:19.
Old 18th February 2016, 20:42   #94
Dennissat

Dennissat is on a distinguished road
Default Project Wedding Sax

My 03 Dakota was used in my wedding too but there wasnt any photos with it and my guys though. There are a couple pictures with my father-in-law and bride getting out of my truck and walking down the sidewalk but thats about it.

Truck looks great
Dennissat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:15   #95
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

New wheels.

(Picture host down - will sort soon).

Last edited by Stissy; 21st May 2018 at 21:20.
Old 23rd February 2016, 04:35   #96
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

Project stil coming along great I see.
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 14:03   #97
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Due to work and social commitments we have had little time to work on the Saxo’s lately, however we have now purchased car #3.

The car actually belonged to Nathan's dad, who has owned it as a runaround for only a few months. During the first month of ownership the fly catch failed causing the bonnet to lift and smash in to the roof whilst driving. After having a new windscreen, bonnet and roof skin, the car was put through its MOT. Then, after only a few days on the road the car was involved in an accident.

We’ve known about this car for a while but had to wait for the insurance company to sort their end before taking collection. The car has done 70k miles and comes with a couple of modifications including Team HEKO wind deflectors and a Hoffman exhaust system.

Because we haven’t used the other two cars much over winter, both of the batteries have died. So we borrowed the battery from the new VTR to get the other two cars running.

Last edited by Stissy; 21st May 2018 at 21:22.
Old 13th March 2016, 01:16   #98
BUMMERS
Regular Poster
North West Region Member

BUMMERS is on a distinguished road

Loving this, just read it from start to finish! You've got me curious though, how much did you pay for the gavin & stacey saxo?
BUMMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2016, 11:09   #99
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMMERS View Post
Loving this, just read it from start to finish! You've got me curious though, how much did you pay for the gavin & stacey saxo?
Cheers mate. In answer to your question, a lot. After the wedding we're going to fully overhaul the car and put it back up for sale. Hopefully we can get back what we paid.
Old 14th March 2016, 14:27   #100
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We fitted a silver wing because that’s all we had lying around at the time. The wing we fitted was scratched and covered in tigerseal so we never planned to keep it like that. We decided to sand it down and spray it, just to tidy it up a bit and make it look more intentional – rather than having a battered silver wing bolted to an icelandic car.
And you couldn't spray it icelandic as you didn't want a 50-shades-of-prickle car presumably