Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices

Old 16th February 2014, 20:03   #1
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold
Default help replacing iphone 4s screen

Hi all, I have just got hold of an iphone 4s that needs a new screen. Now I am quite handy fixing things so it won't have a problem changing the screen but my question is which screen and where to get it from. I have looked on ebay but they all look good untill you read there feedback and people say the quality is not good ect.
Have you changed yours and what screen, site or seller did you use.
Old 16th February 2014, 20:26   #2
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

get your bird to dress sexy, send her to the apple store with the phone, bingo bango, new phone gratis!
Old 16th February 2014, 21:16   #3
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

Lol it is very slightly fucked. I dont think I can get her to claim that it just imploded in for small very soft hand. But thanks for the slightly useless advice.
Old 17th February 2014, 00:34   #4
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore

my point was that they can waiver repair charges

and I was suggesting that she could woo one of their nerd staff with her woman parts
Old 17th February 2014, 13:11   #5
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

I didn't know they could waive the charge. As I bought it second hand I think I would have problems with that but thanks and yes she has been known to get her own way with her lovely lady lumps sounds like you've met, come to think about it I think all woman play that card when needs must. I ordered a new front and back screen last night so fingers crossed the screen is a good one lol.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:46   #6
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Go into an Apple store, tell them the top button is broken, the one that locks the phone.. Say sometimes it just won't lock, some days it works, some it doesn't.. They replace the phone for free if the top button is broken.. Well, replace it with a reconditioned one!

Doesn't matter if you got it second hand.. You don't need your receipt! Just tell em you got it new, and if they mention the screen, say it's been broken for ages and doesn't really bother you, you are just really getting frustrated with the top button been broken!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 15:56   #7
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Go into an Apple store, tell them the top button is broken, the one that locks the phone.. Say sometimes it just won't lock, some days it works, some it doesn't.. They replace the phone for free if the top button is broken.. Well, replace it with a reconditioned one!

Doesn't matter if you got it second hand.. You don't need your receipt! Just tell em you got it new, and if they mention the screen, say it's been broken for ages and doesn't really bother you, you are just really getting frustrated with the top button been broken!
Really????
Old 17th February 2014, 16:41   #8
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
Really????
Really Really. It's a known fault with iPhones.. So they replace it there and then usually.. One of my friends does it every time his contract is due for renewal every year.. Takes his old phone back, has it swapped out for a new reconditioned one, and then sells it on ebay for loads more than it would be for his old one.. He's got one for free, 3 times now!

Old 17th February 2014, 19:26   #9
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thanks Smiith its worth a shot. Will let you know how I get on.
Old 17th February 2014, 19:26   #10
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

I've tried that and they had none of it, apple are bastards wouldn't even honour the missus warranty after it ran out due to them not having enough slots at the Genius Bar.
Ended up fixing my old one myself and flogging the phone at cex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 19:29   #11
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Really Really. It's a known fault with iPhones.. So they replace it there and then usually.. One of my friends does it every time his contract is due for renewal every year.. Takes his old phone back, has it swapped out for a new reconditioned one, and then sells it on ebay for loads more than it would be for his old one.. He's got one for free, 3 times now!
well that's a lie!

"friends"

hah!
Old 23rd March 2014, 17:25   #12
Akay

Akay is on a distinguished road

Just get a phone unlocking shop to do it, nightmare to swap, but can be done if you stick at it. Make sure you get a screen with the digitizer as the cheap replacements dont, and its a false economy as they need to be bonded.
Akay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 18:17   #13
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
well that's a lie!

"friends"

hah!
I've done it myself at the metro center between telling you that, and now..