Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 30th March 2017, 06:51   #21
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Looks like a nice little project those seats though! Omg lol should clean up with a wet vac
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 12:57   #22
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

I’ve always fancied restoring an S2 Rallye. Subscribed for interest.
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 15:33   #23
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Wee bit more progress today. Started chiselling off the underseal underneath the boot floor- thats if you can even call it that, its thin and shitty. Underskitters. Anyway, chiselled most of that off and it hasnt been doing its job too well, there are various areas where moisture has leeched underneath it and started rusting. Luckily its just surface rust so some clean and strip discs have been ordered, similar to these

http://www.rightlines.co.uk/Stripping-Discs.aspx

Theyre like big scotch pads, will hammer off any surface rust, paint etc but leave the surface underneath largely intact. Theyll gum up with underseal though, so just as well Im stripping that all off.

Also ordered some Gravitex, which is essentially the 1k version of the Raptor I bought. Goes on nicely with a Schutz gun and should give a fairly factory finish. Ill use some Dinitrol ML as a base coat as it has high adhesion and contains rust inhibitors so should keep the car in good nick for a long time!

Still need to find some rear arch liners though, which are MURDER to find for a Gti/Rallye/Quiksilver
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 17:43   #24
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

All the welding works now done! Undercoated with epoxy mastic, chassis rails/box section done with Dinitrol ML. Today Ive been spraying on the Gravitex, which seems to give a really good factory style finish. Just a shame Im gassing the house to fuck with the smell...

Need a couple of heavier coats hence the dirtiness, just didnt want to go balls out on first coat.
Old 10th April 2017, 17:43   #25
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Double post.
Old 10th April 2017, 19:26   #26
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Nice mate top work
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 15:50   #27
RobVT
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
RobVT is on a distinguished road

nice mate
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:41   #28
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Have you still got this? How are you getting on?
Old 3rd January 2018, 19:02   #29
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Jeez, I forgot about this. Yep, Rallyes all nearly done after a ridiculous amount of welding/panel replacement, new parts and general sorting out issues the previous owners had caused. Will update with some pictures later
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 3rd January 2018, 20:57   #30
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
Jeez, I forgot about this. Yep, Rallyes all nearly done after a ridiculous amount of welding/panel replacement, new parts and general sorting out issues the previous owners had caused. Will update with some pictures later
Good man. Glad to hear it .
Old 4th January 2018, 10:43   #31
Synister
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 Rallye
Synister is on a distinguished road

How the hell did you manage to order new rallye steels? I've rang everywhere in the country looking for a set of s1's
Synister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 12:06   #32
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

They were on back order at the factory; asked my dealer he said a couple of weeks nd then they turned up

I just checked Peugeots doc service, looks like theyre NFP, so no further production. That said, there may still be some available, just need to find a dealer who doesnt mind checking stock elsewhere. My dealer turned up bits I needed lurking in dealers in Netherlands and Germany
Old 4th January 2018, 14:30   #33
Synister
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 Rallye
Synister is on a distinguished road

Aye the S1 and S2 are all NFP according to servicebox, I was ringing around to see if they had old stock anywhere but from what I remember Mark from 106parts rang around all the dealers buying up old rallye stock.
Synister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 15:10   #34
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Theres a surprise. People should just tell 106parts to fuck off, always been price gouging shite.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 5th January 2018, 00:20   #35
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

So many things were wrong with this Ive probably forgotten loads, but the ones that spring to mind are: washer jet pipe pushed on the fuel rail as fuel hose (oblivious, I drove it like this! I couldn't see it as its under the plenum); upside down engine mount; lower torque link finger tight; nearside gearbox mount bolted on with one of three studs/nuts; a brake reservoir cap on the radiator; the dashboard held in with one nut top and bottom; the worst timing belt tensioner Ive ever seen, how it never fell apart I don't know.

Anyway.

Managed to source a S2 Rallye carpet from a breaker. Seemed in nice condition, but its pretty minging when you think whats actually in the carpet day to day. Jobby water!

The Rallye has a dedicated space saver as standard, so I thought in for a penny, in for a pound and had it powder coated. Its an affront to the eyes, but fuck it, its original!

Gave the seats a wee spruce up too, and they kind of needed it. I'll give them a proper wet vac soon but theyre far better already.

Made a wee makeshift baking booth when spraying the Gravitex as I didn't fancy it firing everywhere. Also meant I could pap a wee heater in to take the chill off it and dry it out a bit quicker.

Its ultra labour intensive to strip down the whole underside and redo all the coating on it, but it looks amazing and should be rust proof for a very long time]]

I took one of the wheels out the box for a wee looky, and to size one upp on the car. Projects always get a wee boost when you try the interior or wheels on them. Should look pretty beezer I think.

I managed to fluke a buy on ebay: checked on a whim for tyres and someone had four brand new Uniroyals in the correct 175/60/14 size for a mere £70. Ill get them fitted soon.

The car had rosejointed linkages on when I took ownership of it - just remembered, these were fitted incorrectly, behind the bellcrank and arms, wtaf - but I don't like the premise of them, Id rather have the bit of tolerance that standard linkages offer with nylon bushings. Had a wee test of the car and it was murder to get gears. Decided it was probably going to be worth stripping the box to see what state it was in.

126k in and it was pretty pumped; 1-3rd baulk rings were FUCKED, with 4th not much better. 5th gear has a bit of wear, going by the wear on the teeth either dragged about in 5th at 20mph or has spent a cunt of a time in 5th on the mway. The previous owner had fitted a pair of new diff seals, which was nice...but he fitted them backwards.

In the end, 4 new genuine Peugeot baulk rings, and a replacement pinion shaft bottom bearing and input shaft front bearing were the bits required. Pretty glad I did it, as the box had clearly been apart before (by a fucking idiot going by the missing/snapped casing bolts and lack of decent sealant) and the input shaft bearing would have shat itself entirely soon enough.

Got a standard tape deck too from a scrappy, which the previous owner had handily written the code for on the back of. With the rest of the standard crap inside it looks pretty basic and underwhelming, but that's half the fun surely.

Still have a few wee bits and pieces to source, such as screws for the armrests, new number plates etc, but for all intents and purposes its just about done. I need to tweak the hinges for the bonnet too as its way off just now and makes it look shite. Once that's sorted Ill stick the new Rallye decals on.

Last edited by Gabbastard; 5th January 2018 at 00:29.
Old 5th January 2018, 02:35   #36
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

It's no VTS trolol
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prickle For This Useful Post:
Old 16th June 2018, 19:28   #37
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Nice to see an S2 being restored, always thought they deserved more love
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2018, 11:50   #38
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
Nice to see an S2 being restored, always thought they deserved more love
The Bianca S2 is definitely the best looking Rallye .
Old 8th January 2022, 15:13   #39
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

15k this now