Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd June 2009, 00:52   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default The Saxperience Community Rules have been updated.

The Saxperience Community rules have been due an update for quite some time and whilst many members have been able to abide by the new ways of interacting, which have now become custom and practice, other members have not been so switched on.

So, an official update to the community rules and guidelines has now been implemented. As ever, these guidelines may be changed / updated at any time.

You can view the forum rules / guidelines via a number of ways. (Take note for future reference).

1. When a new user account is registered, you will be asked to read the forum rules and tick, to say that you agree to abide by these rules.

2. By viewing the announcement pinned at the top of each and every forum.

3. By clicking the 'Terms of Service' link at the bottom right hand corner of all forum pages.

4. By clicking the 'forum rules' link, shown at the bottom left of forum-view and post-view pages.

As ever, if you have any constructive feedback, please lets hear it. Particularly if you feel the community would benefit from adding additional detail to some aspect of these guidelines.

Thanks
Simo

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Old 24th June 2009, 21:37   #2
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

A few people have had some comments and queries about the updated community guidelines. Please discuss these within this thread, so that other people can learn from your/staff feedback.

Thanks
Simo

Quote:
Old 24th June 2009, 21:44   #3
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

some good updated rules....

Nice one Simon...
Old 24th June 2009, 22:10   #4
Matt67
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1.6 16v C2 GT
Matt67 will become famous soon enough

Maybe you should get existing members to tick these boxes aswell.

Maybe do a test to see if they actually read the tos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
hold up.
you can get penis enlargements off the NHS?!?!?
Old 24th June 2009, 22:11   #5
Simop
Administrator

Yeah, Im thinking of implementing a force-read of the rules...

Quote:
Old 24th June 2009, 22:15   #6
Matt67
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1.6 16v C2 GT
Matt67 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Yeah, Im thinking of implementing a force-read of the rules...
Seriously? Like an iniciation process?

Might become a bit of an elitest forum rather than public forum though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
hold up.
you can get penis enlargements off the NHS?!?!?
Old 24th June 2009, 22:22   #7
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt67 View Post
Seriously? Like an iniciation process?

Might become a bit of an elitest forum rather than public forum though?
No, lol... a simple message that comes on the screen first time you login (only appears once) and says click here to confirm you have re-read the rules.

Quote:
Old 24th June 2009, 22:22   #8
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Nice to see a 'major' update.

I still think the n00bs need to go through a trial period before they have full access. Ive noticed (and others) that the latest influx seem to have zero-grammar skills and have typos in all posts.

Admittidly, Ive never read the ToS on any site as they are blah blah blah and go on forever. Whenever I see them, I just check the box and continue. If I get banned, I have no complaints as I 'agreed' to the ToS.

The rules are just common sense, although the spam and abuse rules are grey areas imo. Seen a few posts tonight that would be seen as offensive by the PC brigade but not as others.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:23   #9
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris261287 View Post
Nice to see a 'major' update.

I still think the n00bs need to go through a trial period before they have full access. Ive noticed (and others) that the latest influx seem to have zero-grammar skills and have typos in all posts.

Admittidly, Ive never read the ToS on any site as they are blah blah blah and go on forever. Whenever I see them, I just check the box and continue. If I get banned, I have no complaints as I 'agreed' to the ToS.

The rules are just common sense, although the spam and abuse rules are grey areas imo. Seen a few posts tonight that would be seen as offensive by the PC brigade but not as others.
Life is full of grey areas, I'm a great believer in this. Many things are open to personal interpretation, but usually common sense wins

Quote:
Old 24th June 2009, 22:27   #10
Chr15
Saxperience Addict

Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

So its down to the discretion of the mods? Im cool with that.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:28   #11
swampy
Banned
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 38 (100%)
swampy is on a distinguished road

So reading that the vts engine bay bolts, group a hub nuts and uprated pinch bolts that i had advertised should of being allowed to stay rather than being deleated?
These are all product lines i have investigated and researchd and that have no connection to any company?
Can i re write them then?
Old 24th June 2009, 22:36   #12
goodall3518
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTw ?
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
goodall3518 is on a distinguished road

I think more needs to be done about Spam... i've seen a number of threads now since your previous thread on the problem which are kept open and Mods seem to allow it to run its course...?

I mean i can understand if it was interesting, but its just random shit. And it makes the forum less enjoyable to read if we have to sift through pointless posts.

Other than that, good idea about force reading rules though.!
Wouldnt particularly want to have to keep confirming im not a n00b everytime i enter the site though...

Spec : Lowered 60mm - Scorpion 4" Backbox - Supersprint Race Section - Devil 4 2 1 Manifold - PiperCross X Induction -
Old 24th June 2009, 22:41   #13
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
No, lol... a simple message that comes on the screen first time you login (only appears once) and says click here to confirm you have re-read the rules.
TBH while a great idea it sure is, in this day and age, you are inundated with t&c's, rules and procedures etc etc etc

Who ever reads them? i sure as hell dont, i dont have time to.

I unless its just a form filling exercise i doubt people will read it.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:46   #14
Chr15
Saxperience Addict

Idea - A random rule should be on screen somewhere either just above the 'Quick Reply' box or just above the first reply on the page.

Then the n00bs shouldnt fail to know them. After a certain level of activity, the rules should then disappear ie 500 posts or something daft.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:46   #15
Simop
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
So reading that the vts engine bay bolts, group a hub nuts and uprated pinch bolts that i had advertised should of being allowed to stay rather than being deleated?
These are all product lines i have investigated and researchd and that have no connection to any company?
I dont have any knowledge of the threads, which you have had removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
TBH while a great idea it sure is, in this day and age, you are inundated with t&c's, rules and procedures etc etc etc

Who ever reads them? i sure as hell dont, i dont have time to.

I unless its just a form filling exercise i doubt people will read it.
When you registered your user account you agreed to be bound by the terms of use and it is also stated that terms can be changed at any time. So it doesnt particularly matter whether you choose to read or not, as long as you abide by the guidelines and do not grumble when you are pulled-up if you do not follow them. The click to re-confirm would act as a reminder that terms have changed, nothing more...

Quote:
Old 24th June 2009, 22:49   #16
dj_russell
Established Member

Car(s): 400bhp build gt4
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
dj_russell is on a distinguished road

think those rules are quite fair tbh. just read them all.

XBOX LIVE ADDY:djrussell69
Old 24th June 2009, 22:53   #17
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
When you registered your user account you agreed to be bound by the terms of use and it is also stated that terms can be changed at any time. So it doesnt particularly matter whether you choose to read or not, as long as you abide by the guidelines and do not grumble when you are pulled-up if you do not follow them. The click to re-confirm would act as a reminder that terms have changed, nothing more...
im guna assume if you dont act like a tard you will be fine, that rule hasnt let me down yet
Old 25th June 2009, 01:07   #18
VtsTom
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk4 Anniversary golf. 106 Quiksallye
VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!VtsTom is as cool as a cucumber!

Theres a few sites that i use which have the same newbie rule. Your first post MUST be a newbie introduction thread before you use any of the site. Lots of hassel to set up though...
Old 25th June 2009, 09:01   #19
de51_Hodgey
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Black Flat arch & White Vtr
de51_Hodgey is on a distinguished road

tbh i never looked at them when i first joined and just basically got to know the rules through the sax-p community i.e. talking to other members.

i have know looked at the rules after nearly 7 months of membership

oh and the force read kind of thing sounds a good idea.

Progress Clicky
Old 25th June 2009, 11:22   #20
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
Selling products on is trading. Especially when they are items being sold multiple times.