Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 21st August 2008, 07:59   #1
DJjuveVTS
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 GTI
DJjuveVTS is infamous around these parts
Default Fitting alternator belt

ok so i had the walkthrough someone gave me, but i couldnt get into the tensioner because of the chassis? what am i doing wrong, said it was simple but couldnt get near it as the space to work with is only about 13 mm
DJjuveVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 08:28   #2
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

you can normally get it. if not undo the top engine mount and lower the engine down a little on a jack.
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 10:33   #3
VTS123
Regular Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS
VTS123 will become famous soon enoughVTS123 will become famous soon enough

It is easy. There is no need to drop the engine!

loosen the two 13mm bolts that will allow movement adjustment of the tensioner, then fully retract the tensioner using a 5mm allen key from below. Manouvre the belt around the pulleys - this can be a bit tricky as there isn't much space and sometimes the new belt will be a bit too short to fit with the tensioner still in place but it can be done. When in place, tension up (needs to be quite tight or it will slip) and retighten the two 13mm bolts loosened earlier.

If you are really struggling, a garage would put in on in less than 5 mins or for the price of a beer!
VTS123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 11:34   #4
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

i no there is no need, thats why i said you cna normally get to it. but why pay to take it to a garage when loosening the engine mount bolts will give you the room you need?
Old 21st August 2008, 11:49   #5
renagademaster4
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): saxo vts , saxo vts , jeep cherokee
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
renagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to behold

best to remove the drivers side wheel and the plastic arch liner lie under the car n u'll see the bottom 13mm bolt , top one on top put a spanner between the belt and the engine u should get it no probs
renagademaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 11:54   #6
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

jack up the car and remove front wheel, plenty of room, and it takes around 5 minutes to do.. just make sure the tension is correct, (should be able to turn the belt on the longest run 1/4 of a turn after the engine is rotated 2 times by hand)
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 12:27   #7
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I just normally turn a section side on, slide it past the crank pulley, and then do the same with the alt pulley. I pull it up by reaching down into the engine bay when standing over it.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2008, 12:55   #8
renagademaster4
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

renagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to behold

Few pix below that might help if u cant see what bolts to loosen
(the 2 13mm's marked in red)

The Following User Says Thank You to renagademaster4 For This Useful Post:
Old 21st August 2008, 16:51   #9
DJjuveVTS
Regular Poster

ahh wicked mate! those pictures help alot! didnt really know what i was lookin for haha cheers man repped
Old 21st August 2008, 16:53   #10
DJjuveVTS
Regular Poster

thats a clean lookin engine on 2nd photo
Old 21st August 2008, 23:43   #11
renagademaster4
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJjuveVTS View Post
thats a clean lookin engine on 2nd photo
It sure is , wish it was mine , was a pix i had on my pc , just used it to show the bolts , am sure its sumbodys on here
Old 22nd August 2008, 08:42   #12
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

is it not jp's? he has them bodies.
Old 26th September 2008, 21:52   #13
rejimbo
L-plater

rejimbo is on a distinguished road

hey guys, on the pic, the top bolt in red has completely stripped and i cant get to it easily cus of the bulkhead. i dont no how to get it out as i cant drill it and mole grips just spin
cheers
rejimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 23:47   #14
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

all i did well my dad did was bend a little of the metal to the the top alternator bolt out, its easy job, i was going to a guide on it but wasnt sure it there was already 1
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote