Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 17th October 2014, 13:33   #21
RobVT
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
RobVT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
For a decent spec PC you're looking at a good couple K easily. Expensive game to keep ontop on.

Lad on FB (Jessop) had one specced up at 3.5k and thats before the monitors etc etc.
Yeah because Jessop is a bumder and has to buy everything, latest graphics cards also he would be pricing up a 4k resolution set up which is brand new and mega money, which will come down in price as it gets older

You can build a decent one (which i did) at £750 also games are cheaper overall, so over a 5 year generation the prices on PC vs Console even out. (console + games/PC + games)

I'm not saying pc is better but i play both and certain games i play on pc and the rest is console. i was a pc gamer before i was a console gamer

Last edited by RobVT; 17th October 2014 at 13:36.
RobVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 13:56   #22
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVT View Post
I'm not saying pc is better but i play both and certain games i play on pc and the rest is console. i was a pc gamer before i was a console gamer
Same as me.. Used to have sega megadrive, ps1, ps2, but wouldn't consider myself a gamer.. Where as i was playing counter-strike and unreal tournament online with 56k connection well before the 360 came out and opened up console online gaming properly...

Then again, i could never imagine myself playing a racing game on the PC, nor something like fifa.. But for stuff like battlefield and counterstrike and stuff, i can see why people like PC gaming..

Just as i said.. I'd rather pay £350 and get a console and it last 8 years like the 360 did, than spend £750 on a PC, then need to upgrade it again in 3 years and spend another £500..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 14:01   #23
RobVT
Established Member

I'm a quake 2 player at heart but i made the crossover to CS when cs.13 was out hooked on first person shooters since
Old 17th October 2014, 14:17   #24
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I won a LAN at Marton called BadLanRising when i was about 16, playing Counter-Strike haha

Old 17th October 2014, 14:36   #25
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

team fortress for quake got me started, then action quake 2. Counter strike was the call of duty of its day really, people used to get so anal about it running it with the graphics turned right down so it had really plain textures and modifying various scripts or stuff in the console to get that 0.00001 of an extra nano second advantage over the other players as on 56k every little helped.
I remember going to a LAN at a local hotel too and beating some proper smelly old nerds at counter strike. After that my mates and I went to a huge tournament up in Nottingham thinking we were the absolute dogs bollocks at it, we'll win hands down.
Got totally demolished in the first round almost instantly and spent the next 9 hours doing fuck all waiting for a ride home. LOL
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 14:53   #26
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I used to play Kingpin on the PC online. Was a pretty.decent shooter, but the best bit was that if you looked at someone and hit x, your character would shout sweary insults or threats, was funny playing a round and just hearing loads of characters wearing their heads off, gunfire, then seeing a guy gettin whapped to death with a wrench or pipe.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 15:22   #27
RobVT
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
I won a LAN at Marton called BadLanRising when i was about 16, playing Counter-Strike haha
I remember the days of BLR, was in a clan called SQS
Old 17th October 2014, 16:33   #28
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
team fortress for quake got me started, then action quake 2. Counter strike was the call of duty of its day really, people used to get so anal about it running it with the graphics turned right down so it had really plain textures and modifying various scripts or stuff in the console to get that 0.00001 of an extra nano second advantage over the other players as on 56k every little helped.
I remember going to a LAN at a local hotel too and beating some proper smelly old nerds at counter strike. After that my mates and I went to a huge tournament up in Nottingham thinking we were the absolute dogs bollocks at it, we'll win hands down.
Got totally demolished in the first round almost instantly and spent the next 9 hours doing fuck all waiting for a ride home. LOL
I used to have my screen resolution as low as it would go, my muzzle fires were purple to make it a bit easier to see in darker places and tunnels, and i could run it at 98fps most of the time haha

Quote:
I remember the days of BLR, was in a clan called SQS
Can't remember what ours was called.. One year me and my mate went, and i ended up joining an online clan because they thought i was decent.. Don't remember the name now..

Then the 2nd year, me and my mate went again, and ended up joining up with 2 lads who went together, and one from marton who had gone by himself, and we ended up winning it! I took out 3 people in the last round to win it, and we never lost a round in the final! Was pretty epic.. Although the prize was stupid.. We got a free day paintballing... In nottingham or somewhere daft.. Nice one, 16 year old is bound to get to Nottingham from up north to go paintballing for a day

Old 17th October 2014, 18:23   #29
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yeah because Jessop is a bumder and has to buy everything, latest graphics cards also he would be pricing up a 4k resolution set up which is brand new and mega money, which will come down in price as it gets older

You can build a decent one (which i did) at £750 also games are cheaper overall, so over a 5 year generation the prices on PC vs Console even out. (console + games/PC + games)

Lols
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote