Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 11th November 2013, 23:22   #21
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany4494 View Post
Yeah read that like 40 gb a game too ? Got a spare 1tb hard drive that should do.
Don't have to keep every game installed.. If you have fifa 14, then fifa 15 comes out, you uninstall fifa 14 don't you.. Swap ones space, for the other.. some games will be 40gb.. Massive ones like Battlefield 4.. things like RYSE won't me that much, because its not loads of massive maps.. It's set game play, no big online bits to keep going..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 23:23   #22
Aaron
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): ..............
iTrader Score: 32 (100%)
Aaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
make sure you buy a big external HD as you cant upgrade the HDD's in the One.

each game has to be installed and so on
The largest download sizes come from titles such as Battlefield 4 (33GB) and Call of Duty: Ghosts (39GB). Ryse is 34GB while Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is 20GB.

All Xbox One games must be installed to your hard drive in order to run, although you can often begin playing after reaching a certain point in the installation progress.

crap

so you will have about 12 games playable at one time ( using the 39gb figure)

I pre-ordered it from game on release, seriously contemplating not even getting one now.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 23:30   #23
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
They are only selling it in the 500gb version mymintsaxo
yeahhh.. point is?
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 23:39   #24
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:
each game has to be installed and so on
same as on the ps4?
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 23:44   #25
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

That's not what i was getting at though. I know both are 500gb but the PS4 you can change the HDD's.. so not much of a problem. Where as the One you can't so you'll need to buy a big external HD..

Only thing PS4 wont support an external HDD in. I know what i'd rather.

Last edited by Prickle; 11th November 2013 at 23:46.
Old 11th November 2013, 23:46   #26
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:
That's not what i was getting at though. I know both are 500gb but the PS4 you can change the HDD's.. so not much of a problem. Where as the One you can't so you'll need to buy a big external HD..
so on one of them you can buy a bigger hard drive and put it inside. on the other you can buy a bigger hard drive and connect it with a cable.
Old 11th November 2013, 23:48   #27
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
so on one of them you can buy a bigger hard drive and put it inside. on the other you can buy a bigger hard drive and connect it with a cable.
PS4. upgradable internal HDD. doesnt support external HDD

One. Cant upgrade internal HDD but it supports external HDD.

All i'm saying is (not trying to make a big deal ) is it will be abit of a nightmare for One users
Old 11th November 2013, 23:53   #28
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:

All i'm saying is (not trying to make a big deal ) is it will be abit of a nightmare for One users

eh? a nightmare plugging a usb cable in? what a nightmare it is plugging in a usb cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 11th November 2013, 23:57   #29
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Scratch that after a search it isnt even supported for the one on release..

Bad times. dont buy too many games guys.
Old 12th November 2013, 00:07   #30
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ask for a job at Sony man. You start saying you need to install xbox games like thats an issue, but the ps4s the same. Then you say about the hdd being upgradable so much more easily (paraphrasing) on the ps4 but theyre the same essentially. Then you point out that the external one hdd isnt going to be supported at launch: but its going to be in an update. Im all for pointing out facts if someone asks but try not to put a pro-Sony slant to them as it just makes you sound like a fanboy dickbag.
Old 12th November 2013, 00:08   #31
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Not being a fanboy i own a 360 and ps3 and like using them both so dont get arsey, twat.

Just stating how it is. Basically since you CANT upgrade internal HDD's or even store game install's on external HDD's (bar music, vids etc) i'd say that's pretty shit.

Enjoy.
Old 12th November 2013, 00:11   #32
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Not being a fanboy i own a 360 and ps3 so dont get arsey, twat.

Just stating.

Enjoy.

xbox one supports 60fps 1080p, game swapping, downloadable retail titles!

nightmare for ps4 users
Old 12th November 2013, 00:17   #33
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
xbox one supports 60fps 1080p, game swapping, downloadable retail titles!

nightmare for ps4 users
COD Ghosts runs at 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox..

I think you will find the PS4 and Xbox One are the same regarding that as for 4k tv's it isnt looking great for either of them..

IMO they both should of came with 1tb inernal HDD's and both supporting external HDD.
Old 12th November 2013, 00:22   #34
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
COD Ghosts runs at 1080p on PS4,
And drops framerate hideously! its the fish AI.

I agree though, with mandatory installs its stupid they didnt come with a larger hdd: my brothers 60gb 360 is a bastard as he has a few core games he plays and a few he'll skip between, so he keeps deleting anr reinstalling games.

Ultimately I suppose if anyone cares too much for graphics then they need to buy a PC. My mates one runs Metro Last Light at near 4k resolution and it is unbelievable how good it looks. That said I dread to think what he spent on it.
Old 12th November 2013, 00:26   #35
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Agreed. PC is MILES ahead and supporting 4k already iirc.

Next gen consoles they said *sigh*

I wasnt looking to start a "fanboy" rubbish further up the thread although it looks it, not what i was aiming for lol. Looking at them both they're nigh on the same. As i said though they both should of had 1tb and supporting external hdd. It's ridic.

Suppose we will find out end of this month lol..

Last edited by Prickle; 12th November 2013 at 00:28.
Old 12th November 2013, 00:42   #36
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

i will post up on here the minute my xbox one fries itself. although with fans the size it has, it better not.

1080p (upscaled or not) does still look nice enough though, graphics dont mean enough to me to spunk £££££ on a pc.
Old 12th November 2013, 00:48   #37
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
i will post up on here the minute my xbox one fries itself. although with fans the size it has, it better not.

1080p (upscaled or not) does still look nice enough though, graphics dont mean enough to me to spunk £££££ on a pc.
We will notice a difference straight away or at least i hope so. Both look great in vids.

I'd love a full blown spec'd pc. Sooo expensive

edit; i expect a rinsing off Jay when he see's the thread. hah.

Last edited by Prickle; 12th November 2013 at 00:51.
Old 12th November 2013, 12:46   #38
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

They said it will be on one of first updates so you can use external hdd and thinking about it I dont ever own more than 5 games at once so not much of a big problem but there is alot of awesome looking games.
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 15:49   #39
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

Can't see it been a nightmare.. Not trying to argue, just putting a point across.. Going on the 39GB figure.. Say you can get 11-12 games installed.. Does anyone constantly switch between 10+ games at a time?

Me personally, go through phases of playing 2, maybe 3 games, for maybe 6 month periods.. You can always uninstall a game, but keep the game save..

Say you have forza, and don't play it for 6 months, you can delete the install of the game, and keep your game saves.. 6 months later, want to play again, install the game (takes 10-15 minutes on the 360, i can only imagine the ONE does it quicker) and you're off again..

Only people who will have a problem, are people who maybe buy a game, complete it, then swap with friends, play that, complete it, in which case, once you give the game back, you can delete the install again, and the space is free...

I see no issue of HDD size, at all

Old 12th November 2013, 15:53   #40
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany4494 View Post
They said it will be on one of first updates so you can use external hdd and thinking about it I dont ever own more than 5 games at once so not much of a big problem but there is alot of awesome looking games.
Like i just said, since this time last year, i have played COD BO2, BF3, FIFA14, and GTA.. So 5 games... Never own more.. I don't see the point in having loads of games, to not play them