Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 13th October 2014, 09:25   #1
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road
Default xbone, they worth it?

Currently have a decent gaming PC, but find myself losing interest in the PC gaming scene, and I'm literally just using it for Facebook/S4X0F0RUM5/general computer use.

Debating chucking my computer up on gumtree, and putting funds towards an xbone. Are they worth it? Also what's the jazz with XBL membership nowadays, haven't played in about 3 years genuinely so I have no idea.
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 10:38   #2
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Depends what youre wanting. If your mates are playing PS4s, get one of them instead. If not, look at the games available for PS4 and XB1, see which appeal to you more (in terms of exclusive titles anyway).

Xblive is still a paid for service, as is PS+/PSNetwork, you can pick up cards for 12months cheapest off ebay usually; about 27quid instead of 40.

I have one and Im enjoying it, particularly the voice control and head tracking features in kinect. The controller is WAY improved over the 360 one, particularly for shooters. Game sharing with a friend is a great feature and makes digital games actually decent value (though Fifa 15 was a horrific waste of money, thank fuck Microsoft refunded us).

Downsides: due to the u-turn from original policies (all-digital games, drm, install-only game discs etc) they seem to have had to rewrite the UI for the machine quickly so its being constantly updated to what I think they actually intended. Over the last few weeks, Xbl has been the least reliable Ive ever known it in 9 years .

That said, Im happy with the console. Plus theres a massive skelp of games just coming out, so there'll be loads for everyone.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 18:32   #3
PastyVTR
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
PastyVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
Depends what youre wanting. If your mates are playing PS4s, get one of them instead. If not, look at the games available for PS4 and XB1, see which appeal to you more (in terms of exclusive titles anyway).

Xblive is still a paid for service, as is PS+/PSNetwork, you can pick up cards for 12months cheapest off ebay usually; about 27quid instead of 40.

I have one and Im enjoying it, particularly the voice control and head tracking features in kinect. The controller is WAY improved over the 360 one, particularly for shooters. Game sharing with a friend is a great feature and makes digital games actually decent value (though Fifa 15 was a horrific waste of money, thank fuck Microsoft refunded us).

Downsides: due to the u-turn from original policies (all-digital games, drm, install-only game discs etc) they seem to have had to rewrite the UI for the machine quickly so its being constantly updated to what I think they actually intended. Over the last few weeks, Xbl has been the least reliable Ive ever known it in 9 years .

That said, Im happy with the console. Plus theres a massive skelp of games just coming out, so there'll be loads for everyone.
What do you mean about Fifa 15 and a refund ?
PastyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 19:15   #4
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastyVTR View Post
What do you mean about Fifa 15 and a refund ?
They keep reworking the defending to be more demanding and require a bit of thinking, a bit of skill: but then they leave legacy defending as an option for online, so folk who are useless at the game just hold A and B and get automatic computer controlled defending.

Its bad enough in single player games but Pro Clubs is a dreadful mess again this year. Its overrun with 5'2 blue-afroed, Keith Lemon gloved, pace-freaks. Not only that, but you can tell when the cpu decides that the momentum switches: instead of making the other team a bit better, it makes your guys fucking hopeless, unable to hit a 5 yard pass or control a ball with less than 4 touches.

One on one I was battering folk so Im a fairly decent player. But the level of cpu interfering is grim (sometimes youll be holding sprint and your player will stutter sometimes so he neeeeearly gets the ball, but doesnt, to add to the excitment) and the fact that Pro Clubs - which should be the most fun, social aspect of the game - is a case of "play with THIS kind of pro, with THIS set of controls [fully auto], or get pumped", I cant see how its worth the money.

Got in touch with MS support, told them the game was hideously flawed and they refunded me.
Old 14th October 2014, 08:55   #5
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

I say that Fifa 13 was always the best.

I will also be getting an Xbone next year.

Here's my question though, If I get one in the states what are the implications of playing it over here?

Will I still get Live as normal etc?
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 11:04   #6
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Games arent region locked anymore - all my games are USA versions - so that should be ok. Just buy your xbox live codes from a UK site as Im not sure theyve changed.
Old 15th October 2014, 17:32   #7
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

On another note.. Customer services are pretty decent.. Emailed them today about my Kinect no longer working.. Within 15 minutes i had an email back asking me to package it.. A brand new replacement is on it's way, and they're sending someone to pick the old unit back up..

I was pretty impressed by that! Not many places get a turn around like that for something broken!

Between the 2 consoles.. I've noticed when i went in game at the weekend.. For PS4 controller, they sell the little rubber bits that go on the sticks, and the controllers on the PS4 in there to play, were down to bare plastic.. So I'm guessing that's a problem with them controllers..

As said, loads of new games coming out at the moment!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 17:42   #8
lewismonteith
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1992 MX-5 1.6 SE
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
lewismonteith is on a distinguished road

The Xbox One is inferior to the PS4 in terms of graphics as far as I've read, and neither come close to the PC. For instance most games are locked to 900p/30fps on the consoles but PC can run 1080p/60+fps. I've played a few games like Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs on the Xbox and it was painful to look at compared to my PC, really choppy with crappy textures.

It's all down to preference I suppose and which exclusive games you would prefer!
lewismonteith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 19:53   #9
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

The Xbox One WAS inferior to the PS4 with regards to graphics. Microsoft locked away 10% processing power for the Kinect and that caused issues. That 10% has now been rectified and games are starting to make 1080p.

PSN has got absolutely nothing on Xbox Live. It really does feel several years behind.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 21:24   #10
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewismonteith View Post
The Xbox One is inferior to the PS4 in terms of graphics as far as I've read, and neither come close to the PC. For instance most games are locked to 900p/30fps on the consoles but PC can run 1080p/60+fps. I've played a few games like Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs on the Xbox and it was painful to look at compared to my PC, really choppy with crappy textures.

It's all down to preference I suppose and which exclusive games you would prefer!
If you have the wallet to have to update your rig as and when a new power hungry game comes out

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 21:28   #11
lewismonteith
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1992 MX-5 1.6 SE
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
lewismonteith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
If you have the wallet to have to update your rig as and when a new power hungry game comes out
At least you have the option to do so, you can't upgrade the hardware in a console so games will always look crap. If they don't look good on the Xbox now, they never will do
lewismonteith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 23:34   #12
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

My view is this: is a 350 quid PC going to let you play all the latest titles for 8+ years?
That's one of the reasons why I don't have a gaming PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 23:37   #13
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
At least you have the option to do so, you can't upgrade the hardware in a console so games will always look crap. If they don't look good on the Xbox now, they never will do

Lol fuck up, troll. Compare any launch date console game to a later-in-life game and it looks completely different: go back to even the PS1 with Tekken then compare that to Tekken 3, youd swear it was a different console. Same with the 360, compare Kameo or Brave to something like Tomb Raider and its completely night and day.
Old 15th October 2014, 23:39   #14
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Also, a great xbox one feature is the ability to abandon a game anywhere: leave it plugged in but switched off and when you go back to switch it on you can pick up EXACTLY where you left off. Fuck you, save points!
Old 16th October 2014, 00:09   #15
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
^this is ballZ^

As time goes on the developers work out how to do more funky stuffs, the consoles themselves also get updates allowing bigger and better things to be done.

PC's are for diddlers
Old 16th October 2014, 09:53   #16
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
LOL what a crock of shit. What it does mean is that developers have to optimise their code to get the most of he console using exactly the examples that Gab has.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 10:26   #17
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Got a mate the same as this lewis kid.. Keeps telling me he is part of the PC gaming master race.. Until i point out that his PC cost well over £1000, and he is buying new shit for it every year.. I bought my 360, and it didn't move from its shelf for 8 years, and still managed to play games well. I could sit and play battlefield all day with no issue.. Plus my TV is better than a computer monitor.

Old 16th October 2014, 12:14   #18
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Got a mate the same as this lewis kid.. Keeps telling me he is part of the PC gaming master race.. Until i point out that his PC cost well over £1000, and he is buying new shit for it every year.. I bought my 360, and it didn't move from its shelf for 8 years, and still managed to play games well. I could sit and play battlefield all day with no issue.. Plus my TV is better than a computer monitor.
Fuck off! You don't have mates.

Neither do I, can we be fwiends
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 13:14   #19
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post
Fuck off! You don't have mates.

Neither do I, can we be fwiends
Friends with benefits, with your sister.

Not unless you get a haircut.

Old 16th October 2014, 18:50   #20
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

For a decent spec PC you're looking at a good couple K easily. Expensive game to keep ontop on.

Lad on FB (Jessop) had one specced up at 3.5k and thats before the monitors etc etc.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote