Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 23rd April 2019, 19:23   #1
Matjanplock

Car(s): C2 VTS
Matjanplock is on a distinguished road
Default Jp4s head on j4 block

Hi guys

I am about to start my first project. Im planning to put c2vts head on a saxo bottom end and turbocharge it. Ive heard its a good idea as saxo's blocks and rods are stronger but Id like know why? Is it better material or what? Is this true that I should stay with c2 pistons?
Any advice welcome as it is my first job like this

Thanks
Mat
Matjanplock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2019, 22:46   #2
georgewatts18
L-plater

georgewatts18 is on a distinguished road

I've looked at doing this before... The jp4 (c2) head on the j4 (Saxo vts/gti) has very small valve to piston clearance as the jp4 pitons have cut outs for the larger valves where as the j4 Dosent there is a thread on it here somewhere can't remember exacts. plus that would give a pretty high compression ratio as I thing the combustion chamber maybe different or something can't remember not the most ideal when going turbo and there is quite a lot of evidence on here somewhere also in a thread that the jp4 head isn't actually that much better if any so better off with a ported j4 head from what I've researched before
georgewatts18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:35   #3
Matjanplock

Car(s): C2 VTS
Matjanplock is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your answer.
I will just go for jp4s then. Im driving a c2 and can be arsed modding exhaust, intake, cams etc to get 30hp. I want to build engine and put some chsrger on it. Im also thinking about supercharger. It seems like its less struggle to fit it and run.
Matjanplock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2019, 17:29   #4
georgewatts18
L-plater

georgewatts18 is on a distinguished road

30hp from cams exhaust + intake are good gains
georgewatts18 is offline   Reply With Quote