Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 12th September 2014, 14:24   #1
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road
Default Getting back into things...

Right so a few months ago I lost my job, ditched going out, could barely use my car and turned into a depressing cunt.
Up until recently things started 'perking up' a bit. Got my car back insured, looking to start college next week, and most importantly back in the gym!

Fuck me, I've lost so much strength and size I didn't even realise
Used to be able to steadily manage 32KG dumbell press 8 reps, then drop to 26 and do another 8 reps. I could barely manage 20KG for 8 reps yesterday.
That was the most painful, I've also lost plenty of size in my chest too, but thankfully not a lot in other areas.

Anyone out there been through this, and got any tips? Just find myself getting pissed off in the gym now because I just can't keep up with my previous workouts...
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 14:38   #2
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Feel your pain bro, I used to do at least 20 cock push ups a night and used to be able to dangle 40kg from my vascular bell end at full reach.

I had a sexual related injury last October which really knocked my confidence. I also ditched alcohol and rarely saw my friends. The result was that I couldn't even hold the mass of my member. Not even with a full on Gandalf's Pole.

Thankfully I got myself out of that rut and have been slowly progressing since. I can now support a wet towel with ease and I'm moving on to my first push up again.

Couldn't be happier.
Old 12th September 2014, 14:41   #3
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdawayt View Post
Feel your pain bro, I used to do at least 20 cock push ups a night and used to be able to dangle 40kg from my vascular bell end at full reach.

I had a sexual related injury last October which really knocked my confidence. I also ditched alcohol and rarely saw my friends. The result was that I couldn't even hold the mass of my member. Not even with a full on Gandalf's Pole.

Thankfully I got myself out of that rut and have been slowly progressing since. I can now support a wet towel with ease and I'm moving on to my first push up again.

Couldn't be happier.
I'm currently at the wet flannel stage, not quite at the towel stage atm!
Old 12th September 2014, 14:43   #4
chompy
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Because racecar
chompy is on a distinguished road

Wait, people get erections? I thought that was just a myth.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 14:47   #5
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Time mainly. Just get back into it, be consistent and also progressive overload.

Log lifts and be strict to push yourself session after session if that means 1 more rep or 1 more kg than last session so be it.

Personally i'd also opt for barbell bench over dumbbell bench initially you'll no doubt lift more which may build your confidence back up and help with getting your strength back to where it was and then get back onto dumbbell a few sessions in and see how you fair and maybe incorporate both.

I switch between barbell and dumbbell bench press however now find myself using the barbell the majority of the time as it becomes somewhat of a circus act trying to hoist 60-70kg dumbbells from your knees to your chest.

Your strength and size will come back, maybe quicker than expected if muscle memory is good to you. Got all autumn, winter and spring to get shredded for next summer now to so no rush

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 12th September 2014 at 14:49.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 15:06   #6
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Im in the same boat, been back 3/4 weeks andy strenghs coming back really quickly tbh. I'm starving all the time too lol. Eating and drinking a shit load of protein. I think ive put about 5 pounds back on and lost a bit of fat at the same time
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 16:01   #7
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Yeah I'm not imaging getting everything back shortly, but I presume with hard work and dieting, the majority will come back within a month which will be satisfactory.

Haven't really done much barbell usage in the gym, mainly because I have issues with my wrists holding vast amounts of weight. Which will be why my max bench was 90kg on a smith machine haha.

As for the shredding that's not on my mind until next year now, need to get some size back on and strength! I'll keep a little memo of what I'm currently doing, and if I reach my goals in a month if anyone can be bothered to read them
Old 12th September 2014, 16:02   #8
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Im in the same boat, been back 3/4 weeks andy strenghs coming back really quickly tbh. I'm starving all the time too lol. Eating and drinking a shit load of protein. I think ive put about 5 pounds back on and lost a bit of fat at the same time
That's good mate! Hoping to do the same, noticed I've lost muscle but I'm around the same weight, so there maybe some cushion for the pushing attached to me atm haha
Old 16th September 2014, 18:25   #9
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

How ya gettin on? Just got back. Managed 5 x 5 140kg deadlifts tonight so im gettin there
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote