Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 29th January 2010, 22:32   #81
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

You have got to be joking me if I am fitting anything myself that involves safety lol taking it to makes garage and he will be fitting the beam, m/c, lines and 4 pots much easier with a ramp.

Yeah Ross spot on mate by next friday everything that needs to be done will be done on "stage 1"
Old 3rd February 2010, 00:05   #82
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

Jobs for this week entail the following, not much to do really just case of waiting for more parts to show up. Need to sort arb drop links aswell as the nuts apparently need tightening up not convinced may fit new ones

Thursday

fit proper front seats belts
adjust aim of headlights

Friday

Rear beam & rear braided lines
front arb drop links
mot

Sat

fit standard rallye manifold
fit mist style washer jets
modify 3mm spacers
dry fit 4pots

Monday

fit 4pots

Last edited by Sophia_Bush; 4th February 2010 at 16:09.
Sophia_Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 17:55   #83
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

well more stuff done still plenty to do and more updated list!
Old 5th February 2010, 16:47   #84
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

All Turbo stuff cancelled for the forseeable future! Todays adventures bring one big fat juicy fail of the mot:

new rear beam bearing is fucked on the driver side
rear pads will be needed
horn has stopped working
emissons is also up the creek
steering rack may also need looking at!

Fucking crappy car looks like off the road yet again! Bloody bad timing!
Old 5th February 2010, 16:50   #85
Saamuell
Established Member

Car(s): JP4 AX
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Saamuell is on a distinguished road

Bad touch of luck there mate! Will it be the shock on teh beam or one whole side of teh beam itself?
Saamuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 16:52   #86
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia_Bush View Post
All Turbo stuff cancelled for the forseeable future! Todays adventures bring one big fat juicy fail of the mot:

new rear beam bearing is fucked on the driver side
rear pads will be needed
horn has stopped working
emissons is also up the creek
steering rack may also need looking at!

Fucking crappy car looks like off the road yet again! Bloody bad timing!
Ouch, I suppose it's new rear beam time?

Rear pads aren't too bad to do (££££) nor is the horn.

Emissions could be a bit of a pain to get to the bottom of, although normally lambda.

Steering rack is the worst one tbh. - It got play in it? Could be the track rod ends? Or inner bush?
Old 5th February 2010, 17:01   #87
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ross this is on the replacement beam pads and horn are easy I agree. But with emissons it could be either lambda or the engine being to fucked as is was burning a small bit of oil so either small thing or it will kick me in the balls harder and want a new enigne.

The rack I have no clue its not the rod ends probably something in the middle, so depending on how fucked the stub is may be new bearing only or whole new tube if its that then its defo off the road, with the rack depending on how bad may just bite the bullet and get a manual one in there.

Sam see axoc looks like an ax time maybe
Old 5th February 2010, 17:07   #88
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ross this is on the replacement beam pads and horn are easy I agree. But with emissons it could be either lambda or the engine being to fucked as is was burning a small bit of oil so either small thing or it will kick me in the balls harder and want a new enigne.

The rack I have no clue its not the rod ends probably something in the middle, so depending on how fucked the stub is may be new bearing only or whole new tube if its that then its defo off the road, with the rack depending on how bad may just bite the bullet and get a manual one in there.

Sam see axoc looks like an ax time maybe
It on a rebuilt beam? Wip the trailing arm off and have a look, might have caught it early - if not then IMAxle time ?

Would be a good time to go for a non-power steering rack.

There's an inner bush so could be that.

Sucks mate !
Old 5th February 2010, 17:10   #89
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

nah the beam was just off a gti that was supposedly good I think if I need a new beam then will be case of chuck it up to my mates and see if he can sort everything on it.

It does suck very very badly
Old 5th February 2010, 20:23   #90
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Slight update thanks to miamibluebaby and jonsey tomorrow we are going to a saxo breaker local to get a VTR rear beam to fit to this, also we are going to sort some standard front struts as thats whats causing the steering issue.

So all being well running will be good and will try something with emissons so may be looking ok for monday.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:15   #91
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

bad crack mate, if its burning oil itl defo put your emissions up, gotta find the reason, if you end up having to fit a new rack you may aswell just find another 1.1 lump (it is a 1.4 in it isnt it?) will make it easier to fit the rack and the engines piss easy to do think posi mate!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 23:12   #92
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

well rear beam is defo being done with struts if all goes well tomorrow and got someone to bleed brakes to so looking good so far
Old 5th February 2010, 23:18   #93
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

was gonna bash on with mone but the clutch has gonein the van so thats gonn monopolise my day not looking forward to it at ALL!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 23:35   #94
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

aye money situation i've worked out everything will even itself out in a few weeks so just need to sell off alot of things like avo adjustables, the raptors, gti brakes, manifold, rallye inlet few more other odds n ends should be ok
Old 5th February 2010, 23:36   #95
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Would it be worth putting 4pots on at the same time seeing as rear beams off and struts off - kill 2 birds with one stone
Old 5th February 2010, 23:39   #96
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Also if you want to sell that c2vts inlet come summertime then I'm your man
Old 6th February 2010, 18:15   #97
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Woop woop! VTR rear beam now fitted that has no play solid as a rock also with decent pads Handbrake is mega aswell 2 clicks and bosh done! Massive thanks to miamibluebaby, jonsey and wing commande stocker for the help in getting, fitting the beam and bleeding the brakes.

With the horn I have no clue why that doesn't work anymore, steering rack is not an issue turns out to be struts so got 2 fronts stuts to fit, new arb drop links again with emissons found a friendly place.

Got some odds and ends to fit like rallye down pipe and standard manifold (thanks andrea), mist washer jets, new exhaust fitting kit along with gti cat and rallye system. So looking at it mot is looking well best part is the new beam only cost £100 so not as much money as I wanted to spend
Old 6th February 2010, 18:17   #98
AdamB
Established Member

Car(s): Lexus LS400 V8 Range Rover 4.6 litre HSE V8
iTrader Score: 0 (100%)
AdamB is on a distinguished road

happy days gav, btw i found that oil cap in the box, cheers dude
AdamB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 19:39   #99
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

no problems mate it is bloody good news
Old 7th February 2010, 11:28   #100
jonesy9
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JP4 Saxo, Milano CTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jonesy9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Woop woop! VTR rear beam now fitted that has no play solid as a rock also with decent pads Handbrake is mega aswell 2 clicks and bosh done! Massive thanks to miamibluebaby, jonsey and wing commande stocker for the help in getting, fitting the beam and bleeding the brakes.

With the horn I have no clue why that doesn't work anymore, steering rack is not an issue turns out to be struts so got 2 fronts stuts to fit, new arb drop links again with emissons found a friendly place.

Got some odds and ends to fit like rallye down pipe and standard manifold (thanks andrea), mist washer jets, new exhaust fitting kit along with gti cat and rallye system. So looking at it mot is looking well best part is the new beam only cost £100 so not as much money as I wanted to spend
and at a lovely standard height! pitty the struts were being fucktards!