Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 19th April 2016, 15:33   #1
Shaun_w_o

Car(s): Saxo Desire 03
Shaun_w_o is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo 1.1 2003 desire wiring diagram

Hi all,

If any has pictures or links to a saxo desire (1.1, 2003 plate) wiring diagram for the radio and for the cigarette lighter, as my new radio isn't keeping its memory and my cigarette lighter won't charge with a 12v USB charger in it.

Thanks Shaun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shaun_w_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 15:46   #2
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

Regarding the radio not saving stations/settings, all you need to do is pull it out, locate the red and yellow wires and swap them over (they should be the only 2 wires with connectors in the middle of them, they just pull apart)

Not sure about your cig lighter. Do other plugs work in it? If not it could be a fuse or faulty unit.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 18:53   #3
Shaun_w_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizanthapus View Post
Regarding the radio not saving stations/settings, all you need to do is pull it out, locate the red and yellow wires and swap them over (they should be the only 2 wires with connectors in the middle of them, they just pull apart)

Not sure about your cig lighter. Do other plugs work in it? If not it could be a fuse or faulty unit.

Thank you will try the wires in a bit, don't suppose you know what colour the live is
Old 19th April 2016, 21:39   #4
Shaun_w_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizanthapus View Post

I have had a look and can see the yellow one but no red one there is a thick gray on and a thin gray one could of of these be the red one that Isn't red.

Old 20th April 2016, 06:53   #5
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

No they should be on the wiring harness - the piece that plugs into those 2 blocks, then into your new headunit.

Do you have one similar to this:

You can see the connectors on the red + yellow wire
Old 20th April 2016, 17:28   #6
Shaun_w_o

No I have two blocks the one is the previous picture and the speaker one that you can see pushed down.

If this is any help this is a picture of the back of my new radio.

P.S just been out and I have no idea about the cig lighter the fuse isn't blown however if I can get my radio working I'm not to bothered about that.

Old 20th April 2016, 18:01   #7
bender
L-plater

Car(s): 1998 MK1 Saxo 1.6 VTR 1995 Golf GTI 2.0
bender is on a distinguished road

Wiring colours differentiate between manufacturers, and it's often the case that the common red and yellow power wires are different colours. In your case the yellow wire has a green tracer, meaning it is the earth for the stereo. The two grey wires are your power feeds. A stereo needs two feeds to remember stations and turn on with the key. The thinner of the two wires will be your ignition feed, turning the stereo on with the key. The other wire should be your permanent live. This i suspect is the problem and why you can't keep memory. I'm surprised that no fuse has blown if you have lost your cig lighter as well. I'll get you a wiring diagram tomorrow. Do you have a multimeter?
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 18:38   #8
Shaun_w_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
Wiring colours differentiate between manufacturers, and it's often the case that the common red and yellow power wires are different colours. In your case the yellow wire has a green tracer, meaning it is the earth for the stereo. The two grey wires are your power feeds. A stereo needs two feeds to remember stations and turn on with the key. The thinner of the two wires will be your ignition feed, turning the stereo on with the key. The other wire should be your permanent live. This i suspect is the problem and why you can't keep memory. I'm surprised that no fuse has blown if you have lost your cig lighter as well. I'll get you a wiring diagram tomorrow. Do you have a multimeter?

Right ok that would explain why there is a thick and thin gray. And I'm surprised no fuse has blown aswell I think it might be my USB cig lighter so I will try that in a different car tomorrow. And yes I do have a multimeter however it's not a very good one
Old 23rd April 2016, 21:42   #9
Shaun_w_o

Bender, do you have that wiring diagram still as I plan on having another look in the the morning and it would really help, cheers

Old 23rd April 2016, 22:06   #10
bender
L-plater

I'll post it in the morning ingredients pal
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:06   #11
bender
L-plater

Fuck knows where ingredients came from lol.
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:29   #12
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Is this the ingredients you mean?

Old 23rd April 2016, 22:30   #13
Spendyrx
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 1.4 gti replica (ish) Fd rx7 1.3tt 106 1.1
Spendyrx is on a distinguished road

Maybe easier for you to buy the harness pictured by jiz rather than messing about chopping wires!
I fitted a stereo for my mate on his 206 using factory harness direct to stereo and he had to turn stereo on and off manually all the time and got pissed off with it!
For the sake of a couple of quid I'd personally invest in the harness and that way it's neat and tidy too!
Spendyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2016, 23:09   #14
Shaun_w_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spendyrx View Post
Maybe easier for you to buy the harness pictured by jiz rather than messing about chopping wires!
I fitted a stereo for my mate on his 206 using factory harness direct to stereo and he had to turn stereo on and off manually all the time and got pissed off with it!
For the sake of a couple of quid I'd personally invest in the harness and that way it's neat and tidy too!

I have ordered two new leads but I have to wire them my self so it's good to know.
Old 24th April 2016, 09:07   #15
Spendyrx
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 1.4 gti replica (ish) Fd rx7 1.3tt 106 1.1
Spendyrx is on a distinguished road

Fair enough, don't forget to take a lead off the battery! When I used to play about with the stereo in the cars I used to pop fuses and God knows what! But I used to wire neons off them and all sorts pmsl! Have fun!
Spendyrx is offline   Reply With Quote