Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 27th September 2007, 22:06   #21
MJRallying
Established Member
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 205 GTI Rally Car, MK2 Saxo VTR...
MJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud of

Im assuming he's talking 20XE (redtop) engine when he says 2.0 16v if so it will eat a vts and cornering i grant you the saxo is a much better chassis hence handling being better.

But then i dont know what brake/sus setup he has got....
MJRallying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 22:13   #22
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markastra2007 View Post
Im assuming he's talking 20XE (redtop) engine when he says 2.0 16v if so it will eat a vts and cornering i grant you the saxo is a much better chassis hence handling being better.

But then i dont know what brake/sus setup he has got....
he mentioned his cav

130bhp 2ltr 8v
120bhp 1.6ltr 16v

i said that the vts would beat it, which i think it would

he also mentioned the 2.0ltr 16v 150bhp cav, he said the vts wouldnt have a chance in hell, i dont think there would be much in it, but i didnt say i thought the vts would win said it would be closer than he thought, then i said if on track/twisties the vts would grab it

i also pointed out im not one of these people who think the vts is the fastest car ever
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 22:23   #23
middleweight
Frequent Poster
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
middleweight is a jewel in the roughmiddleweight is a jewel in the roughmiddleweight is a jewel in the rough

its the older civic than the one in the video.... the 2nd shape
middleweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 22:27   #24
MJRallying
Established Member

MJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud ofMJRallying has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
he mentioned his cav

130bhp 2ltr 8v
120bhp 1.6ltr 16v

i said that the vts would beat it, which i think it would

he also mentioned the 2.0ltr 16v 150bhp cav, he said the vts wouldnt have a chance in hell, i dont think there would be much in it, but i didnt say i thought the vts would win said it would be closer than he thought, then i said if on track/twisties the vts would grab it

i also pointed out im not one of these people who think the vts is the fastest car ever
I can tell your not the type mate to think the vts is the fastest car on the road!!

Altho there only 150bhp the redtops really go as do any old car as there not restricted as much as newer cars my old cav sri 130bhp 2.0 8v wouldnt be to far behind a vts saxo again as a few peeps on here will vouch for!!

0-60 a std Redtop 150bhp would be neck and neck with a vts due to power/weight ratio but once up and going again there good for over 140
Old 27th September 2007, 22:28   #25
MJRallying
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleweight View Post
its the older civic than the one in the video.... the 2nd shape
It will be the EG shape civic then mate as the one in the video is the same shape as the jordans (EK)
Old 27th September 2007, 22:31   #26
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

yeah i understand that top end the cav would beat it, its bigger engine and more power, its common sense really

R4T knows about his vauxhalls, but i get the impression he has never drove a vts, he says that we all think that the vts is the worlds fastest car, then im thinking that he actually things his cav is.

im not saying the 130 is a slow car and can imagine it wouldnt be far behind the s

but on a track or on country roads id wave goodbye to you
Old 27th September 2007, 22:35   #27
MJRallying
Established Member

Without an argument mate a well setup cav will be better on the fast a-roads as the longer and wider wheel base gives the out right grip that the saxo wont have!!

Alot of you from trax know what my bros saxo handles like and its only better on very tight corners as its nimble but get him on faster bends and as he knows my astra (or a well setup cav) will be all over him
Old 27th September 2007, 22:47   #28
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

ah yes bristols bro, his cars too low, tell him i said that, anyway he runs spax, thats not well set up

a well set up saxo will give your cav a run for its money, silverstone was a very big circuit with quite a few straights, and tight corners, i remember seein a cav on there going around, alot of back end action, altho that was just the way he was driving! would be interesting to see, never really thought bout what it would be like with the cav set up.

but standard v standard what would you think would be the outcome on a track like silverstone?
Old 28th September 2007, 17:19   #29
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

honda civic eg vti (uk spec)

1.6 160hp (100hp per litre)
top end 135
0-60 7.5

vts is

1.6 120hp
top end bout 130 i think
0-60 7.9

comes down to personal prefence

civic all the way on performance and reliability i no bout 6 vti owners

saxo for looks

Last edited by MiniGibbo; 28th September 2007 at 17:22.
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 17:29   #30
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post
honda civic eg vti (uk spec)

1.6 160hp (100hp per litre)
top end 135
0-60 7.5

vts is

1.6 120hp
top end bout 130 i think
0-60 7.9

comes down to personal prefence

civic all the way on performance and reliability i no bout 6 vti owners

saxo for looks
... VTS 0-60mph in 7.7s, the cars seem very evenly matched actually. Yes the Civic is more powerful, yes fine it will be about 100X better-built and last 1000X longer, but the little 16v Sax puts up a very decent fight as far as acceleration is concerned.
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 17:33   #31
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_360 View Post
... VTS 0-60mph in 7.7s, the cars seem very evenly matched actually. Yes the Civic is more powerful, yes fine it will be about 100X better-built and last 1000X longer, but the little 16v Sax puts up a very decent fight as far as acceleration is concerned.
you are pretty much wasting your time, 9/10 its falls on deff people who cant see passed the boy racer image of the saxo
Old 28th September 2007, 17:35   #32
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
you are pretty much wasting your time, 9/10 its falls on deff people who cant see passed the boy racer image of the saxo
...urgh shame that, don't know what they're missing
Old 28th September 2007, 17:36   #33
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!

MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
your actully wrong id pick a saxo over a civic other wise id of had a civic eh

as much as the civic is a better car theres to many locally and as im concerend "its just onother civic"

viva la saxo
Old 28th September 2007, 17:37   #34
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

most have never driven one yet slag it. not all of them but most of them havent
Old 28th September 2007, 17:39   #35
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
most have never driven one yet slag it. not all of them but most of them havent
dont think anyone with a saxo will not get branded "boy racer" "frence piece"

o well all i get now is "yet another bastard bmw driver"
Old 28th September 2007, 17:44   #36
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

'Bastard Beemer driver,'
'boy-racer saxo driver,'
'chavvy corsa'
'essex-boi Fiesta'

seems theres a piss-take for all us motorists, hey? Not much we can do about it
Old 28th September 2007, 18:10   #37
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post
dont think anyone with a saxo will not get branded "boy racer" "frence piece"

o well all i get now is "yet another bastard bmw driver"
id rather be a bastard than a boy racer

not havin ago at you mate, but im on bout other drivers, R4T for example im pretty sure hes never drove one in his life

Last edited by Yates; 28th September 2007 at 18:52.
Old 28th September 2007, 18:19   #38
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
id rather be a bastard than s bmw driver

im not havin ago at you mate, but im on bout other drivers, R4T for example im pretty sure hes never drove one in his life
nah im kwl mate i love the way they say hay you got a shit saxo, soon as they leave maccy d's car park they soon shut up as the saxo roars past em
Old 28th September 2007, 18:41   #39
jimbo06
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 52 VTS, 172 Cup
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to all

yep vti's are quicker than vts' but theres not alot in it really. the b16b enigne in the eg/ek vti's is bullit proof though, 120,000 is nothing if the oil has been changed quite regulary and the belt has been done.
jimbo06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 19:38   #40
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
ah yes bristols bro, his cars too low, tell him i said that, anyway he runs spax, thats not well set up
Kiss my ass..

Also tbh, the cavalier SRI my bro had was very stable on long bumpy corners as its wide, has proper rear sus etc..

Depends where you play i suppose, nice tight twistie roads the Saxo will win, long flowing roads at high speed the cavi will be all over it!

Last edited by Mario_1587cc; 28th September 2007 at 19:42.
MaRiO89 is offline   Reply With Quote