Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 6th August 2019, 07:28   #1
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road
Default C2 VTS engine in saxo - upgrades

Hi All,

I have a saxo VTS with a JP4S engine from a C2 VTS. Wondering what the best / easiest route is to get some extra power is. It has the C2 cams etc currently and a standard Saxo VTS ECU.

I had read that due to reduced clearance piston to valve, there are less cam options? Also that you cannot remap the standard ECU. Any ideas welcome!

Cheers
Craig
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 21:07   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

The standard ECU can be remapped, whoever told you that it can't is an idiot. Wayne does them for example, in t'north

The cams should match the inlet manifold you have. If you have a J4 inlet manifold, use the J4 cams. If you have the converted C2 manifold, use the JP4 cams. Aftermarket cams are available for that engine but it's not worth it unless you're racing.

Cams NEVER give you extra power, what they do is rob bottom end torque and add a tiny amount of HP to the top end.

The easiest route for a bit of extra power is a set of throttle bodies and a good quality aftermarket exhaust.

Old 6th August 2019, 22:56   #3
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Thanks Martin. I think the meaning was more that they can't be written / remapped dynamically as part of a RR session - I believe (correct me I may be wrong) that the method used on our ECU's is to socket the IC and replace it with one where a different map has been loaded? So not a car specific map, more a general map relating to what has been done to the car, assuming certain things to be even from car to car.

Interested in what you say about the Tbodies - I take it that would required a remap? My current engine has the J4 inlet and (as far as I know) the JP4s cams, though I have not dug in to it to verify that in fairness.
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2019, 18:43   #4
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Oh right I got ya, well you can sortof do it live with an emulator in series. That's how you do the volvos. using an "Ostrich" which you can adjust and upload quickly.

Yes throttle bodies would require a remap, as you'd be totally changing how the air flows into the cylinder head.