Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 26th June 2007, 15:18   #41
DaveG
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Pug 306 GTi-6
DaveG is a splendid one to beholdDaveG is a splendid one to beholdDaveG is a splendid one to beholdDaveG is a splendid one to beholdDaveG is a splendid one to beholdDaveG is a splendid one to beholdDaveG is a splendid one to behold

If I have the untouched original at home I'll post it.

When I say "nail" the exposure I mean if you get it right, noise will be negligible.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:42   #42
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

my comments were because you bang on about iso 100, yet the images were not stimulating, so proving you can take images at iso 100 that are of low quality isnt exactly proving iso 100 is the best.

as i said do some different shots, different days, different angles, different weathers and you will see how a narrow minded approach to the iso function will effect the images you take.
Old 26th June 2007, 16:37   #43
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsafastworld85 View Post
my comments were because you bang on about iso 100, yet the images were not stimulating, so proving you can take images at iso 100 that are of low quality isnt exactly proving iso 100 is the best.

as i said do some different shots, different days, different angles, different weathers and you will see how a narrow minded approach to the iso function will effect the images you take.
The 'low quality' issue is from the compression through facebook man (only place i can really host them for freeeeeee)... I'll send you a full size if you prefer?

If the weather is bollocks i wouldnt go outside and take photo's anyways lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
If I have the untouched original at home I'll post it.
When I say "nail" the exposure I mean if you get it right, noise will be negligible.
that'd be grand dave. so really with nailing it... its a bit open ended the answer lol... as said I'll snap some shots of the same thing at different ICEHOES (iso's)

Last edited by Barry123; 26th June 2007 at 16:39.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 19:55   #44
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
The 'low quality' issue is from the compression through facebook man (only place i can really host them for freeeeeee)... I'll send you a full size if you prefer?

If the weather is bollocks i wouldnt go outside and take photo's anyways lol
i use facebook to, the way the image is composed doesnt do it for me dude, theyre all 3/4 pans, which most are very soft, im just saying if your trying to back up a statement that anything other than iso 100 is poo better images should be used! especially as you can see the huge different when the light went and so the images got very dark. Si's images at a higher were perfectly fine at the higher iso if the weather is rnot good, banging on about iso 100 all the time is more retentive than the pixel pinchers on POTN www.photobucket.com for free hosting aswell dude if you get bored of facebook.

If the weather is shit you wont take photos? pah you will miss out on some good stuff.. so if youve paid £50 to have a ticket to the f1 you wont go because its raining?

Last edited by Ryan; 26th June 2007 at 19:59.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 20:06   #45
Saxy1
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): EVO FQ400
Saxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team memberSaxy1 is a well respected team member

good photo's mate
Saxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 20:11   #46
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
so if youve paid £50 to have a ticket to the f1 you wont go because its raining?
I wouldnt pay £50 to watch the most boring form of racing ever divised.

ryan i'll reply later need to gym it. long day today

sayer
Old 26th June 2007, 22:43   #47
madprofp
North West Region Member

madprof is on a distinguished road

4 of my pics from Sunday (Including the same as Simo's No. 4 ). Unfortunately I've lost my PS webphoto plugin can anybody let me have the link again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	web0001.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	5308

Name:	web0002.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	5309

Name:	web0003.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	5310

Name:	web0004.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	5311
madprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 22:49   #48
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

i recognise those from POTN i think
Old 26th June 2007, 22:50   #49
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

actually cancel that ive opened the thumbs
Old 26th June 2007, 23:18   #50
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

righty................

Quote:
i use facebook to, the way the image is composed doesnt do it for me dude
ryan you're doing it again, confusing my shitty photography skillz with my comments about ISO - it was my first time trying this.

Quote:
theyre all 3/4 pans
Confusing my shitty photography skillz with my comments about ISO. I feel like iterating the point again just in case there was any confusion about the above statement. In addition I'd like to point out it was my first time trying this.

Quote:
which most are very soft
Lens issue - good workman always blames his tools.

Quote:
im just saying if your trying to back up a statement that anything other than iso 100 is poo better images should be used!
canna get a reeeewind... what is this groundhog day or something?

ryan, I may have not made it clear, it was my first time trying this. The lens I used was the longest focal length I had (at the time) of a whopping 80mm. In addition if i had stood any further back I would have been behind a load of generally fat, chavvy people. I decided at the time that it would more beneficial avoid trying to defy the laws of physics, hoping the light from the cars would magically pass through the crowd in front and onto my camera sensor.

if you look at the exif data you'll see at times, i used a stupidly low shutter speed for a first timer, 1/60, some will have been around 1/125 and loads in between. that combined with the fact that i was only a few metres from the cars as they drove by meant i was panning the camera at silly speeds...was doomed to failure. Had i been in possession of a longer lens I could have been further from the cars (of course I would have employed my ability to alter the laws of physics too at that point) and allow myself to pan at a slower angular velocityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and let me (hopefully) get better shots.

Anyway whilst you nosying in the EXIF data, note the aperture settings... you'll see i could have comfortably lowered the shutter speed to something more manageable without resorting to use of dirty dirty higher ISOs.

Quote:
especially as you can see the huge different when the light went and so the images got very dark. Si's images at a higher were perfectly fine at the higher iso if the weather is not good, banging on about iso 100 all the time is more retentive than the pixel pinchers on POTN www.photobucket.com for free hosting aswell dude if you get bored of facebook.

I do have fotki which gave me a tiny amount for free space. I'm loathed to pay for image hosting so facebook it is.

ad

Last edited by Barry123; 26th June 2007 at 23:20.
Old 26th June 2007, 23:23   #51
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

argh you will never understand dude, its not digging at your skills,

but the fact is you cant prove that iso 100 is great if the images are poor.

The fact is i shoot in 100 whenever i can, but if the weather/trees dont permit this i will crank the iso.

you need to start using a bit more of what you have available, it may help your images alot
Old 26th June 2007, 23:36   #52
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
argh you will never understand dude, its not digging at your skills,

but the fact is you cant prove that iso 100 is great if the images are poor.

The fact is i shoot in 100 whenever i can, but if the weather/trees dont permit this i will crank the iso.

you need to start using a bit more of what you have available, it may help your images alot
meh... that last comment latched on to me. ok ok I'll try a little higher maybe...