Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 16th June 2008, 00:28   #41
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
they will allways tend to try and give you crap that appaears to be expensive but in reality is cheap (eg memory cards, tacky accessories)

as the mark up is so high on them they wont loose much if they do a deal.
exactly. hence why you haggle and haggle like hell.

thread hijack... Ry how've you found the 17-35?
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 00:34   #42
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

not used it really tbh, shot about 4pics with it on friday then went straight back to 10-20, its a bit wider than the 10-20 in hand and just felt strange.

need to play with it a bit more, or decide if it and the 18-50 are going for 17-40 L
Old 16th June 2008, 00:38   #43
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

you're on crack right? the 17-40L is utter crap for a L lens... I'd have the 18-50 anyday over that.

shame. Wasn't a fan of the 17-35 to start with but it's grown on my a fuckadoodledoo it IS sharp as hell. wanna see some 100% from it?
Old 16th June 2008, 00:39   #44
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...ight=crappiest

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...kit+lens+17-40
Old 16th June 2008, 00:44   #45
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
you're on crack right? the 17-40L is utter crap for a L lens... I'd have the 18-50 anyday over that.

shame. Wasn't a fan of the 17-35 to start with but it's grown on my a fuckadoodledoo it IS sharp as hell. wanna see some 100% from it?
im not to unhappy with 17-35 when tested in room seemed sharp just felt strange the other day when i had mashed fingers.

18-50 is the only lens i have with the gay as fuck motor system, thankfully.
Old 16th June 2008, 00:56   #46
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
im not to unhappy with 17-35 when tested in room seemed sharp just felt strange the other day when i had mashed fingers.

18-50 is the only lens i have with the gay as fuck motor system, thankfully.
shame really as the 18-50 has grown on me a bit... certainly the IQ... just let down by the gay AF. Had a go with the 70-200 f2.8 EX... ppphhhwwwahhh.
Then had a go with the 70-200 F/4L USM *JIZZ ALERT - EVERYONE DUCK*
That lens shall be mine before the end of the month... (it'll have to so I get the £45 cashback... ) lol
Old 16th June 2008, 01:07   #47
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

sigma 70-200 seems nice tbh.

lol F4 version because you are to girly to carry the 2.8

18-50 you have one now??? as i say about 18-50 IQ isnt to bad, i really want to smash the thing appart though when AF happens, i cannot stand barrel rotation on af, i like it all internal
Old 16th June 2008, 01:27   #48
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
sigma 70-200 seems nice tbh.

lol F4 version because you are to girly to carry the 2.8

18-50 you have one now??? as i say about 18-50 IQ isnt to bad, i really want to smash the thing appart though when AF happens, i cannot stand barrel rotation on af, i like it all internal
naaa the f4 has higher IQ than the 2.8 weirdly enough, and the IS is equiv. to 4 stops where as the 2.8 is only 3 stops... making the f4 the same in terms of potential shutter speed if working on IS at widest ap.

Obviously the 2.8 would be nice for 1 stop lower light but for the price, weight, lack of time I can see myself using it wide open and the lower IQ...its a no go on the 2.8.

nope I don't have the 18-50mm... just observing reviews and then had a play at Jessops expense the other day.
Old 16th June 2008, 01:30   #49
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

you can see what i mean about the gay AF on the 18-50 then after using it, why sigma used such a gay system is beyond me.

70-200 for me tends to be at 2.8 alot of the time. the weight rocks lol

from forums ive read the f4 owners saying it has higher then the 2.8 owners saying otherwise, alot tends to be about joking about budget and wishing they could afford the 2.8 lol
Old 16th June 2008, 09:10   #50
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

swings and roundabouts. I played with both and could perceive any difference... but that was looking through a viewfinder. f4L IS will do me fine
Old 16th June 2008, 13:34   #51
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

as long as you only intend on going to 200mm and not using a TC, as 400mm at F8 will be an arse
Old 16th June 2008, 14:11   #52
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

remember4 stops though and the noise control on the 40d is pant wettingly good.

True that man, I doubt I'd ever use a 2x anyway. 1.4x perhaps... which takes it to f5.6 @ 280mm so near enough what my sigma APO DG is doing anyway (EXCEPT I have (4 stop) IS and better IQ and better AF over my old siggy)

so assuming the shutter speed/focal length rule I'd need about 1/640 on a 400mm lens to get a sharp image... 4 stops down is means that I could go as low as 1/40 and still get a sharpish image (maybeeee ) where as the 2.8 is only a 3 stop IS... so it could only go to 1/80... (but then you could stop it up to 5.6) thus go as a low as 1/40 effectively... so we're at the same conclusion

this is my point really I can't see zee point for me going for a 2.8L IS the £400 could go towards some shit hot prossy or something
Old 20th June 2008, 18:05   #53
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

got one and a bag and a 2 gig card and a tripod. Auto settings ftw at the moment
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 18:17   #54
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

What bag you get? What sort of price did you get it for dude?
Old 20th June 2008, 22:26   #55
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
got one and a bag and a 2 gig card and a tripod. Auto settings ftw at the moment
get off auto asap!!

the best thing to do is go manual asap, it helps understanding what does what so much quicker.
Old 21st June 2008, 11:46   #56
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
get off auto asap!!

the best thing to do is go manual asap, it helps understanding what does what so much quicker.
yeah. I've got a lot of reading to do. Going to pester sayer at the weekend

Paid 430. Wasn't the cheapest by far but waned it now for FCS
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote