Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 29th July 2008, 21:26   #21
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
Why you ask? 17+
just incase they where under 16

ive been asked to take some snaps of a cricket game but due to the poss there could be under 16s there ive put it off (child protection etc)
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 21:26   #22
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

That sounds cool with me Sayer, So fill the picture with her head and the grey card. Is it best to shoot with the lights off for the one with the grey card!

Ill give LR a whirl tonight i think if not tomorrow. It looks complicated is it easier than CS3?
There is going to be about 3-4 girls there aswell im really nervous!
I think she will only be wanting portrait shots and then a few groups, but ill be charging more if they want portrait pics which hopefully they will so i can have a bit of £££
£30 for CD then prints on top is bloody good!
But if all 3-4 want it dont then i might do £20 each so £10 saving each! I think thats fair. Then just give mid to high res pictures on CD.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:26   #23
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
just incase they where under 16

ive been asked to take some snaps of a cricket game but due to the poss there could be under 16s there ive put it off (child protection etc)
Oh right :/ I think 17 is okey isnt it!?!
Old 29th July 2008, 21:31   #24
Shellz
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 206 Quicksilver
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Shellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks thats really quite helpful! Ill use some of the pics to show the girl.
Glad to help!
x
Old 29th July 2008, 21:31   #25
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

yeah its fine, just dont do gash shots lol
Old 29th July 2008, 21:34   #26
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
yeah its fine, just dont do gash shots lol
Ill try not Jaybliss! Hows your photography coming along? Got any more gear? Apart from the Sigma you told me about, Which really helped me sleep that night
Old 29th July 2008, 21:45   #27
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

haha

its been pretty slow at the moment, not really had anything to shoot

been messing about with the macro setting around the house and garden but apart from that not much

looking at a few cheap batteries, a hood for the 18-55 and a bag but undecided on what to go for!

im making a thread on it in a sec
Old 29th July 2008, 21:49   #28
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
haha

its been pretty slow at the moment, not really had anything to shoot

been messing about with the macro setting around the house and garden but apart from that not much

looking at a few cheap batteries, a hood for the 18-55 and a bag but undecided on what to go for!

im making a thread on it in a sec
Oh another thread that'll be nice ill have a read once im home! I wouldnt waste money on a hood for the 18-55 just get a better lens! Like the 17-40mm L lens thats a beaut!
Old 29th July 2008, 22:03   #29
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

its only 7 quid so not bank crushing!

will have a look at that lens, just need to decide what sort of lenses i need now for the photos i take, also looking at the possibility of a canon speedlite 430 ex for night time cricket...
Old 29th July 2008, 22:09   #30
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
That sounds cool with me Sayer, So fill the picture with her head and the grey card. Is it best to shoot with the lights off for the one with the grey card!
nope don't switch off the flashes otherwise the grey card image has no relevance to shots, will it?

Quote:
Ill give LR a whirl tonight i think if not tomorrow. It looks complicated is it easier than CS3?
Don't think as LR as a replacement for CS3... both a just as useful. Just LR deals with RAW images at greater precision and doesn't alter the original file (so it's a safe editer effectively).

CS3 is mainly a jpeg manipulation program and much more thorough in the type adjustments you can do to an image.

Quote:
There is going to be about 3-4 girls there aswell im really nervous!
I think she will only be wanting portrait shots and then a few groups, but ill be charging more if they want portrait pics which hopefully they will so i can have a bit of £££
£30 for CD then prints on top is bloody good!
But if all 3-4 want it dont then i might do £20 each so £10 saving each! I think thats fair. Then just give mid to high res pictures on CD.
Just don't get a hard on matt.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 22:12   #31
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
its only 7 quid so not bank crushing!

will have a look at that lens, just need to decide what sort of lenses i need now for the photos i take, also looking at the possibility of a canon speedlite 430 ex for night time cricket...
defo get a hood man... not only gives some protection to the front element it also reduces lens flare (which the kit lens has a bit of a problem with)... weirdly I was looking at a lens hood for the 50mm f/1.8.

btw... jay you should get the f/1.8. sharp as fuck above f/2.8 and cheap (~£60)
Old 29th July 2008, 22:19   #32
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
defo get a hood man... not only gives some protection to the front element it also reduces lens flare (which the kit lens has a bit of a problem with)... weirdly I was looking at a lens hood for the 50mm f/1.8.

btw... jay you should get the f/1.8. sharp as fuck above f/2.8 and cheap (~£60)
will be getting one, just need to check funds as its been an exspenisve week already (headunit, car mats, ps3 game)

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod83.html

that the one you mean?
Old 29th July 2008, 22:20   #33
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

That's the beast man.

great for the price... just shite compared to the expensive things... but then what you pay is what you get. Highly recommended though man
Old 29th July 2008, 22:30   #34
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

buy that to replace the kit lens?

at 60 notes its cheap

i think i need to get to grips with everything first and get out there and use what i have before buying more
Old 29th July 2008, 22:34   #35
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
buy that to replace the kit lens?

at 60 notes its cheap

i think i need to get to grips with everything first and get out there and use what i have before buying more
nope not to replace anything. it's a fixed focal length lens. but with a massive aperture so you can use it in much lower light and have really nice shallow depth of field stuff. Don't be put off by the fact it's fixed. once you've used it you wont stop. but yeah no rush to buy one... they'll be around until the world ends.
Old 30th July 2008, 09:57   #36
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
nope don't switch off the flashes otherwise the grey card image has no relevance to shots, will it?

Don't think as LR as a replacement for CS3... both a just as useful. Just LR deals with RAW images at greater precision and doesn't alter the original file (so it's a safe editer effectively).

CS3 is mainly a jpeg manipulation program and much more thorough in the type adjustments you can do to an image.

Just don't get a hard on matt.
Cheers Sayer, the main girl has told me what she wants, so about 2 outfit changes in normal clothes, bikini shoot and underwear shoot, then a group shot and anything her friends want.

I decided on £20 for the main girl and if anyone wants individuals thats £20 per person, if they want prints then thats ontop.
£7.50 for the CD if there not wanting individuals but want the group pics on CD.

As for LR the RAW editor looks exactly the same as the one in CS3. CS3 doesnt affect the original file as far as i can tell.

Oh and not going to goodwood today, the bloke i was going with his brother was in an accident yesterday and hasnt got in contact with me so im staying at home.

Last edited by mattchewone; 30th July 2008 at 10:07.
mattchewone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 11:20   #37
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Cheers Sayer, the main girl has told me what she wants, so about 2 outfit changes in normal clothes, bikini shoot and underwear shoot, then a group shot and anything her friends want.

I decided on £20 for the main girl and if anyone wants individuals thats £20 per person, if they want prints then thats ontop.
£7.50 for the CD if there not wanting individuals but want the group pics on CD.

As for LR the RAW editor looks exactly the same as the one in CS3. CS3 doesnt affect the original file as far as i can tell.

Oh and not going to goodwood today, the bloke i was going with his brother was in an accident yesterday and hasnt got in contact with me so im staying at home.
shame about that... hope the accident wasn't too serious...

nope cs3 is destructive as far as I understand whereas LR isn't... plus you have more options for tone adjustments and cataloging the photos properly. seriously you won't regret going to it mate.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:28   #38
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

How much is it to buy as i only have the trial. I didnt realise CS3 was destructive i thought you edited then saved as Jpeg then it did nothing to the original RAW file. Bugger!

Well ill try and use LR instead now then. So i take it LR is designed to be the digital dark room purely for editing RAW files.

Bit annoyed really i had an email this morning saying that my reflectors had been dispatched but i am sure they said on the listing get it as soon as July 30th which is today! Grrrr! Not heard anything back from those colour gel people either!

I think the accident was pretty bad but luckily his brother isnt too bad. He is stable as far as i can tell.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:32   #39
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
How much is it to buy as i only have the trial. I didnt realise CS3 was destructive i thought you edited then saved as Jpeg then it did nothing to the original RAW file. Bugger!

Well ill try and use LR instead now then. So i take it LR is designed to be the digital dark room purely for editing RAW files.

Bit annoyed really i had an email this morning saying that my reflectors had been dispatched but i am sure they said on the listing get it as soon as July 30th which is today! Grrrr! Not heard anything back from those colour gel people either!

I think the accident was pretty bad but luckily his brother isnt too bad. He is stable as far as i can tell.

They'll be in touch man don't worry... but yeah LR is purely geared up for RAW DDroom. whereas CS3 is really a jpg editor but has RAW editing added on and not really as powerful as a result.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:39   #40
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
They'll be in touch man don't worry... but yeah LR is purely geared up for RAW DDroom. whereas CS3 is really a jpg editor but has RAW editing added on and not really as powerful as a result.
Oh Right fair enough! I want the Gels by the weekend! Going to have a shower then pop in to Jessops pick up my Grey Card and possibly some portaflash brackets if they have them in store.
Ohh i should be recieving my light stands soon aswell! Oh according to the tracking system they are on a van today and i should get them soon!! Just awaiting the reflectors! then need Gels!