Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Closed Thread

Old 24th November 2008, 19:07   #101
Jadeth
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2000 Wicked Red VTR
Jadeth is on a distinguished road

Also, if you are that good of a model, you shudnt have to look for work, It shud come to you.
Old 24th November 2008, 19:08   #102
HollyAnne
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): SOLD!
HollyAnne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Agents are in the business to make money. They dont care about you as an individual, or how long you are around in the business for. They just want cash fast.

Amusingly people have been quite polite to you in this thread, and clearly posted in a manner to try and protect you as a person and help you carry on with something you enjoy.

You have done 1 shoot, have been a 'model' for a few weeks, it doesnt mean suddenly you know everything. Try to not be so dismissive of people who are clearly trying to be nice and helpful.
nice and helpful isnt degrading lots of my posts...just getting tired of it.
Old 24th November 2008, 19:14   #103
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyAnne View Post
Ive not seen anything degrading. People have posted constructive criticism. Ive dealt with agents for my main job for several years, so have my friends.

Just keep your head on your own shoulders and not get caught up in a bullshit spiel.

Modeling can be a very harsh and unfair business, you seem like a nice girl and youcan quite easily get burned in the business. Then you are no where, and this seems to mean alot to you.
Old 24th November 2008, 19:14   #104
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
What sort of modelling is it that you want to get in to?
the ASW type lol, typical model

lol ryan, one shoot and now the full time model, been doing it for years hat is on
Old 24th November 2008, 19:15   #105
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyAnne View Post
Where?

I cant see any really. it seems you have done one shoot and now you're the next big thing. People are just offering advice and opinions which you don't like.

What makes you different to the other billion girls just like you that are willing to work for free?

If you can answer that after one shoot, continue as you are. if you cant, maybe you should go back to not charging.

At this moment in time how different are you to the billion of wannabes.

My advice would be go back to not charging and do as many shoots as you feel comfortable with. Try and find a tog that you like and that likes you, then maybe when you've done a fair few shoots with them start charging.
Old 24th November 2008, 19:18   #106
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
Where?

I cant see any really. it seems you have done one shoot and now you're the next big thing. People are just offering advice and opinions which you don't like.

What makes you different to the other billion girls just like you that are willing to work for free?

If you can answer that after one shoot, continue as you are. if you cant, maybe you should go back to not charging.

At this moment in time how different are you to the billion of wannabes.

My advice would be go back to not charging and do as many shoots as you feel comfortable with. Try and find a tog that you like and that likes you, then maybe when you've done a fair few shoots with them start charging.
theres nothing wrong with charging, but refusing to work anything for free is where i said is daft.

With the price photographers charge for a portfolio, you can save yourself money, and sometimes put your face in the right place to get more jobs long term by not being greedy from the start. Some photographers that are very respected in the industry refuse to pay assistants as it is een as an honour to work with them, they sometimes feel the same with models. Yet the profile that can be raised from doing 1 shoot for free in return for pics can be massive long term.
Old 24th November 2008, 21:14   #107
HollyAnne
Established Member
South East Region Member

I'm not refusing work, I'm just picking who to work with as I dont want crappy photos, the photos in my portfolio are the ones that are supposed to show off my best points...there is only one tog I have approached that I'm working with, the other 5 and the 2 agencies approached me, one of which is payed, I'm not saying I'm a big shot as it was my first shoot but I was proud of myself...all I asked for was good or bad comments, which I got. Some people were showing an actual interest in what I was doing, so I posted up a couple of pictures and will post up more as the shoots go on. ASW or not if I didn't want the pics on show then I would be stupid to even consider modelling. The tog I done this shoot with also wants to work with me again so may get some more with him xXx
Old 24th November 2008, 23:04   #108
LukusCrossan
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): euro saxo vtr
LukusCrossan is on a distinguished road

holly they are very nice
both really nice
x
Old 24th November 2008, 23:29   #109
Jack5639
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Slammed-PosiBlue
Jack5639 is on a distinguished road

Stunnin pics, good luck. . . .
Old 25th November 2008, 00:22   #110
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

i could do better...
Old 25th November 2008, 00:23   #111
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
i could do better...
you dont have a proper studio though remeber
Old 25th November 2008, 00:28   #112
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
you dont have a proper studio though remeber

lol
Old 25th November 2008, 09:47   #113
Kelly
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VW Polo Mk5 6N2, Peugeot 106
Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Agents are in the business to make money. They dont care about you as an individual, or how long you are around in the business for. They just want cash fast.

Amusingly people have been quite polite to you in this thread, and clearly posted in a manner to try and protect you as a person and help you carry on with something you enjoy.

You have done 1 shoot, have been a 'model' for a few weeks, it doesnt mean suddenly you know everything. Try to not be so dismissive of people who are clearly trying to be nice and helpful.
I've done one shoot all be it just for fun... It is very hard to alternate poses etc when you're new to it and don't know much. If I were to get in to doing it professionally I would speak to other girls at the agency and get some tips rather than walk in with my eyes shut. There's only so far a photographer can push you for poses before thinking that booking you was a waste of time. This isn't aimed at Holly btw; it's just my point of view

If I was in shape I would love to do some catalogue modelling but its just for fun. I certainly wouldn't get in my undies and in front of a camera for anyone but Jay lol. Not that it's degrading in any way because loads of people do it
Old 25th November 2008, 12:46   #114
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

wowser our very own miss sax-p

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iSng47...eature=related

Last edited by Predator_R32; 25th November 2008 at 12:57.
The Following User Says Thank You to Predator_R32 For This Useful Post:
Old 25th November 2008, 14:46   #115
HayleyVts
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!HayleyVts is as cool as a cucumber!

lovley pics holly, the first one is the best you have gorgeous eyes !
Old 25th November 2008, 15:39   #116
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Great pictures Holly, very attractive i must say

Whens the next set coming?

Cymru am Byth
Old 25th November 2008, 18:11   #117
yorkie
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): gen7 toyota celica
yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!

hay good lookin!!!

good luck with it all hun!!!
Old 25th November 2008, 18:54   #118
HollyAnne
Established Member
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Great pictures Holly, very attractive i must say

Whens the next set coming?
Should have some new photos up tomorrow night, next shoot on Friday xXx
Old 26th November 2008, 12:07   #119
Amiee
Saxperience Addict
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): I.Car Mango Westcoast II.Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!Amiee is absolutely fabulous!

No Dan we arent being bitchy.. we have given advice which she has chosen to ignore because she thinks she "knows" it all...

Clearly she doesnt want to better herself or take on board what others have to say!

Much Love xXx I hope to see you at london fashion week next year
u need a bag on her head to fuck it tbh
Old 26th November 2008, 12:23   #120
HollyAnne
Established Member
South East Region Member

thanks for all the comments and criticisms...the first pic i agree not to keen on the eyes or pose...but its all about starting somewhere the pink bordered pic is currently my favourite but I should get the full CD today so will be able to have a proper look at them all

Ta again

xXx