Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 6th February 2009, 08:20   #61
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

my plan for today is to go and get a 2" x 2m pole and a 1 12/16th" pole to sleve over it, cut a slot at the end ad use a U clamp to secure it sliding in and out.

also getting 3 more u clamps so i can rig my central tripod pillar to the end so i can have some height control at the end
Old 6th February 2009, 09:12   #62
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

Going to make a cheap one of these i think, cameras not that valuble and if it breaks im not too fussed lol!

Does the camera need to have a long shutter speed for these kind of shots though? Say 3 seconds?
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 09:48   #63
don55
Established Member

don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

more 1-2 seconds but yer, it all depends on the light
Old 6th February 2009, 11:15   #64
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

i found this website http://www.rigshots.com.au/howto1.htm which has some usefull info on it.

one section talks suitable shutter speeds

3 seconds at F8
B+W ND 106 + Circular Polarising filter

6 seconds at F6.7

8 seconds at F8

11 seconds at F9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 14:13   #65
don55
Established Member

this is what i have at the mo

Old 6th February 2009, 15:10   #66
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

nice one mate, just becareful that the plastic on the handles dont crack. have you tried it on the car yet, how do the suction mounts seem, you think they are ok.

do me a test shot of it on the car even if you have the pole unextended to stop if vibrating, a part car shot will be fine i just wanna see pics lol

Quote:
Old 6th February 2009, 15:16   #67
don55
Established Member

yer they seem to hold well

i wana go try it but its raining ouside

but im having abo with my mates 200sx 2moz so hope to get some good results
Old 6th February 2009, 15:16   #68
don55
Established Member

oh and the Handels are think as fook, they will hold
Old 6th February 2009, 15:18   #69
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

good good lol so my idea of looking at alternative forms of suction mounts rather than the £180 manfrotto ones seems to have paid off

Quote:
Old 6th February 2009, 15:23   #70
don55
Established Member

yer dude, i had my rig on my window in my lounge all night, i heard it fall off at 4am, so it had been there for 5 hours, also i looked and it was very dirty on the pads, im sure cleaning them and using a drop of water would have lasted even longer.

id still recommend checking the "grip" ever 10 mins once shooting tho, never bee to careful.

ive also read that most people hang the strap round there hand and walk with the car, incase it drops
Old 6th February 2009, 15:31   #71
don55
Established Member

oh a break in the weather, test shots ahoy
Old 6th February 2009, 16:04   #72
don55
Established Member

hmm not so good

it bounces melodicly all the time, so i tied it down with some wire, and then it springs up and down more violently, think i need a better surface also.

really i need a 4m 2" pole
Old 6th February 2009, 16:09   #73
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

is it the pole that is flexing or where you have mounted the tripod its moving up and down.
have you tried the pole when its is not extended

Quote:
Old 6th February 2009, 16:15   #74
don55
Established Member

pole has to be extended a little, but yes its at as short as it can go, cos of the bolts etc.

here is the result, bear in mind it was only rolling across my car park very slowly, hence not alot of blur

Old 6th February 2009, 16:17   #75
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

not a bad start mate tbh, looks very promising. did you mount it on the roof or the rear window

Quote:
Old 6th February 2009, 16:29   #76
don55
Established Member

its on the rear, polycarb window.

yer it will look better for sure once the car is moving a little fast, jsut i worry about more bounce the faster it goes, need a really nice surface

i think at 17mm im gona have to get a looooong old pole to get the whole car in view
Old 6th February 2009, 17:06   #77
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Got any more pics of the camera mount end?

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:49   #78
don55
Established Member

na not yet mate, but 2moz im going out with loads of tape, cables ties and tripods, with a new pole and my mates 200sx. hope to get some good results then
Old 6th February 2009, 19:34   #79
don55
Established Member

double post
Old 5th March 2009, 12:13   #80
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator

got my clamps and wireless triggers for my speedlites yesterday so snapped a few quick pics, i desperately need to get some new batteries in them as the ones in there are pretty much dead. lighting isnt really the best as i set them up in 2 seconds just testing them out

and one with a filter

Quote: