Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 13th June 2008, 18:44   #1
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!
Default Web Designer

Anyone do web coding on Mac? If so what programme do you use?

Matt
Old 13th June 2008, 18:59   #2
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

adobe suite - basically dreamweaver is the program to have
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 19:31   #3
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

I think apple do some web based designer call iWeb.
http://www.apple.com/ilife/iweb/
Not sure what things it can do but might be worth a look.

Why dont you go hardcore anyway, use a plain text editor.
Old 13th June 2008, 19:44   #4
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Adobe suite, if its like dream weaver its not what i want! I want to Code it properly not via a gui based program!

Iweb i believe can only be used with there own .mac service which i dont want.

I know a tiny bit about html coding and want to put it into practise to get my site up and working! Would use notepad but i dont want to lol. As im not too sure how to save it and then how to view it.
Also where do i put the photos that i want on the site and how to set the image source on the coding to point to it?
Old 13th June 2008, 20:31   #5
vidal
Established Member

vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!vidal is absolutely fabulous!

try NVU

http://www.nvudev.com/download.php

V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupps View Post
Vidal i love you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_Vts View Post
sometimes i dont like you being a know it all
vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 20:32   #6
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Cheers vidal is it any good?
Old 13th June 2008, 21:09   #7
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

how to save it an where to put it?
thats the easy part! lol

homepage name to rename index. (with th eextension on the end)
save the file as a .html or .php if php scripting same with other types.
or the other easy way is to save as normal .txt or whatevcer then click to rename it put .html on the end and it will say do u want to use .html or keep .txt etc.
Old 13th June 2008, 21:13   #8
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

ok i get that part now but you mentioned .php when and why would i use .php??
Could someone tell me the difference between html coding and php coding if there is a difference etc.
Old 13th June 2008, 21:24   #9
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

html is probs best easy and best to stick to that. php is a different language code, but like other language code you can integrate them together.
.php is used for forums, calendars, accounts etc things that need to be automated. php is open source so you don't need to pay to use it and support is free. good place to learn about it with a strong communitty is www.phpbb.com. well known forums.
TBH, stick with html and master that, seems as if your not fully into the know with it, alot of people go with dream weaver so u can at least preview it and see a design view nowadays.
html ,is for static sites. it's the original for making websites. and normally other code languages are built into html.
tip is, stick with html until you get a site going and strong, then when your confident enough work into php. learning a new language will start to cause errors and problems working/learning along side another one.
Old 13th June 2008, 21:27   #10
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Well i want to have a gallery, and a shop function within the site. I know basic stuff about HTML i learn exceptionally fast tbh. I like to learn as i go i find it easier. Im going to have a play over the weekend! I found when i tried dreamweaver ages ago it just looks over complicated and confused me tbh lol.
My site will be basic doesnt need to be much else. Gallery, contact page, about me page, and a shop function but that wont be just yet so that will be a work in progress.
Need to get the gallery side sorted!
Old 13th June 2008, 21:37   #11
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Have a word with Leckie mate.

He knows his stuff.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 21:42   #12
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Have a word with Leckie mate.

He knows his stuff.
Chatting to him know mate!
Old 13th June 2008, 23:39   #13
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

Visual Web Developer express is good, I use it to do ASP.NET stuff, the IDE is really helpful for coding.
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/
Has a built in web server for debugging scripts etc.