Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 27th April 2009, 17:07   #1
chris_rolling
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR, EP3 Type R
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
chris_rolling is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Catalytic converter problem...

Hey, as this is my first ever post, i thought id be nice and give you a problem. recently the cat pipe has started blowing on my Mk 2 saxo VTR and after a (failed) attempt at fixing it, it is still blowing. took it to a trusted garage near me, and since ive tried to patch it up with exhaust wrap, and due to the size of the crack, a weld is out of the question. heres the problem. they quoted me a new cat at 249.50 inc fitting obv, but after doing some research ive found ones on the web (seems a trustworthy site?) for 69.91. now im slightly mechanically sound at normal jobs on the car, so if this cat is decent, should i save on the labour costs? what is also pursuading me this way is that im ready to order a full supersprint system (50mm pipe) and fitting kit when there back in stock, so would be under the car anyway.

heres the link http://www.cats2go.co.uk/Default.asp...ID=15&CartID=1

all advice welcome!! cheers!
chris_rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 20:21   #2
PORKYSBITZ
Regular Poster

Car(s): mk1 vts in fiat orange
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
PORKYSBITZ is on a distinguished road

its a easy bolt on job m8
PORKYSBITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 23:29   #3
chris_rolling
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

Angry

not even a day after i posted the first post in this thread, was driving along the M53 when the exhaust fell off... got the AA out, and they find that the reason the exhaust was blowing was because of the bolt that attaches the catalytic converter to the chassis (gearbox i think, correct me if im wrong) was missing, causing it to crack, so after 2 exhaust repairs under warranty when i got it last year, and two different garage visits in the last week, noone thought to check it! going to buy the cat tomoz,and keep the car off the road till the whole system has been finished.
Old 28th April 2009, 03:06   #4
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

get a second hand cat, fuck paying £250 for a cat!!!

and fitting a new exhaust urself is easy, just jack your car up and get cracking with a few simple tools, the garages you take it too are crap tbh and deffinately charging you alot..
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 12:19   #5
chris_rolling
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

cheers mate, but do you know if the 1 on the website i posted is ok? seen a few on different websites and they all seem to be around the 80 quid mark. if so, how can garages justify selling them for 250!