Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 9th November 2012, 18:54   #1
Gallogate

Gallogate is on a distinguished road
Default Help

Hi all I'm new to the forum and a saxo virgin. Recently bought a cheap saxo 1.5 diesel to get me about following a massive motorbike accident. There's one or two little problems with the car you may be able to assist me with. 1) the gear stick is sloppy despite having the gear linkages being changed. 2) there a knocking on the front is I go over rough ground like there's something loose on the front and I've noticed the front tyres wearing on the inside. And finally 3) if I'm a bit harsh with the clutch it feels like the engine is bouncing....if you can give any advice on the above I'd be grateful..
Gallogate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 18:59   #2
christoph
Established Member
South East Region Member

christoph is on a distinguished road

1) common fault with these theres a guide on here on how to rectify it. I'll try find it.
2) no one could 100% diagnose the problem. Perhaps get the wheel off and see if everything is correct.

Have a read. Good reviews it seems.
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...+linkage+guide

Last edited by christoph; 9th November 2012 at 19:01.
christoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 08:53   #3
Gallogate

Christoph,

thanks for your reply, really appreciate it, on reflection I think the best would be to replace everything from stick to box... I'm guessing the engine bouncing is gonna be an engine mount..
Old 10th November 2012, 14:47   #4
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Your tyre wear is prob caused by a worn out wishbone,which could also account for the knocking sound.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 15:01   #5
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Balls joints as said about the wishbone, bad for tracking too and the tyre wear you have.
Engine mounts could also be rather soggy and need changing
Gear linkages could be the roll pin on the box or the the rubber ball that fits into the stick mechanism - both arent hard jobs to do at all if you dont mind getting underneath and getting a bit dirty
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 16:04   #6
Gallogate

Cheers guys really appreciate it, just ordered new engine mounts off the net. I was hoping you weren't gonna say wishbones, albeit I had a feeling you would say that. Funny you should mentioning the pin near the box as one of mates got under and said it felt like was play near the box, so that may well be it. Again cheers guys.