Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 10th December 2008, 12:41   #101
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST & 206 GTI180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Morretes should go grey to match two toneness or black angels or just stds lol

ST
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 01:22   #102
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

right just been fixing a few things over the last couple of days and adding a few touches here and there.

JBL comps installed
Pioneer rear co-axials installed
All front bulbs H1, H7, 501's and 581's replaced
Indicator Stalk replaced
NS ball joint replaced
NS rear light cluster replaced
OS Mainbeam optic replaced - not a cheap part
Alternator Belt replaced

Car is booked in for wide mouth. Has a massive patch where the '16v' badge go on the NS where part of lacquer has come off so I'll be getting that seen to asap.

needs some TLC but it's getting there, ordered a 25mm Apex Lowering kit inc dampers too.
oh and S rims are going in for a powder coating.
pics later.

Last edited by Barry123; 27th December 2008 at 02:28.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 01:41   #103
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

god stuff ads heard your geting interference with speakers though??

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 01:42   #104
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Nice work Sayer, Spent the last 3 hours installing my new HU, the JBL comps, redoing all the speaker wiring & fitted some Osram H1s!

You got pics of your tweeter location & crossover location? I been havin a good long shot of the bubble-pipe pondering where to put the crossover without taking up valuable storage space, i wanna keep em out of sight too

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 01:45   #105
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
god stuff ads heard your geting interference with speakers though??
interference??? who told you that? lol nope no interference.

wait... oh yeah when Yates, Viper and I went to High Force the left side started crackling and forcing the headunit to cut power to all the speakers...

checked behind the left mid-woofer and it turned out the ground line and come loose and kept touching the chassis (hence the crackling), just patched it up with some extra solder and selotape

Just bedding them in now, 1 hour down, another 9 to go...
Old 27th December 2008, 01:46   #106
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

ahhh right all good then

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 01:49   #107
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Nice work Sayer, Spent the last 3 hours installing my new HU, the JBL comps, redoing all the speaker wiring & fitted some Osram H1s!

You got pics of your tweeter location & crossover location? I been havin a good long shot of the bubble-pipe pondering where to put the crossover without taking up valuable storage space, i wanna keep em out of sight too
no joke it took me BLADDDY ages to install the components, I'd done them before on my ol' 5-door but for some reason the cold must have got to me so it took a good 4 hours.

the rear speakers.... holy hell... didn't realise I'd have to rip up most of the rear and the entire trim to get access to them (stupid damn 3-doors) that said it was worth it and I don't care what any of the pro's say, having a good set of rear speakers is well worth taking the time to install.

Tweeters are located on the wing mirror covers, the crossovers are in the back door bins although in a corner so they can still be used. Although there is enough space behind the door card itself to located the crossovers themselves if you're not happy about them being in the bins man

EDIT: depends on the size of the crossovers though!
Old 27th December 2008, 01:52   #108
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

sayer rear end should only take 30mins to get appart max for rear speakers, Not that they are needed anyway, as the sound stage should be infront of the ear not behind it

whens the cams going in
Old 27th December 2008, 02:01   #109
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
sayer rear end should only take 30mins to get appart max for rear speakers, Not that they are needed anyway, as the sound stage should be infront of the ear not behind it

whens the cams going in
nnaaaaa. when shifting the fader you can tell straight away the difference it makes, because of the whole spacial-awareness way in which humans work, two ears yet can sense audio sources in 3dimensions, provided you've balanced them (basically so the rears are driving slightly harder than the fronts) it 'fills' the car better, also gives better stereo definition.

makes mucho difference.

never done rear before (never had a 3-door either), didn't fancy fuggering up the doorcards for the sake of hurrying the work up.

cams, once I've got everything else sorted. something still isn't quite right in the transmission and steering so I'm going to have a looky and play about tomorrow.
Old 27th December 2008, 02:04   #110
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

what you mean in tranny> it not shifting right, popping out of gear etc...>

i need new ball joints in mine both are fucked, so might be onto the spare bones for a while.
Old 27th December 2008, 02:14   #111
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
no joke it took me BLADDDY ages to install the components, I'd done them before on my ol' 5-door but for some reason the cold must have got to me so it took a good 4 hours.

the rear speakers.... holy hell... didn't realise I'd have to rip up most of the rear and the entire trim to get access to them (stupid damn 3-doors) that said it was worth it and I don't care what any of the pro's say, having a good set of rear speakers is well worth taking the time to install.

Tweeters are located on the wing mirror covers, the crossovers are in the back door bins although in a corner so they can still be used. Although there is enough space behind the door card itself to located the crossovers themselves if you're not happy about them being in the bins man

EDIT: depends on the size of the crossovers though!
Yeh, i've given up for the night, too cold to be outdoors now!

Theres a vertical metal strip that runs down the inside of the door itself, i'm gonna have a bash at sticking the crossover to that in the morning, failing that it'll have to go on the rear of the doorcard somewhere, the lip below the doors grab handle probably!

My kitchen as of 2 mins ago...

(Yes im aware the cat is eating out a tin of food, he managed to get it off the worktop, get the clingfilm off & pull the lid back enough to get his head in so i figured he deserved the spoils )

Not even thought about the rear yet. Heading down to Newcastle in the morning for a night out so been rushing to get the new speakers & ipod headunit in so i can listen to some decent quality music on the way down!

Last edited by Mystic; 27th December 2008 at 02:16.
Old 27th December 2008, 02:15   #112
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

wtf is the cat trying to eat
Old 27th December 2008, 02:18   #113
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
what you mean in tranny> it not shifting right, popping out of gear etc...>

i need new ball joints in mine both are fucked, so might be onto the spare bones for a while.
ball joints are gay.

cornering to the left seems to make the car resonate madly at about 3k and 6k rpm. As does letting off throttle from high revs. sounds like its coming from around the centre section - now I know this was replaced by KwikFit just before I bought the car and when I took the car to be inspected after I'd bought it the mechanic said he'd had a go at adjusting it because it was in contact with the heat sheilf, so my guess is it's back in it's original (and wrong) position

Kwikfit employees are actually the stupidest mongs on planet earth - no offence to any KwikFit employees on saxp

I think the OS shaft might be on its way out... the odd 'ping' at <3mph and full lock. And the wheels feel like they're wobbling at the same time.

Oh and the alternator is fufu'd
Old 27th December 2008, 02:20   #114
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Made an edit

Quote:
(Yes im aware the cat is eating out a tin of food, he managed to get it off the worktop, get the clingfilm off & pull the lid back enough to get his head in so i figured he deserved the spoils )
Half a tin of catfood.

I meant to say aswell Ads, i mounted the tweaters in the same place as you, made some pads about 2 year ago using a load of body filler lol, they dont look so hot close up but will do for now, will need to have a bash at some material + fibreglass resin efforts one day.

Old 27th December 2008, 02:23   #115
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

ah heatshield grumblings, a common fault tbh! heard it many a time! yes queer fit fitters are amongst the thickest.

adjustment to the middle hanger should in theory sort it as it will cause the biggest movement.

offside is long shaft iirc cunts to change the otherdise short shaft is a 30min -1hour job.

could allways be the top mount bearings btw the ping that or droplinks
Old 27th December 2008, 02:23   #116
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Yeh, i've given up for the night, too cold to be outdoors now!

Theres a vertical metal strip that runs down the inside of the door itself, i'm gonna have a bash at sticking the crossover to that in the morning, failing that it'll have to go on the rear of the doorcard somewhere, the lip below the doors grab handle probably!

My kitchen as of 2 mins ago...

Not even thought about the rear yet. Heading down to Newcastle in the morning for a night out so been rushing to get the new speakers & ipod headunit in so i can listen to some decent quality music on the way down!
That's class! dadsayer and mothersayer go ape whenever a single part of my car in the kitchen, not cool especially in winter

defo enough space in the door grab handle

have you replaced the entire speaker wiring as well man? Was looking at the O-Cu-Free stuff the other day but couldn't quite justify the time and the expense really for my low budget setup. What setup are you running?

EDIT: looks like you bought the JBLs GTc kit as well

tbh the most time took was with the dynaMat stuff... Halfords are practically giving it away at the moment so bought a couple of sheets
Old 27th December 2008, 02:27   #117
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
ah heatshield grumblings, a common fault tbh! heard it many a time! yes queer fit fitters are amongst the thickest.

adjustment to the middle hanger should in theory sort it as it will cause the biggest movement.
ahhh good stuff, I'll check it out tomorrow then

Quote:

could allways be the top mount bearings btw the ping that or droplinks
Glad you said that as I didn't think the ping sounded like the shaft... droplinks? which bit are they then???
Old 27th December 2008, 02:31   #118
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

droplinks are the almost verticle bar that runs off the strut to the ARB.

You can see it to the left of strut in pic (also covered in brake fluid)
Old 27th December 2008, 02:32   #119
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

and also you own a sport saxo, get used to bangs and pings lol!

both of mine have and do so and drive fine.
Old 27th December 2008, 02:38   #120
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

^^^ legend. the tyres on the front are getting replaced tomorrow so I'll get behind and have a look

Quote:
and also you own a sport saxo, get used to bangs and pings lol!

both of mine have and do so and drive fine.
Just 'saxo' would have sufficed