Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 27th October 2010, 07:35   #1
benkelsall
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
benkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of light
Default Internet, phone and fax.

Went to pc world yesterday and got one of the 3 in 1 adapters, so can use fax, phone and internet at the same time. But when you plug it in the internet don't work. Phone and fax work fine tho. The internet and phone work fine when using an adsl filter.

Using this, http://www.commteluk.com/catalogue/t...rge-protection

Anyone got any idea how to get the internet working too? have i done something wrong lol?
Or would I need to get another phone line put it just for the fax?
benkelsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 10:40   #2
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Alright fella,

Read this "This product is designed for telephone/voice signals only, and is not ADSL compatible."

I think the idea of this product is so you can connect 2 phones and a fax machine, or does a fax machine use a telephone port?

But from that it deffo sounds like it wont work with ADSL internet. Where do you put the ADSL filter, i have never used one before, is it after or before that adapter?

EDIT: after reading it again this "Ideal for PC’s, Laptops and fax connection from one telephone point " makes it sound like it should work.

Are you plugging a modem into it, or a cable directly into it? maybe you forgot to put the modem on if thats even possible with ADSL
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 14:43   #3
benkelsall
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
benkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of light

The bloke at pc world said to get it so I just thought it would work fine, but it don't lol.
Had the modem cable, phone cable and fax cable going into the adapter, only the phone and fax worked. Now got the fax and internet working using a 2 in 1 adapter which will do atm lol.
benkelsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 14:46   #4
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Well i guess its a step up from your phone you had? lol, just not sure if its in the right direction, fax...
Old 9th November 2010, 14:03   #5
mechsman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.4i SX 3dr, 106 (engine swap under way), p
mechsman is on a distinguished road

I would say that if you used an adsl filter before you need to use it in this setup as well. ADSL filter into the wall. Modem socket on the adsl filter to the modem and then plug that box into the "telephone" socket on the adsl filter. That box is basically just a sophisticated splitter by the look of it so it won't be setup to deal with filtering the adsl signals.

Oh, and you TRUSTED a pc world person?!!?! Fail! lol!
mechsman is offline   Reply With Quote