Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 18th October 2012, 13:05   #1
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Pioneer DDJ SX + Serato DJ

Ordered.

Please someone tell me I haven't made a mistake chosing a native controller for Serato.

Has anyone experience of using Serato products? I really will be going in blind having never used a controller/laptop set up in my life before.

I've read through the Serato DJ intro instructions and it all seems pretty intuitive but making the move from CDJ1000IIs to this does seem quite daunting!

Thoughts on the deck itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 13:12   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Oh no you went and got a fisherprice mixing desk!
Old 18th October 2012, 13:21   #3
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Oh no you went and got a fisherprice mixing desk!
From the pre-reviews and competition on the market this seems to be the best out there at the mo
Quote:
Old 18th October 2012, 13:23   #4
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
From the pre-reviews and competition on the market this seems to be the best out there at the mo
It is, I got my daughter one for xmas
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 21:55   #5
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

My dad used Serato but the light version with a Vestax version of the all in one Mixer unit like yours.
He doesn't take his DJin too serious and is nice and simple for him to carry about when he wants to play.

Serato the full version seems to normally run smoothly, but my mates all have macs and it seems to run smooth on them. Heard the odd thing about it going on the blink mid set on windows machines when the going gets tough. But that's few and far between.
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 22:08   #6
christoph
Established Member
South East Region Member

christoph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ05LLY View Post
Serato the full version seems to normally run smoothly, but my mates all have macs and it seems to run smooth on them. Heard the odd thing about it going on the blink mid set on windows machines when the going gets tough. But that's few and far between.
Can 100% voucher for this. Why i went back to traktor pro.
christoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 22:12   #7
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

I know loads of house DJs prefer Traktor as they say it suits them more. Not sure how that is like, I think it's personal pref.
Serato must just take up too much memory at times causing windows to quit on itself. I bet it's horrible when your set quits and the place goes quiet
Old 18th October 2012, 22:31   #8
christoph
Established Member
South East Region Member

christoph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I know loads of house DJs prefer Traktor as they say it suits them more. Not sure how that is like, I think it's personal pref.
Serato must just take up too much memory at times causing windows to quit on itself. I bet it's horrible when your set quits and the place goes quiet
Well house is my forte, but i choose it as it just seems to run smoother. Even though was a pain to code in my controller :/
christoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 22:31   #9
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

That looks like an awesome piece of kit!
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 06:54   #10
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

One of my mates is getting one. The only grudge I have with pio products is the price. Other than that they get the job well done. The sampler bank buttons at the bottom of each player look tasty. Have fun

Quote:
Don't forget you can also run it on macOs on your PC. On the flip side traktor is a pain in the ass to setup on some devices.

Last edited by Manu; 19th October 2012 at 06:57.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 07:03   #11
craig180p
Yorkshire

The laptop issue isn't an issue if you know how to maintain your laptop.

Cheers fir the comments though guys
Quote:
Old 19th October 2012, 07:40   #12
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Don't forget you can also run it on macOs on your PC. On the flip side traktor is a pain in the ass to setup on some devices.
I didn't realise this tbh, never looked into it thou. Was only quoting what I head heard but personally hadn't seen it failing etc. So was more a general comment than saying it will def happen.
Is there a reason why it poss fails on a windows machine?
Old 19th October 2012, 08:03   #13
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Most of the time the problem is down to user error. I've seen some guys trying to run serato through 1.1 usb plugs, pull out their hair and wonder why oh why it doesn't work. Or running multiple tasks at once such as antivirus software, computer not being maintained properly, having 150 icons on your desktop, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ey-YiiXpwoM
Old 19th October 2012, 10:02   #14
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Surely Macs could do same then? Or am I missing something completely.
I'll watch the vid you posted when am not on work PC
Old 19th October 2012, 10:16   #15
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Surely Macs could do same then? Or am I missing something completely.
I'll watch the vid you posted when am not on work PC
macs have that extra stability, and the os architecture is not the same at all. I lost count of how many times I have seen a PC crash, including during live gigs. Then all the mac crashes I've seen can be counted with the fingers on one hand, one of them being my fault, and the remaining ones being from a machine that had a software update gone wrong. The only other one was when I loaded a mac like a donkey, 5.1 surround sound mixing with HD sound samples on a machine that only had 2gb of ram. That's it.

The mac v PC discussion is quite old and often leads to online fights with fanboys in each camp. If you want the most direct take on this there's the serato forums http://serato.com/forum/discussion/227560

Last edited by Manu; 19th October 2012 at 10:20.