Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 27th June 2006, 14:30   #1
S34MER
East Midlands
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Skoda Fabia VRS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!
Default Curious And Bored!!

Right then, If you had a VTS and did every mod possible to it despite funds so for example turbo'd runnin 26psi, upgraded cams, ECU re-map, high comp pistons, bored head, the works basically, what do reckon it would run @ im talkin just bhp??? thought it would be a bit of a topic as i was thinkin bout it I thought I would share my random thoughts with you guys!!
Oh and one more thing, is it possible to supercharge and turbo a saxo, i've seen it don on both a skyline r34 and a supra tt but seein as a saxo isn't really and comparison to either of these i just wondered if it was possible!!

cheers

Oli

Turbo Diesel is where the future lies

Bow to the VRS
S34MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 14:33   #2
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

My X girlfriend was Curious and Bored....Shes now a lemon
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 14:33   #3
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

wouldnt know bout bhp, ratty would be your man for that, but yeah you can turbo and super charge any car if you have the cash
saxoash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 14:34   #4
S34MER
East Midlands

S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!S34MER is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leckie
My X girlfriend was Curious and Bored....Shes now a lemon
LMAO :

Bow to the VRS
Old 27th June 2006, 14:34   #5
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

supercharged and turbocharged has been done iirc but was in a diffrent country

it all depends on how its set up to what bhp you get

my for sale ad
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 14:41   #6
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

If you made the engine block and all the components out of kyptonite you could stuff shit loads of air in the cylinders and could get 1000's of horsepower + you could kill superman.

Within material engineering limits. I reckon around 400 - but kiss goodbye to reliability, your chassis, gearbox, and license .

Problem is... increase in air will result in an increase in power which is an increase in heat, which will wear parts out. A 1.6 running to the absolute max (and well outside its design tolerance) is bound to go bang fairly quickly.

400 my answer
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 14:42   #7
S34MER
East Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesslevtr
supercharged and turbocharged has been done iirc but was in a diffrent country
REALLY!!! i'd love to c that!!

Bow to the VRS
Old 27th June 2006, 14:47   #8
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S34MER
REALLY!!! i'd love to c that!!
no i was wrong there isnt 1 well iv just done a search for a compound charged saxo and nothing came up though talk of a twin tiurbo vtr did from dpmotorsport

my for sale ad
Old 27th June 2006, 14:51   #9
senseless
Regular Poster

senseless is on a distinguished road

a shy 350 or less on the 1.6
i know of celica modded the hell with just over 400 but there are some with a 500+ but they have been rebored to 2.2
senseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 14:53   #10
S34MER
East Midlands

twin turbo??? core blimey!! bet that shifts! lol

Bow to the VRS
Old 27th June 2006, 14:55   #11
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

not really due to the lag have a search you will find most of the stuff you need to know

my for sale ad
Old 27th June 2006, 14:55   #12
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
no i was wrong there isnt 1 well iv just done a search for a compound charged saxo and nothing came up though talk of a twin tiurbo vtr did from dpmotorsport
Think it was a 206 1.4 with a super charger and a turbo
Old 27th June 2006, 14:56   #13
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
not really due to the lag have a search you will find most of the stuff you need to know
if there 2 small turbos then there wouldnt be that much lag
Old 27th June 2006, 14:59   #14
S34MER
East Midlands

there wouldn't be much lag anyway if it had sequential turbo's would there???

Bow to the VRS
Old 27th June 2006, 15:04   #15
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Pretty complex to 'add' sequential turbo's to an engine as you need a regulator and host of other stuff to alter the exhaust flow between the smaller and larger turbos.
Old 27th June 2006, 15:04   #16
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

but why have 2 tho when 1 is good enough if set up right

you can have 1 for each cylinder if you really wanted thats 4 if you didnt know

my for sale ad
Old 27th June 2006, 15:17   #17
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:

In most cases a smaller turbo would give better for response (less lag) - due to less inertia in spooling the bloody thing up.

However at higher RPM it might not provide enough air therefore a larger turbo is required - which has a higher inertia so wont provide much boost at low rpm... so some engines... BMW's have started to adopt this... have two turbo's

small for low rpms and a big one for high rpms - it keeps the torque curve smooth
Old 27th June 2006, 15:26   #18
S34MER
East Midlands

Quote:

so there ya go!

Bow to the VRS
Old 27th June 2006, 15:59   #19
Ratty
Established Member

Ratty is a jewel in the roughRatty is a jewel in the roughRatty is a jewel in the rough

only reason you would use 2 (turbo and supercharger) is if you had a massive turbo (e.g. one that wouldnt kick until say 6k on your standard engine) you would use the supercharger to supply the turbo so that it would kick lower down and have a massive pull (e.g. the boost would come in at say 4k instead of 6k)

max power wise id guess around the 400mark unless you used NOS in which case 500ish, but that would require large boost ie more than 2bar.
Old 27th June 2006, 16:02   #20
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Moved to engines as this could be a good thread, and most of the kids wont come in here and ruin it

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote