Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 5th July 2011, 15:07   #21
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyy View Post
Also been poking around this website, this SERIOUSLY interests me, but the courses sound extortianate (spelling fuck-up?)

www.subbassdj.com
My mate runs that, I did some work for them.

Its not a bad course, they do both production and djing. Got a whole load of macs in the studio to work on from the production side of things.

Its not something you need to be either at uni or planning to go to uni with. Anyone can walk off the street pay money and do the thing, much like MOS dj academy.

Last edited by Ryan; 5th July 2011 at 15:10.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 17:36   #22
logic_guy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central Counties Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Old: Two Tone VTR New: C2 VTS Code
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
logic_guy is on a distinguished road

I DJ (Mainly bedroom and Radio)

I taught my self, took a few years learning how to do it properaly. The initial start up is minimkum (Midi controler + VDJ) but for a pair of techincs, Rane mixer and SSL 3 costs a fair bit.

I plan to make some promo CD's in the next few months, venture out into bars/ clubs
logic_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 18:09   #23
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logic_guy View Post
I DJ (Mainly bedroom and Radio)

I taught my self, took a few years learning how to do it properaly. The initial start up is minimkum (Midi controler + VDJ) but for a pair of techincs, Rane mixer and SSL 3 costs a fair bit.

I plan to make some promo CD's in the next few months, venture out into bars/ clubs
You have an SSL desk? if so why are you driving round in a saxo? SSL desks cost a fortune
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 18:17   #24
logic_guy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central Counties Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Old: Two Tone VTR New: C2 VTS Code
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
logic_guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankay View Post
You have an SSL desk? if so why are you driving round in a saxo? SSL desks cost a fortune
SSL Desk?
I beg your pardon?

SSL3.. Serato Scratch Live 3... Interface box
logic_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 19:31   #25
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
My mate runs that, I did some work for them.

Its not a bad course, they do both production and djing. Got a whole load of macs in the studio to work on from the production side of things.

Its not something you need to be either at uni or planning to go to uni with. Anyone can walk off the street pay money and do the thing, much like MOS dj academy.
Had a look at the MoS Academy Course thing with Ellaskins on YouTube and it's pretty basic stuff! Although I bet you would make a fair few contacts along the way and getting a chance to play at a club.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 19:35   #26
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Had a look at the MoS Academy Course thing with Ellaskins on YouTube and it's pretty basic stuff! Although I bet you would make a fair few contacts along the way and getting a chance to play at a club.
You play in the baby box/lounge. Which us what pretty much every dj who plays for sub promoters do anyway. I have some mates in the industry who did the academy though, 1 is playing cream residents at creamfields.

Most dj courses are basic, teaching you beat matching, bar counting etc....
Old 5th July 2011, 19:49   #27
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

So if it's that basic, there would be no point in paying that kinda dosh if you're already familiar with the basics like you said beat-matching etc??

I just love the idea of learning new stuff, listening to other DJ's that have made it & of course networking with the right people which would be invaluable...
Old 5th July 2011, 19:51   #28
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
So if it's that basic, there would be no point in paying that kinda dosh if you're already familiar with the basics like you said beat-matching etc??

I just love the idea of learning new stuff, listening to other DJ's that have made it & of course networking with the right people...
Alot of people don't know the basics, there are different level courses though I'm sure, no point putting someone into a high level course when they don't even have a clue about what beat matching is.

If you want to make it as a dj you NEED to produce, and that's dealing with top djs not some tard who plays serato in a local sess pit on a Friday night.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:04   #29
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Hmmm..haha this is sounding expensive..but it's what I want to do..

Just looked there ryan on the subbassdj site and there is a 2-day advanced course for honing your skills, didnt spot it at first..wonder how many people make it into pacha, egg etc.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:14   #30
Frankay
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logic_guy View Post
SSL Desk?
I beg your pardon?

SSL3.. Serato Scratch Live 3... Interface box
My bad i thought you was on talking about a mixing desk called SSL (solid state logic) and they cost a small fortune. So my bad
Old 5th July 2011, 20:31   #31
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Hmmm..haha this is sounding expensive..but it's what I want to do..

Just looked there ryan on the subbassdj site and there is a 2-day advanced course for honing your skills, didnt spot it at first..wonder how many people make it into pacha, egg etc.
As said you need to produce. You build a name by producing good tracks, then you get booked. Also you won't be playing main rooms without some help from contacts really (agency).

You can sometimes get gigs if you sell X number if tickets.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:41   #32
Frankay
Established Member

Ryyy if you need a hand on producing tracks or where to start with what programmes to use drop me a PM and i shall gladly help you.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:50   #33
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

cheers frankay laddo