Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 7th February 2010, 02:28   #21
1ntense
Regular Poster

Car(s): VTR
1ntense is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
if your 29 and struggling to insure a vtr then youve got problems lol
firstly, you have tried to ridicule me a you said the above in 2 of my posts.

secondly, I am putting up with it, as I dont have a choice if I want a decent car

thirdly, thats got nothing to do with me as I am insured

fourthly, I couldnt give 2 streaks of piss whether you declared that your pits stunk and that it could affect your driving ability.

Not sure where you're getting that I have not declared my mods to my insurance company as my car is standard lol

As I said, I would appreciate it if you refrained from posting on my threads please.

Thanks

Danny
1ntense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 02:34   #22
johnr32
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
johnr32 is on a distinguished road

TBH if it were me..the cheapest "mods" you could do is give it a full service. Should never believe anyone you dont personally know.
johnr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 02:36   #23
1ntense
Regular Poster

good point mate.

what exactly does a service consist of?
Old 7th February 2010, 02:37   #24
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntense View Post
good point mate.

what exactly does a service consist of?
Spark plugs, air filter, oil change and new oil filter normally, could do the fuel filter aswell as some other little bits if you wanted.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 02:39   #25
1ntense
Regular Poster

not sure how that would work with the air filter as mine has got a k&n induction kit. Would rather it didnt tbh, much rather have the standard air box so I could slip in a green cotton panel filter in it.

how much would I be looking at for a service?
Old 7th February 2010, 02:40   #26
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
firstly, you have tried to ridicule me a you said the above in 2 of my posts.

secondly, I am putting up with it, as I dont have a choice if I want a decent car

thirdly, thats got nothing to do with me as I am insured

fourthly, I couldnt give 2 streaks of piss whether you declared that your pits stunk and that it could affect your driving ability.

Not sure where you're getting that I have not declared my mods to my insurance company as my car is standard lol

As I said, I would appreciate it if you refrained from posting on my threads please.

Thanks

Danny
my point was regarding your earlier posts where you was intrested in doing a 16v conversion and not declaring it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 02:41   #27
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
not sure how that would work with the air filter as mine has got a k&n induction kit. Would rather it didnt tbh, much rather have the standard air box so I could slip in a green cotton panel filter in it.

how much would I be looking at for a service?
Depends which garage you go to or if you do it yourself (easy jobs tbh)

And just get some K&N filter cleaner as wash your induction kit when it looks dirty
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 02:50   #28
johnr32
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

you will be surprised at how much powah you get once the saxo gets a nice delicious service as most cars havent been serviced since the 100BC...
Old 7th February 2010, 02:51   #29
1ntense
Regular Poster

nice one, will take it to a garage within the next few days for a quote and see about getting some of the cleaning stuff, from memory of looking at it today, it did look a bit dirty lol
Old 7th February 2010, 02:53   #30
-shuggles-
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): bodied VTR
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
-shuggles- is on a distinguished road

why not get agood suspension set up and better brakes? power isnt always everything
-shuggles- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 05:34   #31
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (83%)
Cammy is on a distinguished road

When it comes to power, i see "16v it" "stick a VTS in"

I for one wont do that, because what will put a smile on my face will be sticking money into an 8v that can whip the shit out of a GTI or a VTS, now some people will slant me for this or saying im speaking shit, but ive raced a 106 GTI - and my car standard isnt that far off it, the only time he edges away is after 60 and even then im not far off his tail or his rear is passed me.

Now, as in the other thread kev linked a thread to a vtr that has some work done to it that does eat vts's

When it comes down to it, how much bigger is the VTS Engine in terms of weight ? its roughly about 35kg more. But then again you can look at the factory stats for 1/4 miles time, the VTS is 16.62 at 1/4 a mile and the VTR is 17.92 1/4 mile.

Thats not that far off, i for one am going to be sticking my money in my VTR by only using the best and once ive hit 130 BHP at N/A (dont give me snide comments about this, its possible with allot of work) i will possibly look at doing further work, as my vtr will be kept mostly all of my life as its a car that was gifted to me on a "special" birthday, and to me im in the hopes that like most classics the VTR or VTS will be one of them one day.

Last edited by Cammy; 7th February 2010 at 05:37.
Cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 11:00   #32
johnr32
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shuggles- View Post
why not get agood suspension set up and better brakes? power isnt always everything
I would probably also recommend this. lowering is a must!
Old 7th February 2010, 11:06   #33
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C18VTR View Post

I for one wont do that, because what will put a smile on my face will be sticking money into an 8v that can whip the shit out of a GTI or a VTS, now some people will slant me for this or saying im speaking shit, but ive raced a 106 GTI - and my car standard isnt that far off it, the only time he edges away is after 60 and even then im not far off his tail or his rear is passed me.

Now, as in the other thread kev linked a thread to a vtr that has some work done to it that does eat vts's

When it comes down to it, how much bigger is the VTS Engine in terms of weight ? its roughly about 35kg more. But then again you can look at the factory stats for 1/4 miles time, the VTS is 16.62 at 1/4 a mile and the VTR is 17.92 1/4 mile.

Thats not that far off, i for one am going to be sticking my money in my VTR by only using the best and once ive hit 130 BHP at N/A (dont give me snide comments about this, its possible with allot of work) i will possibly look at doing further work, as my vtr will be kept mostly all of my life as its a car that was gifted to me on a "special" birthday, and to me im in the hopes that like most classics the VTR or VTS will be one of them one day.
have you driven both the 8v and 16v engine? there's so much more to it than which is quicker in a straght line

by the time youve spent your £1000's getting it to 130bhp, you could have spent less on a 16v engine, and see more than 130bhp + the fact the 16v is a better engine to drive.

im not saying all 8v's are bad btw, sandy will say more than anyone on here the quality of the 8v's he's built and seen... but the 16v model is always the better option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 12:35   #34
moxy89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): Astra vxr with added boost
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
moxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by C18VTR View Post

that down to the driver mate... a standard s kills a standard R.. VTR run out of punch within seconds.. yes a R with work done would (could beat a vts) however if the same mods done to the VTS yet again your arse would be handed to you...
moxy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 12:40   #35
johnr32
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxy89 View Post
that down to the driver mate... a standard s kills a standard R.. VTR run out of punch within seconds.. yes a R with work done would (could beat a vts) however if the same mods done to the VTS yet again your arse would be handed to you...
True but tbh everyone has a different approach to everything so if it makes them happy then its all good
Old 7th February 2010, 12:53   #36
ManGo-SaXo
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1.4 - FuriO
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
ManGo-SaXo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_vtr View Post
could do the fuel filter aswell
I've a few days ago bought a new fuel filter, easy to fit?
ManGo-SaXo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 13:03   #37
Keifer1903
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): MK2 Saxo VTR 109bhp
Keifer1903 is on a distinguished road

def go with bigger breaks and good suspension
Keifer1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 13:19   #38
Saaamon
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Saaamon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I plan to learn to drive it better, Im just thinking to the future and Im 29 btw, wouldnt class myself as naive either.

Why is it everyone on forums want to portray that they do everything by the book lol makes me laugh.

Thanks for your input anyway mate

Danny
Because most of us do things by the book on here. Just spend your money on track tution and track time if you can't afford the insurance.
Saaamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 13:45   #39
Jordy6969
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): My bike
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jordy6969 is on a distinguished road

In my opinion I think people on this site don't take into regard members love and faith for their current cars without sticking a valver in it. I know alot of people who would much prefer to slightly mod their VTR rather than do an engine conversion.

Regarding not declaring mods, alot of people listen to the advice about sticking a 16v lump in, and then don't declare it, because then fair enough it would be a much cheaper option. However as stated above your not actually insured if you do this, and your officially f**ked if you hurt someone, could end up losing all your assets.